In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Long time

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
No see....
We're Baaaaaccckkk......[:)]

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I see the 'Gun Poll" thread has all my posts deleted. Would I be correct to assume that the left-ward leaning moderator over there that comes and goes deleted them...? O r was it something that happened during the 'intermission'..?
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "intermission" did NOT have anything to do with any single post in any thread.
    Concerning the internission, either the thread is still here, or it's not.
    ""Someone"" picked out specific replies and deleted them.

Looks like quite a few posts were deleted out of that thread.
    There were NO posts, that I read, that broke any rules.
    Is THIS what we have, to look forward to??? [V][xx(][V][xx(][V][xx(][V]
    This SUCKS - BIG TIME.
    [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

May have to start copying threads........Hmmmmmm.......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The left-leaning,"cain't we all just get along" moderator and I have had words before..."I am too harsh". ect...and most of the deletes I have incurred has been his action.
    The man is gun control, incorporated..and militant at it.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well you guys are still okay by me, no matter what anyone else says. Hope you're both doing well. Not to many good topics worth writing about/on lately but I've been around.[:)]
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    The left-leaning,"cain't we all just get along" moderator and I have had words before..."I am too harsh". ect...and most of the deletes I have incurred has been his action.
    The man is gun control, incorporated..and militant at it.

Highball, who are you refering to?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, it damn sure ain't " I believe in the Second Amendment" Nunn...
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like in all groups and organizations, folks in charge don't like to hear from people that can't "go with the flow" or "just get along".

One fortunate by-product of the Political Correctness movement is that they can no longer tell you to your face that they don't like you and don't want you around. Instead they have to make things as uncomfortable and inconvenient as they can for you, in as nice a way as possible of course.

[:D]

-Wolf

P.S. I don't envy the Admins here on GB. There are a fair share of royal @sshats on these forums. I may get a bit delete-happy if I had that authority too!
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    There are some public forums where absolutely anything goes and, I can only imagine how ugly and frustrating it must be to participate on them. Some folks even resort to making public forums an extension of their own madness and debauchery.

Suffice to say that few posters, if any, would garner a real sense of "family", camaraderie or belonging from participating on them. Here at GB, it's a lot different. I believe that there is a sense of "family" among the majority of posters and that good fellowship, humor and civility are the norm.

But, the reality of it is that this particular site is not a standalone public forum, in that it exists solely as a by-product of GB's main purpose and financial thrust, i.e. the auctions side. So, logically, posting rules - etiquette? decorum? - would therefore apply so as not to jeopardize the core business itself. Many of the posts I've participated in here on GB were ultimately poofed and so it may have been because of something I myself posted - or not. It's a subjective task and a thankless one at that.

Speaking only for myself, I don't take any of it personally since I'm not paying one thin dime for the privilege of being a member here on GB.

It's reasonable to assume that they'll (GB) never, ever get rich on guys like me who aren't gun fanciers, shops, FFL's, collectors, enthusiasts, traders, etc. and who don't participate in either side of the auctions.

Thanks for reading. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I certainly understand how people owning guns hate to hear themselves called "Anti-Gun". The truth always hurts.

Part of the process of becoming a mature individual is the ability to look in the mirror...and understand ones own weakneses. That is the path to becoming stronger.

However...when organizations like the NRA pat anti-gunners on the back and smile proudly..so those anti-gunners will send in donations..truth takes a distant back seat...and is no defense.

Now,,truth being told...I have lasted far longer on these forums then I expected to.The message I carry is foreign except to a precious few...and I treasure those few far above the mulititudes that bow their knee to tyranny...and the organizations that carry the water for tyrants.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    I certainly understand how people owning guns hate to hear themselves called "Anti-Gun". The truth always hurts.

Part of the process of becoming a mature individual is the ability to look in the mirror...and understand ones own weakneses. That is the path to becoming stronger.

However...when organizations like the NRA pat anti-gunners on the back and smile proudly..so those anti-gunners will send in donations..truth takes a distant back seat...and is no defense.

Now,,truth being told...I have lasted far longer on these forums then I expected to.The message I carry is foreign except to a precious few...and I treasure those few far above the mulititudes that bow their knee to tyranny...and the organizations that carry the water for tyrants.

highball you're about the only reason I still hang out around here... Seriously.

Im up here in wyoming working, I thought about swinging down to Oklahoma to visit my union hall, and to come share a beer with you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am in the Tulsa area...and would indeed drink that beer.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Hey all [:D] Well highball, it seems the the downward spiral may increase in velocity now. All we need is for Hillary to get in, in '08 and that should finish it. Bush seems bent on making sure that happens. The proof happened yesterday.