In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

California Republicans and guns

CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
Who could I have voted for Attorney General (the guy that basically decides if something is an assault weapon, can add any weapon to the AW list etc).
Heres our Republican candidate(who lost)
Chuck Poochigian
Republican

Top 3 Accomplishments
PEACE OFFICER PROTECTION ACT - Senator Poochigian recently authored legislation that calls for greater protections from felons in possession of firearms. Read about Senator Poochigian's bill that targets cop killers and repeat offenders in the Stockton Record Article,Getting Tough on Guns.

Then as you know our govenor, a supposed republican, signed the 50 cal ban.

So, I voted 3rd party, mostly libretarian, and my candidates got basicallt 1-2%, wohoo democracy in action, the first time i was able to vote was so satisfying.

And all the bond acts i voted against got passed, wohoo ill be paying them off+interest the rest of my working life.

Oh... and feinstein got voted in again, even though I sucked it up and voted republican on that one cause I really didnt want her to get elected.

Why did I bother wasting my time?

Comments

• chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CA sucks said..."And all the bond acts i voted against got passed, wohoo ill be paying them off+interest the rest of my working life."

I have two criteria for voting on bond acts. First; A.does it limit freedom B.neutral for freedom C.increase freedom. A=no B=maybe and C=yes. Second does it cost money. If it costs money and previous a "B" then no. If it doesnt cost money and previously a "B" then maybe. If previously "C" then yes.

I believe modern politicians are more interested in power than the public good. One way to limit their power is to take away as much money as possible. This election most of the bond acts passed. If a couple of million California pro gun voters would say I'm voting "NO" on everything that costs money until our firearm rights are restored AND DO IT then they can not ignore us.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    People that actually are able to form an intelligent thought are far outnumbered by graft-ridden, lazy bast**** that vote for those that promise THEM the most goodie's from the public till.

The system is BUSTED...and intelligent people no longer indulge in it.