In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lest anyone think the election won't

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
affect gun rights:

"[election day was] a very good night for all of us who want to do something to reduce gun violence in America."-statement from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    They also said: quote:"Pistol grips on assault rifles and shotguns help stabilize the weapon during rapid fire and allow the shooter to spray-fire from the hip position. Barrel shrouds on assault pistols protect the shooter's hands from the heat generated by firing many rounds in rapid succession. Far from being simply "cosmetic," these features all contribute to the unique function of any assault weapon to deliver extraordinary firepower. They are uniquely military features, with no sporting purpose whatever."
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over what these knuckleheads had to say.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I would hardly expect her to say that since no candidate even mentioned gun control during the campaigning, we don't expect to ban anything anytime soon.

[:o)]
    Hi, my name is Sarah.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not worried because I own no guns or ammunition. I pity those that do. With the chess tournaments that I compete in, I have no time for those dangerous, evil, pointless wastes of metal and plastic that you call "Guns".
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    They also said: quote:"Pistol grips on assault rifles and shotguns help stabilize the weapon during rapid fire and allow the shooter to spray-fire from the hip position. Barrel shrouds on assault pistols protect the shooter's hands from the heat generated by firing many rounds in rapid succession. Far from being simply "cosmetic," these features all contribute to the unique function of any assault weapon to deliver extraordinary firepower. They are uniquely military features, with no sporting purpose whatever."
    I would if you want to keep your guns!

Talk like that effects what the uninformed public thinks.

We need to have the pro=gun groups speaking out and letting the public know that these features are not what the anti-gunners are saying they are.

If the genral public starts believing what the anti-gunners are saying it only makes it easier for the democrates to take our guns from us.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    "Talk like that effects affects what the uninformed public thinks".
  • Options
    warriorsfanwarriorsfan Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    I would if you want to keep your guns!

Talk like that effects what the uninformed public thinks.

We need to have the pro=gun groups speaking out and letting the public know that these features are not what the anti-gunners are saying they are.

If the genral public starts believing what the anti-gunners are saying it only makes it easier for the democrates to take our guns from us.

I doubt more than 5 or 6 people actually read that Brady Campaign Press release. In fact, I doubt more than 10% of Americans even know what the Brady Campaign is.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslovers
    I'm not worried because I own no guns or ammunition. I pity those that do. With the chess tournaments that I compete in, I have no time for those dangerous, evil, pointless wastes of metal and plastic that you call "Guns".
    I know. Only losers own guns. Something about BallPark Frank envy and all.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Is there any particular reason we should feel safe when MAJOR supporters of the Democratic party believe the above is the gospel truth (in a secular sort of way??)

Knuckleheads they may well be but they are also marching in lock goose step with most Democratic party planks, platforms and policies.

That makes these knuckleheads rather dangerous to gun owners.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

did you think that way before they got the Brady Bill passed?
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    Worry only when they stop arguing with you as it probably means they've already won. In the meantime, and for gun owners' benefit, just keep on arguing with them. [;)]
  • Options
    Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bunch of bull crap.