In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buying AR15 Help:))

policy29janpolicy29jan Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Curious if anyone knows...I want to go to a Las Vegas gun show and pick up a coltAR15 and wanted to know if the vendors just take $$$$$ or do they need to see ID and do some sort of check? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Individuals may buy and sell firearms as long as both are residents of the state where the trade is taking place...with a few exceptions. I understand there are some states where this may be illegal.
    Don't know about yours.

Buying from a FFL dealer will involve a NICS check..every gun, every time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok...so I will have to show ID and give them my name? I was under the understanding that is was cash and carry.....thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a better question...are there folks at gun shows that sell guns that are not a "FFL Dealer"....I would not have to show them ID?

Buying from a FFL dealer will involve a NICS check..every gun, every time.
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long gun purchases can be made out of state, cash and carry after NICs check. I am a resident of NJ and have purchased long guns in PA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The jack-booted thugs have put the fear of prison in most individuals today...most will ask to see your I.D.

Otherwise....cash talks.

As stated...any buys from an FFL WILL REQUIRE a NICS check...anywhere, anytime.
    That fact alone is why I always recommend that NOBODY buy from an FFL...EVER.
    The only proviso to that is...if your are trotting down and getting a CCW...YOU BETTER buy your carry piece from an FFL.

Rather ironic thing...folks from the NRA to the president still refer to America as " A Free Country".....
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This whole topic sounds like a bait job...

Anyway, speaking as a Nevada resident... you may perform a private party transaction of a long gun at a gun show if both parties are residents of the State of Nevada. I'm not certain if there are restrictions on handguns, those may require an FFL transfer. There IS liability involved. If the seller sells the firearm to a felon, or a non-resident, then there could be some possible legal repurcussions. There are some residents of other states that Nevada dealers can sell firearms to, such as Idaho, Utah, and perhaps Arizona. However these transactions must be performed by an FFL and will include the appropriate NICS check.

If you are a California resident, you may not purchase a firearm, private party or otherwise, from anyone who is not a licensed firearm dealer in California. You may conduct a transaction with an out-of-state party, but the firearm must be transfered through a California dealer before you take possession of it. All California restrictions, background checks, and waiting periods, will apply.

I am speaking as purely a layperson. The above is considered my personal opinion and I assume no liability, legal or otherwise, for any ramifications from actions that may be construed from the above statements.

Have a nice day.

-Wolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    WW;
    Yup. [:D]

[:D]
  • Options
    gstaup225gstaup225 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its an assault rifle- theres gonna be a background check.
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing Bill Clinton ever said worth while was " don't ask don't tell"[8D]

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.