In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Haven CT. Gun "buy back" to begin soon

Mike MizzMike Mizz Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
Just recently because of all the "gun violence" not "gang related", ot what it all boils down to: "people violence". Because the legislators who have never fired a gun, are spoon fed, media fueled stories glamorized by "semi-automatic weapons" more people are killed in murder, spouse related with kitchen knives, and hammers, than with what the ultra left antigun people call "assault weapons".
I say a gun is a tool, to be used for a specific purpose.
A car isa tool, it transports to from point "A" to point "B". Now, I don't tell you how many cars to own, do I? If you drink in your $200,000 car, you're in the possesion and using with intent to kill, a 3,000 lb weapon. No poop huh? Really.
People kill people, gun is a piece of metal, a tool.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Oh yes the point of all that. the new haven Cionnecticut can bring in their weapons to designated "drop off spots" and are given a $100 credit to a grocery store. Now I saw a quick picture of some of these "bringback" (makes me sick "bringback") guns, saw a REAL FAL, some very nice guns. But the whole sneaky way "they" want to disarm the people is so covert and sneaky....be aware
  • Options
    ScharfSchutzeScharfSchutze Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did the same thing up here in PA a week or so back, and yeah, I hope they didn't just trash those weapons, a lot of them where antiques! worth a lot more that $100, and yeah, i don't know if i like the whole sneaky way they are doing this.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the localities here in VA had a "buyback" a coupla years back. (How can you "buy back" what was not yours in the first place?) They announced plans to destroy all firearms picked up in the program. Bless them, the VA State Police stepped in, and said not until they are checked on the stolen list- any that are stolen WILL be returned to the owner. And yes, criminals are NOT going to get rid of a piece- unless they want a safe way to ditch a stolen weapon. What a crock!
  • Options
    RobatHrlyRobatHrly Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I hear about this program I may go down there and if I see any nice guns I will offer $110.00 for it.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It seems to me at least IMHO, that these small town "gun buybacks" have their roots a lot deeper than town politics. Sounds like a small scale plan to see what happens when the "sheeple" of society are given a chance to participate in such a blatantly anti-gun agenda. Seems to me the big fish who are "holding the strings" like in a puppet show, are watching these programs with more than just passing interest. Hmmmmmmmm......now, tell me if I am going over the top, but over in Iraq, our Government is seeing a civil war. If the CIVILians didn't have guns, there wouldn't be a CIVIL war, it would just be another "revolt" to be put down INSTANTLY by a all powerful government sanctioned "police".
    Someone please tell me I am thinking too much.
    Mike
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Someone please tell me I am thinking too much.
    Mike
    Would love to do so. Sorry, tho...I cannot oblige you.

Remember one fact. Goverments have one function, when all is said and done......
    Grow ever bigger...take more and more away from citizens to do so.

Simple...once you get past the B.S.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    On 2 occasions, in cities I will not name, I attended "buybacks" with the express intent of buying great guns at greater prices. I was successful on both occasions yielding at least a tenfold return on my investment (if I chose to sell)and keeping some very nice things from being destroyed.

Buy from little old ladies and men 40 or older and appearing to be of good disposition. Those who look law abiding