In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kansas Laws/Non-resident sales?

nicholas.k.dallnicholas.k.dall Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Just need an answer. Heading back to Iraq for another go round. I've got a gun on order through a local dealer....been on order for a while. I'm trying to get my old man to pick it up in a month or two when it comes in.

Bottom line...

Can I get someone (father) from out of state to pick up the rifle for me? Then transport it to Minnesota? Not to sure on the laws..local law enforcement can't give me a straight answer.

If anyone can give me anything I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I suggest that you post this over on General. There are several dealers over there that do not frequent this particular forum..they may never see your post.

Over here, the general answer might be along the lines of.." Why not.."..that being the answer a free man in a free country would give.

Since we are not free men in a free country...I do not have an answer for you.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nicholas.k.dall
    Just need an answer. Heading back to Iraq for another go round. I've got a gun on order through a local dealer....been on order for a while. I'm trying to get my old man to pick it up in a month or two when it comes in.

Bottom line...

Can I get someone (father) from out of state to pick up the rifle for me? Then transport it to Minnesota? Not to sure on the laws..local law enforcement can't give me a straight answer.

If anyone can give me anything I'd appreciate it.

Why not just ask the dealer you are making the purchase from? Usually a person can purchase a long gun in a state that ajoins his home state. But I have my doubts about anyone but the purchaser (you) actually being the one to compelete the paperwork and actually take possession of the firearm. As Highball said, post your question over on the Experts forum or as I said check with your FFL dealer.

Good luck in Iraq. Me and millions of others appreciate and respect you for what you are, where you are going and what you are doing. Come home safely.