In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mo Town Madman...

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
Ted Nugent !!!
Friend of mine called me up a few moments ago...telling me about watching Nugent holding up a tricked out assault rifle and proclaiming to the world that ANYONE not supporting these types of weapons was really American...
That these ARE the 'arms' demanded by the Founders....and futhermore, people that called for restrictions on 'Saturday Night Specials' was just more of the same Anti-American tripe...

He asked that EVERYBODY get themselves out and buy a gun and learn how to use it...NOW.....

Nice to have a few out there that actually UNDERSTAND the Second Amendment...

Madman ? Wish we had 200 million just like him.

Comments

• WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But Highball, he IS an NRA Boardmember!

[:D]

I will say, during the unfortunate Kevin Redrick situation, the Nuge's "representative" was the only one to actually contact me. He said he was passing word on to the boss, but alas, the Nuge himself never responded.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    That, friend, is the only fly in the ointment.

However...I HOPE he is doing as friend Fox advocates...and trying to change that failing organization from the inside out...[:D]
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that everyone who is financially able should own and practice with at least one rifle with a mag capacity of 10 rounds or more. The day WILL come when those of us so prepared will toe the line to uphold the Constitution.
    edited November -1
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    I think that everyone who is financially able should own and practice with at least one rifle with a mag capacity of 10 rounds or more. The day WILL come when those of us so prepared will toe the line to uphold the Constitution.

With the exception of HIghball, perhaps Mobuck and a few others here, if gun owners won't fight the political fight how can we think they will fight the shooting fight?
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr, nobody can expect anybody to fight a shooting fight. However, I think there would be that vital 3% as highball talks about if there were hundreds of Wacos and Ruby Ridges going on in a short time.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    tr, nobody can expect anybody to fight a shooting fight. However, I think there would be that vital 3% as highball talks about if there were hundreds of Wacos and Ruby Ridges going on in a short time.

Just as with my job, those co-wokers who are not there with me when things are easy, are certainly the ones who will not be there with me when things are hard.

Life is always like that.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

Madman ? Wish we had 200 million just like him.

I wish he'd crawl back under the rock he came from....
    edited November -1
    quote:I wish he'd crawl back under the rock he came from....
    Spoken like a true anti-gunner.
    We would prefer a suited, 1000 buck Gucci shoed empty headed numb-nuts like Hesston holding up a 200 year old single shot...and telling the world that 'No American citizen needs an assualt rifle'...to perserve the Second Amendment.

Thusly, we have 20,000 ++++ gun laws.

By and large, those gun-owners objecting to nugent are the anti-gunners that I claim weaken the entire structure of America..willing to trade off their (and MINE) freedoms for a preceived measure of security from Big Brother.
    These poor souls are unwilling...or afraid..to secure their immediate area for themselves and their loved ones..prefering instead to rely upon paid mercenaries and more 'laws' to protect themselves from the goblins that roam the streets.
    edited November -1
    Highball: If refusing to look up to a draft-dodging, pedophile makes me an "anti-gunner" in your book, fine.....

You remind me of the many feminists who have supported male political leaders because they were "good on abortion" irregardless of that same man's private conduct towards women. Plain and simple, Nugent is all talk and no walk, unless that "walk" involves sh***ing himself to get out of a certain obligation.

Pathetic......
    edited November -1
    quote:Highball: If refusing to look up to a draft-dodging, pedophile makes me an "anti-gunner" in your book, fine.....Well,well, well..and here the NRA has him on the Board of Directors....one more strike against THEM......

Naturally, I believe YOU...after all, what a war hero you must be...so quuick to condemn a man that perhaps didn't see in the Constitution ANYWHERE the power for overseas adventurism...by power-mad money hungry slime-bags..ordering Americans about as their personal strike forces...
    edited November -1

Naturally, I believe YOU...after all, what a war hero you must be...so quuick to condemn a man that perhaps didn't see in the Constitution ANYWHERE the power for overseas adventurism...by power-mad money hungry slime-bags..ordering Americans about as their personal strike forces...

I invite you to find a single sentence I've posted on GB regarding my "war hero" status. If your throwing that around I assume you must have seen me comment on my bravery, at least once........

I have mentioned I'm an infantry veteran.

Back to Nugent: Highball, you can do better than this. To assume that Nugent dodged Vietnam for constitutional reasons is high comedy. Nugent himself said he didn't go because he "didn't want to get my * shot off". I can cite that quote if you'd like...Of course he also used the standard I'm too bad-* for the military "I would kill everybody" line that I hear so often from cowards.

Nugent doesn't seem to have constitutional issues with the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan, either. He even brags about "manning a .50 cal on a Chinook helicopter" while in Afganistan.

I've scraped things more valuble than Nugent off the bottom of my boot....
    edited November -1
    Let us neglect the subject of Nugent for the moment..if you please. You are indeed quoting things I am not aware of.

However....let us address the direct quote..." Either you support the Right of the American citizen to own an assqault weapon...or you are not an American"....given the Devil his due...as in, telling the truth now and again...do you or do you NOT agree with that statement ?

Nugent, again....if you indeed can verify what you say about him....well, then.....I certainly will rethink my stand on Nugent. That ain't my cup of tea....at all.
    edited November -1

However....let us address the direct quote..." Either you support the Right of the American citizen to own an assqault weapon...or you are not an American"....given the Devil his due...as in, telling the truth now and again...do you or do you NOT agree with that statement ?

I support the right of every free american to own any firearm they desire, "assault weapon" (I can feel TrFox cringing) or not. In fact, I consider it a duty as a citizen to be proficient with U.S. standard small arms. The NRA was founded for just that purpose, I believe it would do well to return to its roots.
    edited November -1
    Highball: Last time I posted links to sources about Nugent's behavior the thread was quickly poofed.

When I asked why those links were quickly deleted, that thread disappeared also.

In any case, I'll see if I can dig 'em up again...but it may take a bit. If it happens to disappear again, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll provide them
    edited November -1
    From Wikipedia (granted not the most reliable nor unbiased source):

"Nugent was draft age during the Vietnam war. In the December 15, 1990 issue of the Detroit Free Press Magazine, Nugent was quoted as saying that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. "... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody." In a 2006 interview published in The Independent, Nugent denies ever saying (or doing) that. According to Nugent's current website, he enrolled at Oakland Community College and took a student deferment."
    edited November -1
    If you'll pardon me, these links are in no particular order...I paste them as I read.

From his bio on artistopia
    http://www.artistopia.com/ted-nugent

In an interview for the Detroit Free Press (July 15, 1990), Nugent described how he avoided the draft: He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with excrement and stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. His quote: "but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody."

Here's some stuff from Nugent's own website
    http://www.tednugent.com/news/offhisrocker.shtml

"I had a 1Y [student deferment]. I enrolled at Oakland Community College."

"I did not want to get my * blown off in Vietnam."

"I wish I'd understood how important America's fight against our enemies was. But did I go to Fallujah two years ago? Damn right I did. And was I in Afghanistan, manning a 50-calibre machine gun in a Chinook - ready to rock? Yes. Was I there for years? No. A couple of weeks. But I am not a coward."

He married his first wife Sandy when both were 22. They had two children, Sasha and Toby. Sandy divorced him seven years later, accusing him of "bizarre sexual practices". She also alleged he defecated in paper cups.

Here is appearently how Nugent percieves things. Honestly, I think it speaks for itself

nugent_ted.jpg
    edited November -1
    Very well, High Volume....I withdraw my ill-considered comments concerning you. I did not do my research.

My humblest apologies.

Your stated stand concerning the Second Amendment mirrors my own...and your stand about Nugent concerns the man. Well done.

Lesson learned...I hope. One never gets too old to make mistakes.
    edited November -1
    Let's see....I've extracted an apology from Highball in the Gun Rights forum and an apology from EMM in the politics forum.

I wonder if I'm the first person to accomplish both tasks? [:D][:D]

In all seriousness, I was an avid supporter of Nugent until recently. I had heard many rumors about his conduct, but blew it off as liberal mud-raking. I decided to see for myself. I was bitterly disappointed.
    edited November -1
    Possibly;
    It takes courage to admit a mistake. Far easier to bluster and blow and hope everybody forgets about it..but they don't...and shouldn't ignore those that cannot admit such.

Herd me into a corner..of my own making...and I eat crow. It tastes nasty.....just remember.....
    I have absolutely no problem infuriating anti-gunners...even if they own guns. I try really hard to get along with pro-Second Amendment supporters..there are so few of us, you know....
    edited November -1
    Very true.

I would like to mention that your arguements (among others) have opened my eyes greatly since I joined the forum a couple years ago. I'm happy that I could pass along some knowledge to you.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am PROUD to be part of this forum. Elsewhere this thread may have been locked, or poofed. (wasn't sure myself, there for a while [;)])

A "civil" discussion (well mostly) between men that have the honesty of conviction, the intelligence to question, the fortitude to look up and provide facts, along with the wisdom to change their stance on an issue. It just doesn't get any better than that. THANKS guys.
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HighVolumeofFire, how is Ted Nugent a pedophile?

If he were, wouldn't the media have a field talking about "that NRA board member pedophile?"
    edited November -1

Those allegations are harder to pin down, likely true IMO, but not "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Nugent admits to partaking in what can only be described as backstage orgies, its not much of a stretch to assume that many of those girls were underage. He did impregnate a teenaged girl, but I never could find out how old he was when it happened.

Courtney Love (not the most reliable figure, IMO) claims to have performed oral sex on Nugent, who was 28 at the time, when she was 14.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HighVolumeOfFire

Those allegations are harder to pin down, likely true IMO, but not "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Nugent admits to partaking in what can only be described as backstage orgies, its not much of a stretch to assume that many of those girls were underage. He did impregnate a teenaged girl, but I never could find out how old he was when it happened.

Courtney Love (not the most reliable figure, IMO) claims to have performed oral sex on Nugent, who was 28 at the time, when she was 14.

Geez! Courtney Love! Man, that would be one of the instantes where you would want to, but would be afraid to look down.
    edited November -1
    Sorry to interrupt this love fest, but let's not lose sight of the message behind the messenger. Despite Nugent's questionable past, he IS right in what he says regarding the RTKBA.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    Sorry to interrupt this love fest, but let's not lose sight of the message behind the messenger. Despite Nugent's questionable past, he IS right in what he says regarding the RTKBA.

Well, yeah, you are right there.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf

If Satan himself appeared at the next NRA convention and declared his support for the second ammendment, I'd agree with him.

That doesn't mean I'd follow his lead......

Nugent is welcome to whatever beliefs he wants, as long as he isn't hurting anyone else. My opinion is that looking to him as a leader of our movement is a grave mistake.
  • mark308mark308 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    nugent like many did some things in there youth im sure he's not proud of. after my tour overseas I couldnt remember the dumb ideals I had for joining the army. what I have seen from him the last ten yrs matters more to me than if he pooped his pants[:I] to get out of the army. I dont see a certain draft dodger or his wife stanging up for my rights. He may not speak like charlton heston, but who can.