In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HR 1096 The 2nd Amend. Protection Act

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
quote:Congressman Ron Paul of Texas just a few weeks ago introduced a measure which would, among other things, repeal provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and the federal criminal code distinguishing firearms used or suitable for sporting purposes from firearms generally.

The Paul bill would do much to eliminate the "sporting purpose" rationale from the equation and restore the right to self-defense rationale to its rightful place.

Titled the Second Amendment Protection Act of 2007, the bill, H.R. 1096, has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee and in addition to the House Committee on Ways and Means, for a period to be determined subsequently by the Speaker of the House, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

Sounds good to me.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Snowball's chance in hell" comes to mind....

Gotta love Ron Paul though....
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A step in the right direction.

Ron Paul for Prez........[:)]
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

I believe that Ron Paul has a presidential exploratory committee. I plan on voting for him in the primary next year.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

I believe that Ron Paul has a presidential exploratory committee. I plan on voting for him in the primary next year.

So do I...
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah. It seems as if Ron Paul is one of the only acceptable candidates running. Wouldn't vote for Hitlery Rotten Klinton, Barak Osama, Rudy Giulani, John McKain, etc. As far as '08 goes, the only acceptable candidates in the running are Ron Paul and Senator Brownback. I like Ron Paul's A+ GOA rating better than Brownback's B rating.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way things are going now; it stands to meet the same fate as its predecessor, H.R. 1703 (109th). A slow, lonely death in committee.
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I hope it goes through and that HR1022 dies in commitee