In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

seller supplied ss# In Missouri ????

vavsovavso Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I am a new yorker who sold a gun to a dealer in Missouri do I have to supply my social security # to him i am concerned about giving it out thanks charles

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never heard of that required for selling a gun. Even when BUYING a firearm, your SS# is OPTIONAL on the form 4473.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You sold a gun, and he wants your SS#?
    That is a new one on me too.

Like WoundedWolf said, the SS# on form 4473 (the form for buying a gun) is ALWAYS optional, NOT mandatory.
  • Options
    jnmiller75jnmiller75 Member Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have never heard of a recieving dealer wanting a SS#.

I assume you are a unlicensed individual and sent a photocopy of your drivers license with the gun. If it was me, I would tell him he has all the info he needs, and not supply my SS#.
  • Options
    Richard47Richard47 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He may need your ss# to report your income to the IRS, and claim his deduction.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've helped out friends that own gun shops fpr years, never heard anything like that before. I wouldn't give it out.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't the FDR liberals claim that the SSN would NEVER be used for identification purposes? Typical liberal lie.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Dsmith;
    Remember, please..that the Republicans have been in power and could have STOPPED this sort of privacy invasions ANYTIME THEY WANTED TO...AL poiticians are after the same results....
    More power to THEM...and less to YOU.

They purely love it when we in flyover country point fingers at each other..."You are a Democrat...You are a Republican"...arguing pointlessly as the crooks steal the cookie jar....
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell him to go pound sand.

Smitty
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Dsmith;
    Remember, please..that the Republicans have been in power and could have STOPPED this sort of privacy invasions ANYTIME THEY WANTED TO...AL poiticians are after the same results....
    More power to THEM...and less to YOU.

They purely love it when we in flyover country point fingers at each other..."You are a Democrat...You are a Republican"...arguing pointlessly as the crooks steal the cookie jar....

You are of course right here. They all want more power.