In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun rights

hooyamanhooyaman Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
I am a new person when it comes to gun ownership.

Ive always been fascinated by guns, always wanted to have them. I am 18 so my life is young. I have a Mossberg 640T 22 Mag, About to buy a Benelli Super Nova and will buy a Black rifle in the near future as well as plenty of other guns as i get older.

I want to join an organization that will fight for my gun rights and will try to preserve the 2nd amendment. The first org that comes to mind is the NRA but i wanted to ask you guys if there are anymore or better organizations that i could look into.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    san a convicted felon's wife own guns in the same home? without being in jeapordy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted everyone to know that if you let law inforcement push you around on your 2nd ammendment rights you will lose them down the road. So if any of you all go to your local sherrif's dept and apply for a permit, and they dont give you an application and take your money to apply and then tell you to come back in a few days, they are screwing with you and you should demand to fill out the application right then. If they continue to say thats not the way they conduct business...Call your lawyer[/b], and take them to court. Unless they accept the application, they can jerk you around for ever. They have seven days after the application is submitted to either grant the permit or deny the permit. If they deny your permit they have to give you a written statement saying why they denied the permit. Then if the reason isnt within the guidlines you can take them to court and sue them. Pleas fight for what is rightfully yours and dont let anybody take your gunrights away without a fight. Its the only right we have left.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If convicted on a domestic assault charge, is there any way to get your gun rights back?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You only have the ones "They" let you have.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What state are you in?
    Different states have different procedures.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    What state are you in?
    Different states have different procedures.

The point i was trying to make was that the 2nd ammendment reserves your right to bare arms and if you are having trouble purchasing a firearm, you need to fight it, no matter what the cost. If you have questions about your state laws, go to google and type in your states procedures on purchasing a handgun, rifle or shotgun. This is public information for all states. type in gun laws for IL, MO, ID, CA, ect. Dont let them meanies take our guns!! go to www.gunowners.org and keep up to date on all antigun bills. they will send you an e-mail to keep you updated.
    thanks for responding
    hooyaman
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hooyaman, you are very vague in your statements and I fear you may be spreading misinformation. I think pickenup may have the same concern.

When you say, "They have seven days after the application is submitted to either grant the permit or deny the permit", what kind of "permit" are you referring to? A CCW? Are you just talking about buying a gun in general? This is where your locality is very important, as laws are different from state to state and even between cities or counties.

For example, California has a 10-day waiting period for a firearm purchase. They can deny your purchase at any time during those 10 days. In Nevada, where I live, it can take up to 120 days to get your CCW permit once you submit the application. They are under no obligation to contact you either way before that 120 day period is up. They can even wait the full four months to "process" your application and then tell you that you were rejected. Some states are not "shall issue" when it comes to CCW permits and aren't required to give you any reason at all why they rejected your application.

I agree with you that if someone genuinely believes they are a victim of police harassment then by all means they should contact a lawyer. But you have to be very careful when speaking in generalities. What you say may be correct in certain places (can you tell us where?), but may not be applicable in other places.

-WoundedWolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this is why our government is going to disarm america. Sorry to have to tell you this, but if you arent smart enough to check the gun laws in your state b4 you apply to buy a gun our conceal a gun, then you arent going to know if you are getting the runaround. Just keep on thinking that the right to bare arms is a privlege, not a god given right. There will be nothing else to do but cry when your right to own a firearm larger than a 22 becomes a story you tell your grand kids. But b sure you tell them that tell them that you gave up your rights for the children, since it will b partly your falt for not knowing the constitution and not writing your congressman and trying to get others to write their congressman when you fear your rights are being violated. so instead of telling me that im giving out false information, you need to ask yourself if by some chance you may need to do a little more research on the 2nd ammendment. It takes money, time and a little effort to get what you want. leave out any of these things and you will end up in failure. what people need to do is wake up. but if you dont care, then you might be the one who dont have the means to protect yourself or your family when merphy knocks on your door. There is an old saying that has great meaning. ( you screw me once, shame on you. you screw me twice shame on me..) Good luck with your reasoning, but they will take my guns from my cold dead hands.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hooyaman: I'll think you'll find that in this forum you are basically preaching to the choir.

90% of the posters on GD won't even look at this forum because it is "too extreme".
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Hooya;
    I strongly suggest you trundle on over to General discussion and post your knowledge over there....folks there need the education.

Most of the posters in this forum have moved beyond what you are posting...some of us many years ago.

I also suggest that you take a bit of time and actually READ some of the threads hereabouts....If you give a damn about gun rights...you might learn a thing or two.

By the way..merely becuase you 'check the laws'..and comply...You STILL have already lost your Second Amendment Rights...you are merely crawling faster or slower, depending on weather you 'fight the sherriff' ..or not...(Daddy...Kin I buy a gun)...you know...
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the following quote, your sounding off about getting a permit.
    What kind of permit?
    Seven days???

quote:Originally posted by hooyaman
    Just wanted everyone to know that if you let law inforcement push you around on your 2nd ammendment rights you will lose them down the road. So if any of you all go to your local sherrif's dept and apply for a permit, and they dont give you an application and take your money to apply and then tell you to come back in a few days, they are screwing with you and you should demand to fill out the application right then. If they continue to say thats not the way they conduct business...Call your lawyer, and take them to court. Unless they accept the application, they can jerk you around for ever. They have seven days after the application is submitted to either grant the permit or deny the permit. If they deny your permit they have to give you a written statement saying why they denied the permit. Then if the reason isnt within the guidlines you can take them to court and sue them. Pleas fight for what is rightfully yours and dont let anybody take your gunrights away without a fight. Its the only right we have left.

In this post, you refer to buying a firearm.
    Is a permit required IN YOUR STATE to buy a firearm?
    NO permit required in my state.

The point i was trying to make was that the 2nd ammendment reserves your right to bare arms and if you are having trouble purchasing a firearm, you need to fight it, no matter what the cost. If you have questions about your state laws, go to google and type in your states procedures on purchasing a handgun, rifle or shotgun. This is public information for all states. type in gun laws for IL, MO, ID, CA, ect. Dont let them meanies take our guns!! go to www.gunowners.org and keep up to date on all antigun bills. they will send you an e-mail to keep you updated.
    thanks for responding
    hooyaman

In this post, you insult someone that is TRYING TO HELP you.

this is why our government is going to disarm america. Sorry to have to tell you this, but if you arent smart enough to check the gun laws in your state b4 you apply to buy a gun our conceal a gun, then you arent going to know if you are getting the runaround. Just keep on thinking that the right to bare arms is a privlege, not a god given right. There will be nothing else to do but cry when your right to own a firearm larger than a 22 becomes a story you tell your grand kids. But b sure you tell them that tell them that you gave up your rights for the children, since it will b partly your falt for not knowing the constitution and not writing your congressman and trying to get others to write their congressman when you fear your rights are being violated. so instead of telling me that im giving out false information, you need to ask yourself if by some chance you may need to do a little more research on the 2nd ammendment. It takes money, time and a little effort to get what you want. leave out any of these things and you will end up in failure. what people need to do is wake up. but if you dont care, then you might be the one who dont have the means to protect yourself or your family when merphy knocks on your door. There is an old saying that has great meaning. ( you screw me once, shame on you. you screw me twice shame on me..) Good luck with your reasoning, but they will take my guns from my cold dead hands.
    [/quote]

hooyaman,
    Your new here, which must be taken into consideration, so first, (a reserved) welcome to the forum.

WoundedWolf was just trying to help you. Since you are NOT making yourself clear. As he said. When you refer to an application, a seven day wait, are you talking about a permit to purchase a firearm, or a permit to carry one? It DOES make a difference which state you are in for either one.
    (due to UNconstitutional laws )

You will find the people here to be knowledgeable and helpful. But if your just in here to rant, and insult the members, you will NOT be happy here. Do a little reading. See what has gone on BEFORE you showed up. Some here have been fighting this fight for decades (and loosing I might add) some have just recently joined in the melee.

You sound like someone that has just woke up, so NOW you don't like what you see, you want to shout it out, wake people up. Your angry, outraged that the government has gotten away with what they have. Your NOT the first to come here after having this epiphany, I doubt you'll be the last.

You rant about loosing our gun rights. You think your upset now, wait until you read what other rights have ALREADY been lost.

You say to get mad, and get a lawyer, if they don't accept your application right away.
    I am OUTRAGED that you even have to FILL ONE OUT.
    [:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wow, u all are sure clanish. lol good luck pal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you guys know that we have lost all of our rights, why hasnt anyone said anything about overthrowing our government. Oh, I know.Because u all are scared to die. Our forfathers did it, so can we, but we wont because nobody can stick together anymore.Im not trying to disrespect anyone here, but there is an alternative. Fight them and throw them out. Sorry u all feel u lost, but like i said: FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Second Amendment supporters ARE a bit clannish, I suppose...we represent only about 3% of the population of this country.

Pretty small bunch of people.

Again...PLEASE read down thru some of the posts in this forum before you reveal even MORE the fact that you are here merely to stir...and trust me...we hereabouts are EXPERTS in stirring up the muck that has settled over the peoples of these united states...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you guys know that we have lost all of our rights, why hasnt anyone said anything about overthrowing our government. Oh, I know.Because u all are scared to die. Our forfathers did it, so can we, but we wont because nobody can stick together anymore.Im not trying to disrespect anyone here, but there is an alternative. Fight them and throw them out. Sorry u all feel u lost, but like i said: FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!!

If you are so eager to take on the world, by all means go right ahead...

Yet another keyboard commando.....this place draws 'em like a magnet
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds too much like he's fishing or is the term trolling. not worth the time fellas.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Second Amendment supporters ARE a bit clannish, I suppose...we represent only about 3% of the population of this country.

Pretty small bunch of people.

Again...PLEASE read down thru some of the posts in this forum before you reveal even MORE the fact that you are here merely to stir...and trust me...we hereabouts are EXPERTS in stirring up the muck that has settled over the peoples of these united states...

It's a bit more than that, dude. There are now about 30 million people in this country that own AR-15's or rifles of that nature. I'm not saying every one of them is a minuteman, but they don't own stuff like this without ever thinking what it may be used for in the future.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hooyaman, this whole thread is kinda like bursing into a fallout shelter and yelling, "There is a nuclear war going on out there!"

We know. That is why we are all here. Now close the door and sit down.

First, I suggest that you read the sticky thread:
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=176216

You may especially enjoy this one, it is called WOULD YOU FIGHT?:
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78719

-WoundedWolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is about the worse site i have been on as for as talking with american gun owners. All you had to tell me is (we dont want to hear the b.s.) I get it. sorry i signed up for this site.
    seezya
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stupid is as stupid does....byyyy....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WHAT KIND OF COMUNIST REMARK WAS THAT STUPID. tHATS WHY NOBODY CAN TALK TO YO DUMB *. THIS FORUM DONT NEED CLOSED MINDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU ON HERE AT ALL. aLL YOU CAN DO IS RAMBLE OFF.BECAUSE WHEN YOU PLAY WITH SNAKES, YOU MIGHT GET BIT. LOL,LOL,LOL
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Politely, you were invited to read some of the posts in this forum. One member even gave some links for your consideration.

Obviously...you are too stupid to follow a link...or your reading comprehension is 5 years old.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BECAUSE WHEN YOU PLAY WITH SNAKES, YOU MIGHT GET BIT.

That was quite possibly the lamest attack I've ever seen

"when you play with snakes you might get bit" HAHAHAHAHAHA

You were a pro wrestler in a previous life, weren't you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:It's a bit more than that, dude. There are now about 30 million people in this country that own AR-15's or rifles of that nature. I'm not saying every one of them is a minuteman, but they don't own stuff like this without ever thinking what it may be used for in the future
    I know, Gunphreak;
    Just that History tells us that ony about 3 % actually fought in the War for Independence...in the mud and the blood..
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Never thought about that. Add in the AK's, FAL's, etc. We may be pleasantly surprised at who shows up to the ballgame Highball!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Indeed, CNP;
    But better to plan on a few and get many...then the reverse.

Good to see your smiln' face again !!!