In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Bans

e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
All I hear is Gun ban this and Gun ban that,Just why do you think that those in Washington want to ban Guns?
It's because of people that voted for those idiots.
When they voted the Republicans out of Office People didnt think the Democrats would go after our rights again.But that is their only agenda,They want POWER and the best way to get it is to slowly take our rights from us.
Next election we must get our rights back and get rid of the Liberal Democrats once and for all.

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no particular respect for Democrats, but I can't say the Republicans did much of anything in 6 years to advance our gun rights. I agree the Democrats will actively assault our gun rights, but I have little faith that Republicans will ardently defend them either. There are a handful of Republicans in our Congress that I believe have a true vision of the right to keep and bear arms (Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo, and a very few others).
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    I have no particular respect for Democrats, but I can't say the Republicans did much of anything in 6 years to advance our gun rights. I agree the Democrats will actively assault our gun rights, but I have little faith that Republicans will ardently defend them either. There are a handful of Republicans in our Congress that I believe have a true vision of the right to keep and bear arms (Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo, and a very few others).

Sad to say but basically the only good thing that can be said, at least on a national level, is that during the last 6 years the Republicans didn't go out of their way, like the Democrats have/will do, to harm our gun rights.

Overall, I don't believe either party wants the common citizen to have easy access to guns.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    No..the Republicans didn't ban any guns.

They concentrated on sewing up the escape nets for disidents..massive invasions of privacy, banking,sending tons of money all across the country, incorporating local police into federal police....billions of dollars poured into black ops black boxes....

You guys are going to regret thinking the Repubs were 'more harmless' then the Democrats.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    No..the Republicans didn't ban any guns.

They concentrated on sewing up the escape nets for disidents..massive invasions of privacy, banking,sending tons of money all across the country, incorporating local police into federal police....billions of dollars poured into black ops black boxes....

You guys are going to regret thinking the Repubs were 'more harmless' then the Democrats.

Higball, as much as I hate to say it....in the coming months, 8 years of Dubya may prove to be worth it afterall. A favorable Supreme Court ruling on Parker is now possible thanks to the appointment of Roberts and Alito.....

If the ruling is unfavorable, well......I guess I can start figuring out were to bury stuff
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Higball, as much as I hate to say it....in the coming months, 8 years of Dubya may prove to be worth it afterall. A favorable Supreme Court ruling on Parker is now possible thanks to the appointment of Roberts and Alito.....

If the ruling is unfavorable, well......I guess I can start figuring out were to bury stuff

What is this Parker ruling that you are referring to?
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith

What is this Parker ruling that you are referring to?

DC Circuit court decision striking down the autocratic DC gun ban.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was refering to the "D.C gun ban case" that has caused so much excitement in the several days. We now have a chance to force the Supreme Court to make a ruling on the 2nd Ammendment.

Before Bush, we had three justices we could count on...Renquist, Thomas and Scalia......we now have 4, thanks to Bush's two appointments. If Kerry or Gore had won, we'd likely only have 2 justices we could count on....

In the past I've regretted my two votes for Bush. Now, with a once in a lifetime shot at a real Supreme Court victory, I wonder if maybe it was all worth it
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be nice to see the courts overturn the laws.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Rack Ops;
    I view a Supreme Court decision as a win.

Either way they decide..it is a win.

Fact is...a decision of 'collective rights' might just be the best case scnerio.

Why would I say something like that ? Simple....
    The corruption is entrenched so very deeply into America, fire and sword may be the only way to beat it.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

+1
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rack Ops;
    I view a Supreme Court decision as a win.

Either way they decide..it is a win.

Fact is...a decision of 'collective rights' might just be the best case scnerio.

Why would I say something like that ? Simple....
    The corruption is entrenched so very deeply into America, fire and sword may be the only way to beat it.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! a win either way. IF it goes against us the it's full steam ahead getting our country back. If it goes for us then we're dancing in the streets. [:D]
  • Options
    whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was refering to the "D.C gun ban case" that has caused so much excitement in the several days. We now have a chance to force the Supreme Court to make a ruling on the 2nd Ammendment.

Before Bush, we had three justices we could count on...Renquist, Thomas and Scalia......we now have 4, thanks to Bush's two appointments. If Kerry or Gore had won, we'd likely only have 2 justices we could count on....

In the past I've regretted my two votes for Bush. Now, with a once in a lifetime shot at a real Supreme Court victory, I wonder if maybe it was all worth it

Even though my youngest son is deploying to Iraq April 1st,(this is the third time) HE doesn't regret voting for Bush. Anybody that thinks Bush has been 100% bad for our country should consider what John Kerry would have been like.
    Our service men and women believe in what they're doing, despite what the liberal media would have you think.
    God Bless America and those who fight for our right to have discussions like this.
    Whompuss
    (young to the forums but old and grey in years)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Godspeed to your son....

I've got a deployment to Iraq under my belt too....If he needs anything, be sure to let us know