In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

n.j. mag extension question?ANSWERED

TARGETHUNTER SSTTARGETHUNTER SST Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
hi,ican,t seem to get an answer,even officers i,ve asked don,t really seem to know they all said 5rnds.the question is how many rounds can a pump shotgun legally hold in the state of new jersey?i,m suprised the answer wasn,t 1!thanks for any help.
[:D]

Comments

• big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ASK YOUR LOCAL NRA MEMBER REP., IF YOUR A MEMBER OF THE NRA , FULL TIME FFL HOLDING SHOP, AND YOUR STATE OR LOCAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY AS A LAST RESORT
  • tombiasitombiasi Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As with everything else regarding guns in NJ the law is ambiguous.
    5 rounds with a pistol grip and/or extended magazine could be classified as an assult weapon. I have see six rounds mentioned in other law and three rounds while engaged in hunting.
    contact a lawyer familiar with NJ gun law.

Tom
  • TARGETHUNTER SSTTARGETHUNTER SST Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for your helpi,ll ask.i have resd over n.j. gun laws numerous times and it appears that assault rifle rules are limited to semi-autos only? thanks again
  • tombiasitombiasi Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read a little more carefully if you really want to confuse yourself.
    Assault weapon status can be applied to revolvers that hold more than six rounds and BB guns that can hold more than six BBs if you consider that the fermented also meet other qualifying conditions
    such as pistol grip and discharge with each pull of the trigger.
    Don't get a headache, you won't find consistency or logic.

Tom
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad I still live in one of the relatively "free" states. Only problem where I live is federal law.
  • TARGETHUNTER SSTTARGETHUNTER SST Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I just got off the phone with njsp and was told extended magazines and pistol grips are fine on a pump shotgun.As long as the barrel is at least 18" and overall is more than 26" a pump shotgun is not an assault weapon.