In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Report of an ANTI GUN BUSINESS

BellshiregunsBellshireguns Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
Hello All.. This is just a note to anyone who shop's or has an H.G. Hill grocery store in there area. These folks are Anti-gun. My 17 y.o. daughter and I were attempting to do our typical shopping at the local Hills grocery store when approached by there Rent a cop and the store manager. The wannabe police officer attempted to search me and proceeded to tell me that I was not welcome in the store with my firearm. The firearm ( H&K Compact nine ) was completely concealed and not easily visible , but rent a cop attempted to feel me over for my pistol. I stepped away and warned him not to place his hands on me, then advised him that if he wanted to search me he had better get a real cop or a search warrant. He then accused me of being a shoplifter. Funny thing was I had just walked about 25 feet into the store and had just grabbed a shopping cart. What caused him to gain my attention was beyond me. This WAS and I say WAS my neighborhood grocery store. After a few words no curse words )I left the store with Rent a cop in tow, still wanting to disarm me. Once outside and attempting to leave, rent a cop blocked my path as if he was going to attempt an arrest. Again I warned him not to attempt to place his hands on me or I would be forced to defend my self. Fortunately he must have felt intimidated and stepped aside. Just a note that ther are some real anti gun idiots out there. The guy didn't even ask if I had a carry permit.. So how about lets show him how much business he can miss from people who like guns..Boycott H.G. Hill's Grocery's..

Comments

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I had one in my area to boycott. [:D]
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    I'm assuming that your weapon, in fact, completely concealed.

You should press charges against the Rent-A-Cop for technically assaulting you if he tried to detain you or pat you down. That will send a clear and succinct message to the store and to the security service.

No one other than a real LEO has the right to approach you in that manner, let alone pat you down without probable cause.

Go after the guard and the store in a lawsuit. I don't think he'd try to pat down a Muslim woman covered head-to-toe in a burka. And she might be carrying as well.
  • Options
    purectypurecty Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i object to the term rent-a cop- or guard. we are security officers as our title says. we pay for that i.d., and given schooling on such. we can not in the state of va, as a unarmed security officer arrest you or search you, or ATTEMPT TO DIS-ARM YOU. how ever as an armed officer we have the authority to do both. please dont judge us all by your bad confrontation with one. we have a job to do and you should respect the ones that have the ability to perform their duties as should be, i wholeheartly agree with your decision with him and the store. i wou;d definitely take action if needed. it may not be the best paying job as some of you may have, but at least we work, we deserve the same respect as you in life, also we must give the same too ty kindly.
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by purecty
    i object to the term rent-a cop- or guard. we are security officers as our title says. we pay for that i.d., and given schooling on such. we can not in the state of va, as a unarmed security officer arrest you or search you, or ATTEMPT TO DIS-ARM YOU. how ever as an armed officer we have the authority to do both. please dont judge us all by your bad confrontation with one. we have a job to do and you should respect the ones that have the ability to perform their duties as should be, i wholeheartly agree with your decision with him and the store. i wou;d definitely take action if needed. it may not be the best paying job as some of you may have, but at least we work, we deserve the same respect as you in life, also we must give the same too ty kindly.

Welcome to GB purecty! Hope you enjoy it here. FWIW, don't get too upset by some of the references here. I don't believe that anyone - including myself - is assailing the profession here - just the behavior of this one misguided, gung ho individual in a store as it pertains to the 2nd Amendment and also the 4th Amendment that states:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Society is chock full of misguided gung ho LEO's, judges, lawyers, doctors, CEO's, high school principals, HOA board members, soccer mommies, loud-mouthed neighbors, church committee members, and people in general. Generally, any hint of authority can sometimes prompt such overbearing behavior in certain individuals. Hopefully, the security guard in question will check his ego and quickly learn how to deal with the public.

No one, at least not me, is criticizing your career choice or your working for a living and paying taxes.

And FWIW, if you seek political correctness, then this is probably not the venue for it as GB members do tend to speak their minds and tell it like it is. If you stay, you'll find that the folks here are really terrific - family if you will.

Hope you post often.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Slow Hand posted; quote:loud-mouthed neighbors
    That would be me....[:D]

Welcome aboard, Bellshire, Purecty..and try really hard not to post about being FOR gun control in this area, please...it [:0]upsets the natives...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sgreed. i wasnt exactly upset, its folks like the security officer u had a run in with. i wiuld love to see him reprimended. best to all of you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sheesh, i can spell better than that. my letters moved i think. lol
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First, a welcome to both of you to the forum.

Second, don't have any of those stores around here. If it is a chain, there is someone higher up to write to than the store manager. I would.

Third, your carry gun must NOT be as "concealed" as you THINK it is.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    So...how did the guard know you had a pistol, IF it was concealed? Did he have prior knowledge? Was he a psychic? X-ray vision?

I can't help but believe that the pistol wasn't well concealed in order for this confrontation to happen.

That said, I will also say this: No security guard, armed or unarmed, is going to disarm me. Ever. I will leave the property he is contracted to guard, but I won't be disarmed by anyone not licensed to enforce the law. If a feller wants to reach for my gun, he had better be quick. If I get to it first, both of us will be really sorry. It has to do with training, and my response would be instinctive.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nunn,
    Are you lost?
    Did you know your posting in the "Gun Rights and Constitutional Law" forum?
    [:0][:o)][;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by purecty

Strange, you claim to be a Security Officer but, in your forum info, list your occupation as "none."[:0][?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry about occupation listing, but yes i am employed in the state of va. i meant no disrespect to any one, just stating my opinion. also in the state of va. if you are an armed security officer, you also have arresting rights if allowed by your employer. im sure different states have different laws. ty