In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Roanoke Times Article

Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
I am speechless. When I read this my blood boiled. You'll just have to read this yourself.

Gun Owners Irked By Newspaper Database Ploy: March 13, 2007

(Editor's note: The Roanoke Times on Monday night removed the online database of registered concealed handgun permit holders from its website until the Virginia State Police, which provided the information, can "verify" the data. "When we posted the information, we had every reason to believe that the data the State Police had supplied would comply with the statutes. But people have notified us that the list includes names that should not have been released," Debbie Meade, president and publisher of The Roanoke Times, wrote on the newspaper's website. "Out of a sense of caution and concern for the public we have decided to take the database off of our website.")

http://www.cnsnews.com:80/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200703/NAT20070313b.html

Comments

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of why I boycott the MSM. Truly sad. [:(!]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    "Out of a sense of caution and concern for the public we have decided to take the database off of our website."
    How about, "Out of a sense of caution and concern for the public"
    You should have NEVER PUT IT ON your website. [:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is OUTRAGEOUS!

You can place comments to the specific article here:
    http://blogs.roanoke.com/roundtable/columns/comment_on_trejbals_column_12.html

I just sent the "Roanoke Times" my comments on their feedback service by clicking here:
    http://www.roanoke.com/services/wb/xp-feedback .

Spread this around. Shut down the whole damn newspaper!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good deal. We need to spread the word everywhere on this and give em' the "what for!!".
  • Options
    RobatHrlyRobatHrly Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Like this one:

<For those law abiding citizens like me who don't appreciate our full names and addresses (whether they are former addresses or not) being posted online, let me me also "illustrate the open government process"

CHRISTIAN J TREJBAL
    675 SCHOOL LN
    CHRISTIANSBURG, VA 24073

Now that the playing field is leveled, I would like to add that the freedom of information act is a necessary evil, posting personal information on the internet as a "Sunshine Week Gift" is not.>

This is Virginia, not new York or Californnia, this guy should get an old fashioned tar and feathering.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just received this quote. Thought I'd pass it on.

Some things do not seem to change.

"It appears we have appointed our worst generals to command forces, and our most gifted and brilliant to edit newspapers! In fact, I discovered by reading newspapers that these editor/geniuses plainly saw all my strategic defects from the start, yet failed to inform me until it was too late. Accordingly, I'm readily willing to yield my command to these obviously superior intellects, and I'll, in turn, do my best for the Cause by writing editorials - after the fact."

Robert E. Lee, 1863.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Wow! That is a shock! That people are so stupid and lack the "common sense" to post the names of gun permit holders is beyond belief!

This is obviously an angry man who hates guns and all gun owners and is pissed that the law allowing gun permits passed in his state.

To post his name and address and all the exectuives of the newspaper is a good idea. You should put a sign in his front yard, no guns in this house. Gun Free Zone!
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1