In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What Would The Military Do?

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
Since my previous post seems to be getting nowhere, lets try this question:
Does the military(our forces) allow an enemy to totally devisate its forces, its machinery, its weapons systems BEFORE it strikes back(left to effectively fight with rocks), or does the military counter strike(defend) when attacked?

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What?

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but I honestly have no idea what you are saying
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    freemind:
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Since my previous post seems to be getting nowhere, lets try this question:
    Does the military(our forces) allow an enemy to totally devisate its forces, its machinery, its weapons systems BEFORE it strikes back(left to effectively fight with rocks), or does the military counter strike(defend) when attacked?
    Interesting comparrison.

In WWII we waited until attacked. The population was behind the counter-attack and the population accepted no end of casualties to see the war to the end. Remember Pearl Harbor!

In Iraq, we attacked without obvious provocation. The population was behind the attack, but when casualties mounted, they lost their stomach. There was no rallying cry.

A total gun ban as noted by Highball in your other thread would be Pearl Harbor. The incremental gun bans, the death of 20,000 cuts, is akin to the procession of U.N. Resolutions that were broken by Iraq. If there is not a single issue upon which to focus, most gun owners will allow the 2nd Amendment to bleed to death.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen,

An interesting analogy, comparing the nation's changing attitude about war to the apparent lack of alarm about incremental gun control. In both instances, changing attitudes in the nation have eroded our sense of outrage and willingness to fight back. Regarding war, our schools have pounded the lie that "War has never solved anything" into our children's puddenheads for thirty years. They now are convinced that war should always be prevented, including the insane belief that we should talk with nutcase dictators -- who are basically nice folks and very logical.

Regarding the regulation of firearm ownership, the same institutions (schools, libraries, etc.) are indoctrinating our children into believing that "guns are bad, and only bad people like guns." We are no longer a rural nation of kids hunting barefoot, raising up generations of Annie Oakleys, Sergeant Yorks, and Chuck Yeagers.

This indoctrination has also fragmented the gun community into sub-units who do not relate to one another. As Jim Zumbo recently discovered, gunowners may be waking up to this weakness.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thank you! This is what I was trying to get across previously. The liberal and social movements are smart enough to chip rights away, little by little, and justifying every step , every time. Well meaning gun owners,trying to see both side of the issue, give in to them in the name of "saftey" and "common sense".
    I think of it like this on machine guns:
    One side says "Why do citizens need them anyway? those should be for the military!Besides, the founding father never had intentions of protecting machine guns! "
    The other side (the correct side) says:
    Are machine guns "guns"? Yes. Who are the militia? WE ARE. The government isn't supposed to arm its private army with better arms than the militia.
    Or something to those effects.

All I am trying to say is these laws are "slow bleeds" which effectively bleed us dry. What time is better than now to repair these wounds before they are NOT repairable.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:All I am trying to say is these laws are "slow bleeds" which effectively bleed us dry. What time is better than now to repair these wounds before they are NOT repairable
    Too late.

Noble sentiment..I am surprised that TrFox isn't here with his agreement of your assement.

After 40-odd years of watching the battles being steadily, abeit slowly, lost...the time to stop it was 1968.

As a 18 year okd kid...I could not generate ANY angst among my hunting buddies about it at all...my cries of "Second Amendment' falling on deaf ears....much as today.
    20,000++++ gun laws...and 75% of gun owners SUPPORTING those laws..(oh,no...Zumbo is no anomily at all)..the end is in sight.

You will go to the streets some day to ACTUALLY fight for the Constitution...or you will crawl on your belly to your masters and beg to lick their feet.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    ..the end is in sight.

You will go to the streets some day to ACTUALLY fight for the Constitution...or you will crawl on your belly to your masters and beg to lick their feet.

I am still looking for the "poker club". as of yet it is mythical.I would like to join a poker club holding my same beliefs on the rules. I don't think you know of one. after all, clubs MUST be organized or their is no gathering of players.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The penalty for coming late to the party is...you get to start your OWN club.
    Get to it.
    Find people that do not have the mark of the Beast tattoed on their body...and prepare yourselves against the day of infamy..that day being tomorrow/next week/next year/next decade...WHATEVER.

Freedom lives in the minds of men. Your body is enslaved,today, to the Beast...but he cannot take your MIND..yet....
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I for one always have the hope that we can and will turn this battle for our second amendment rights around! Its not a fun thing to deal with but I do think the internet has given us an new weopon in the struggle. Communication is now quick and the number of gun owners on forums is increasing.

Educating hunters, collectors, target shooters and other interested parties about the anti-gun movement in all the states is helping. More and more people are contacting their legislators about their concerns, more folks are challenging the media lies and trying to turn this tide around. The Zumbo incident was a case in point, the complaints were many and sponsors reacted, this was a good sign that our efforts are being heard.

Of course the gun industry will respond to our complaints, but the Congress finds it much easier to ignore our letters and e-mails.
    They have a whole nest of anti-gun types sitting around the tables supporting one another in the call for removal of our second amendment rights. They believe they can twist the letter of the law to their will and be unopposed since they have a large support group outside the Congress.

Its our job to prove them wrong, not with violent calls for raising arms, but using the same system that they have used against our silent majority. Wake up silent majority, you 70+ million gun owners, wake up and protect your freedom, take back the second amendment.

Gee, 70 million letters to the Congress of the US about the McCarthy bill would kill that thing in a New York Second! 50 million new members in the NRA or GOA would scare the pants off even Chuckie Schumer and Teddy Kennedy. Maybe even Bloomberg, mayor of NYC, but he is pretty hard nosed about guns.

Its up to us to ACT folks! Not BS but to ACT! Not brag about how tough we are and what we will do when they come for our guns! We will all wimper like puppys and hand them over. ACT NOW to avoid that confrontation.

Each of you need to encourage friends and others to ACT NOW! Get them to join up with a group or get them to write their legislators!
    Spread the word, it will work.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in New York State, if you want to ride snowmobiles on State trails, you must be a member of a registered state club. The memberships are only $30/year. Why isn't it mandatory to be a member of a gun rights organization whan you purchase a new gun. This might be a way to "drum up business".

I firmly believe our Government will never be able to physically take "The Peoples" firearms. There would be a Government rebellion of epic proportions and I hope that never comes.

The only way they will get them is how they have been doing it over the last decades, little by little.

IT MUST STOP NOW !!!!!!!
    Abort Cuomo
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Here in New York State, if you want to ride snowmobiles on State trails, you must be a member of a registered state club. The memberships are only $30/year. Why isn't it mandatory to be a member of a gun rights organization whan you purchase a new gun. This might be a way to "drum up business".

Geez, talk about two wrongs don't make a right... Why don't they just make it a requirement that everyone has to register as a Republican too, that way while the government is taking all our rights away we won't feel so bad about it because we voted Republican.