In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Responsibilities;

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
YOURS....
Been on this board for several years. First time I have actually seen SEVERAL men stand up and say things that need said...and gentlemen, we are late saying them.

You MUST say these things to the people around you..to your children, to your wife..to the guy down the street.

Do not be cowed by the cowards..those hiding behind 'gun organizations', rules, and regulations...and 'this law is fair and good'....
Gun laws aid tyranny...NOTHING ELSE...and it will always be thus..and the Elitists will ALWAYS have their handmaidens among the general populace...those willing to trade their freedom for security.

You must ignore the slings and arrows and insults of those willing to go along to get along..for you are the last bastions of freedom on this earth....and the future of America rests not upon the corrupt shoulders of empty suits in Washington...but instead upon YOU....the 3% that represents the vey best the world has to offer...

That same 3 % that wrested freedom from tyranny with blood and accurate fire, these odd couple hundred years ago....

Comments

• Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am the preacher at work and to all my friends. They think I am in a gun cult.

I think they are all CRAZY. They just don't get it !!!!!
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you think I sound 'arrogant', 'demanding', 'supercilous', 'fanatical'..with my opening post ?
    Preaching to the stalwarts among us ? Perhaps...
    I posted it so we all could see the diffence between;;

"Send us money, or your guns are gone";

And what will REALLY save the Second Amendment and freedom here in America...

YOU...'converting' just ONE more citizen that understands his responsibilities to a free nation.

Not blind obedience to a government..I care not one whit how benevilant it appears on the surface.

No...freedom happens when citizens understand that compromising away Rights is ALWAYS a lose-lose situation...ALWAYS.

Allowing..even paying other people to bargain away Rights smacks of insanity, to me....
    Expect to be hated/feared/ridiculed/ and eventually hunted down and slapped into prison or killed...as were the Founders.

Standing up for what is right is ALWAYS difficult..because the majority of people prefer the easy path...and you standing tall holds up a mirror to those types that they cannot tolerate.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Do you think I sound 'arrogant', 'demanding', 'supercilous', 'fanatical'..with my opening post ?
    Preaching to the stalwarts among us ? Perhaps...
    I posted it so we all could see the diffence between;;

"Send us money, or your guns are gone";

And what will REALLY save the Second Amendment and freedom here in America...

YOU...'converting' just ONE more citizen that understands his responsibilities to a free nation.

Not blind obedience to a government..I care not one whit how benevilant it appears on the surface.

No...freedom happens when citizens understand that compromising away Rights is ALWAYS a lose-lose situation...ALWAYS.

Allowing..even paying other people to bargain away Rights smacks of insanity, to me....
    Expect to be hated/feared/ridiculed/ and eventually hunted down and slapped into prison or killed...as were the Founders.

Standing up for what is right is ALWAYS difficult..because the majority of people prefer the easy path...and you standing tall holds up a mirror to those types that they cannot tolerate.

Highball; I respect your vociferous defence of what you see as being right. I find fault with very few of your points of contention.

I am simply going to point out that you will not convince the masses to your side of things communicating to them in the manner you do.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    [br
    Highball; I respect your vociferous defence of what you see as being right. I find fault with very few of your points of contention.

I am simply going to point out that you will not convince the masses to your side of things communicating to them in the manner you do.

As what he SEE'S as right? Do you read history? Are you denying what happened at this country's foundation,or are you just denying why this country was founded? It is CLEAR what the politicians agendas are. If you deny that you are either blind or not clearly looking at the facts. I have found in life that some people just don't want responsibilities. They want their paycheck, r&r, and to NOT think too much on things. The tory's were the same way. They were afraid to speak up. They wanted the king to dictate right and wrong, left and right. They were COMFORTABLE with that. There was no conflict in laying on their backs and taking it.

However, conflict is a part of life, like it or not. Two people are NOT going to agree on everything. However, great men came together to lay to paper, what are people's inherit rights. This was NOT a flash decision. This took much time and debate. They knew this task was not a light one, and would (or should have) last eternally. It WILL take people of integrity to come together again to reitterate those rights again AND be willing to engage in conflict. To NOT say anything will only allow further erosion of what is left of the constitution. To NOT say anything is UNpatriotic.

One has to sit back and wonder what the founders would say of us today! We should never forget those wise men and ALLWAY hold them in the highest regaurd. Those men fought for a real freedom, one it seems many are willing to piss away for the sake of "security". Those that would give away liberty for security really do deserve neither!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bpost;Thank you for your words.

However... quote:I am simply going to point out that you will not convince the masses to your side of things communicating to them in the manner you do.
    I do not desire to "convince the masses" of anything...I am not a prostitute, trying to please all.

I only wish to speak to MEN.. men that have the courage to resist the propaganda and brain-washing of the media/Elites/NRA's/politicians...

No..the masses will do as they always have done...chew their cuds and watch whatever form of entertainment is in vogue at the time...
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:You MUST say these things to the people around you..to your children, to your wife..to the guy down the street.

You must ignore the slings and arrows and insults of those willing to go along to get along...

On THIS VERY DAY, I had the opportunity to "enlighten" my fellow co-worker on his misguided view of lawful individual gun ownership... I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT, because it surely would have ended in an HR incident that would have gotten me fired. And what good would that have done? I would have looked like an idiot, jeopardized my wife and mine's future, reduced my capacity to buy more guns & ammo and pay NRA dues... I'm just not sure if I want to stand up to these idiots anymore.

If they can't see the frickin writing on the wall then SO BE IT. Fewer people I have to deal with when the SHTF. I will keep buying my guns and stockpiling my ammo, while I can, and they will be up crap creek when the day of reckoning comes.

Sorry to be so negative, but I'm not sure if I can stand to coddle these people any more.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WW;
    [:D]
    You gotta pick the hill you want to die on. There must be some sign of intelligence, before you advocate....

I took the chance for many years..sometimes coming close to inspiring violence among those indifferent to liberty.

There can a time that I too carefully picked to whom I would talk...writting off the bulk of humanity..

The great object is not willy-nilly advocacy.

The object is to sort of 'reproduce' yourself..instill a REAL set of values in some other person..instead of the garbage they injest daily from most other sources.

No call-out for you, friend...from walking away from idiots.

You MUST remain viable..that takes jobs, freedom to move about..that is why it is so important to obey the laws, as we slide deeper into tyranny......
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Bpost;Thank you for your words.

However... quote:I am simply going to point out that you will not convince the masses to your side of things communicating to them in the manner you do.
    I do not desire to "convince the masses" of anything...I am not a prostitute, trying to please all.

I only wish to speak to MEN.. men that have the courage to resist the propaganda and brain-washing of the media/Elites/NRA's/politicians...

No..the masses will do as they always have done...chew their cuds and watch whatever form of entertainment is in vogue at the time...

Oddly enough the very MEN you praise so much used powers of persuasion to gain the trust of the the masses and get them to fight against all odds. Calling members of the NRA "brainwashed" is not the most effective way to get your point of view across. I would imagine if you spoke the way you do about the belief's of others back 230 years ago you would have been challenged to a duel to the death pretty quickly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Excuse me...I thought that I had made it pretty plain. I am speaking to men, here...
    Been my experience over the years that compromisers are unwilling to act unless they have several others willing to pile on at the same time.
    Then, they are really brave...much easier to face a single man standing apart from the crowd, saying things that need to be said, then turning to the government and saying.."You are out of control"...

Once again...I don't give a thin damn about the 'gun control is a good thing crowd'. Pursuading them would consist of them sharing your foxhole till the going got tough..then they would shoot you in the back and run for the other side.
    No, thank you kindly.....