In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Highball, please enlighten me

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
In a past post you said you believe the states have some say over gun laws. If I read that right please advise me of your stance on that.
It was my understanding from my reading that states could not pass laws to supercede the constitution.

Not baiting you, just trying to understand that statement.

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No kidding. From my standpoint, no law should be made on a federal level, because doing so is an infringement, while any on any other level is an infringement on the 9th and 10th Amendments, because the states are to address things not contained in the constitution, not add on to what they want, and regard the federal law as a subvertible suggestion.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    My belief for many years was that States also had no power to regulate firearms.

Thanks to Salvo [:(] a yesteryear poster..sadly, he does not visit often now...He pointed out that States were set up with somewhat broader powers to limits citizens then was the federal government...and if you didn't like it...you could move.
    He has quite a bit of documentation to back up his statements.

I despise the idea...but am willing to admit I was wrong about it.

Also..it was easier to change policy at the state level then the federal level.
    I believe that in the event of a sudden break-out of freedom...these are matters that men of good will can discuss and settle.

People supporting gun control NEED NOT APPLY, in that event...their views will be regarded as anti-American.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thank you highball. Now I see where that came from. I would also agree that should be eliminated one day.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    There is not the remotest chance the Founders intended to allow the States to disarm us...nor ANY government agency.

The limits of state power may perhaps extend to preventing carry in Courthouses..something on that order.

The Govenors of every state have committed derilection of duty by failing to train and regulate the unorganized Militia of America.