In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

indiana law

candy.357candy.357 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
How can someone with a old felony charge obtain a gun permit?

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by candy.357
    How can someone with a old felony charge obtain a gun permit?

your kidding right? The government won't let a felon own guns anymore. Notice I said the "government, not the constitution. Sorry but if you have a felony or some misdemeanor on your record, they won't let you own or posess one, let alone posess ammo or components.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think you can vote anymore either. Not being able to own a handgun is a much greater loss in my opinion. I could care less about voting for these pupets.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With a presidential pardon.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He will have to get his record "expunged",..........do an online search.
    A friend of mine had an ancient felony charge of drug possession, with intent to sell, because of the amount. I didn't know him back then, but it was over 30 years ago, and he is totally straight for the 15 years that I have known him. Doesn't even drink!
    That is what he had to do, and it worked, as he got his CCW right after I did.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Generally, when convicted of a felony, you lose certain Constitutional Rights. Once your sentence is served in full, to include probation/parole, you can petition the court that sentenced you for the restoration of your rights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    These responses go back to a thread I posted before. ONCE a person SERVED there sentence/was rehabilitated, there rights should be restored in FULL. I didn't know there were citizens and half citizens. Either you are a citizen with the RIGHTS of any other, or you are here without those rights. I.E. an illegal/legal alien.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well SHE was not making a statement about what "should be",......but rather asking about what can be done "now", i.e. my response! Although I do understand your point.[;)]

quote:I could care less about voting for these pupets.

Have to say I agree with that one,............already depressed about the prospects for 2008,.......plus we will have to listen to their BS from now, until then![}:)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    purectypurecty Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if it was a federal offense, its hell to get a permit. you have to get a presidential pardon, which i am going thru. at the present. it is not easy.