In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?Beyond NICS & Brady?- S. 1237

Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
"Beyond NICS & Brady"- S. 1237

This needs IMMEDIATE Dissemination. I hate to ask, but do you think the NRA will back this one also? Personally, I hope NOT!!!
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200705/CUL20070502b.html

S.1237
Title: A bill to increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists.
Sponsor: Sen Lautenberg, Frank R. [NJ] (introduced 4/26/2007)
Cosponsors : Sen Kennedy, Edward M. [MA] - 5/1/2007
Latest Major Action: 4/26/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything with those 2 behind it,........can't be good!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have allowed so many UNconstitutional laws through, that they feel that they can get something SO BLATANTLY UNconstitutional through as well. This one is SO WRONG in SO MANY ways.

So far, it has only been read, assigned to a committee, and has no cosponsors...yet