In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chicago Mayor Daley Blames Guns

OJMayoOJMayo Member Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
He was interviewed on CNN. They asked him about the high crime rate in Chicago. Was it poverty ? Was it lack of families ? Was it children growing up with no father ? Was it drugs ? NO. According to Mayor Daley it was easy access to guns. Montana and Idaho have lots of guns, kids with guns, easy access to guns....but they also dont have a gun crime problem. Hmmm....

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Wow, who woulda thought Daley would have said that?[:0][:o)]
  • Options
    Ba SardoBa Sardo Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OJ,

Nah, it couldn't be any of those other things - those would take way too much time, effort, and money to fix.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    NO! Guns ARE the problem!

Inanimate objects with no abilty to manipulate their surroundings in any shape, form, or fashion are FORCING people to pick them up and use them to rob, rape, and kill other people!

My God, don't you see? How are you so blind? People, who are ostensibly possessed of intellect and free will, are POWERLESS against the pesuasive abilities of an inanimate firearm! It hasn't been proven, it can't be proven, and isn't even a logcal argument, but it's the TRUTH!

Forget logic and reason! Think of the children! Why, guns only kill innocent honor roll students and two week old babies! Scumbags, thieves, wife beaters, child abusers, rapists, racists, drug dealers, and other assorted violent human surplus are IMMUNE to firearms!

For God's sake! Ban guns before they entice more young people to their doom and kill us all! Please!!!!!!!

[NOTE: Yes, I am being sarcastic]
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey

This so very true "Guns ARE the problem!" But as a intellegent and rational "Good Guy" that knows that "Bad Guys" will always have a gun, it gives me one very good reason to have one.
    But there is even a far bigger reason for me to have several guns. You see, to me a self defense weapon is a very obvious necessity, In fact it is so obvious that I suspect that many of the anti-gun politicians have a serious ulterior motive, sitting there waiting for the day when they and their buddies don't have to fear revolt when they enslave us all.... and that is the the only reason that I can conclude for a intellegent and rational person would want to Ban Guns.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    #1 cause of crime is poverty, #1 cause of poverty is lack of education, #1 cause of lack of education is parents that don't give a F*** cause they're on drugs or whatever.

Daley = CLUELESS as usual.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Look. Daley is the mayor of Chicago. Bloomberg is the mayor of New York.

Certainly, these two politicians have a much better understanding of how society works than a bunch of schmucks at a gun forum.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,357 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

Certainly, these two politicians have a much better understanding of how society works than a bunch of schmucks at a gun forum.

Well said!
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't understand why an interviewer wouldn't take him to task on this answer and mention how Chicago has some of the stricted gun laws in the country already. How are these people obtaining guns and why are they breaking the LAW to do it?

Then when hes says, "Well, the surrounding areas allow them. They come in from everywhere else." Then the interviewer needs to ask, If we ban every gun in the state of Illinois, how are we going to talk the states surrounding us into doing the same thing (most of which are pro-gun concealed carry of course), so that guns don't come over the border?

Then he wouldn't have an answer. He's a buffoon. He can't admit to the problems the city has, because that would make it look bad. I can't believe people keep voting him in. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not and they somehow rig the election every time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Like father, like son.
  • Options
    linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear you we have the same idiots around here. They can't stop the criminals from having drugs or guns so they want to take guns from the people who can legally own them, and think that will solve them problems.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep.

For instance, we could end the violent crime of rape if we just outlawed women.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look!! Daley is a waterhead baby that his dad had with a 2 dollar w *, He is upset about his past and must take it out on something/ Quite understandable, nambu
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just one more reason I moved away from the commy land of lincoln and am now happy to reside in gun friendly Tn ........
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the mere presence of firearms caused crime and violence then my house would be one of the most crime-ridden and violent places in the state of Arkansas. Obviously, Daley's words are those of a total asseyes*.

*In my circle of friends, asseyes is the worst insult possible. The term denotes a person who is totally without merit; a complete waste of oxygen; a moron of the highest order.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey

Inanimate objects with no abilty to manipulate their surroundings in any shape, form, or fashion are FORCING people to pick them up and use them to rob, rape, and kill other people!

My God, don't you see? How are you so blind? People, who are ostensibly possessed of intellect and free will, are POWERLESS against the pesuasive abilities of an inanimate firearm! It hasn't been proven, it can't be proven, and isn't even a logcal argument, but it's the TRUTH!

Forget logic and reason! Think of the children! Why, guns only kill innocent honor roll students and two week old babies! Scumbags, thieves, wife beaters, child abusers, rapists, racists, drug dealers, and other assorted violent human surplus are IMMUNE to firearms!

For God's sake! Ban guns before they entice more young people to their doom and kill us all! Please!!!!!!!

[NOTE: Yes, I am being sarcastic]

Now I like the above very, very much. It is so funny because many anti-gun liberals would actually think EMM was speaking the truth.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    #1 cause of crime is poverty, #1 cause of poverty is lack of education, #1 cause of lack of education is parents that don't give a F*** cause they're on drugs or whatever.

Daley = CLUELESS as usual.

Well, you have it mostly right. But you are letting the lazy, trouble-making students off the hook. In every place I have been in America ANYBODY can get an education if they will go to school, pay attention, do their homework. The 1st grade thru 12th is free to everyone. Then they can go to a trade school or work partime and go to a junior college part-time.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun Control laws do not work......period
  • Options
    Broomie2Broomie2 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess it beats the heck outa saying he can't or won't do a dam thing about the other crime in his "Garden OF Eden". This mans lame, him and his Jackbooted thugs, trying to blame anything but himself for his poorly run north end of a south bound mule administration. Sounds like he gets his ideas from our "Garden State" Storm Troopers, lets do 90 & crash our SUV, its the peoples fault.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

Well said!

I guess Mayor Daley of Chicago and Mayor Bloomberg have the better understanding of the mentality, and the level of intelligence of the folks living within their city. I suppose they see the inner cities as cesspools of crime and drug use. Folks that live there don't make good choices in their lives and have lots of anger issues.

So the Mayors have a fear that if the population had access to arms that they would be down at city hall demanding increases in their welfare benefits.

Having visited some of these inner city areas I will have to admitt that I would not want to give the folks that lived there guns either.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sig232
    Having visited some of these inner city areas I will have to admitt that I would not want to give the folks that lived there guns either.

Your so right, the police do such a bang up job stopping violent crimes, who needs guns right?
    You're a baffoon sig. I really care not what color their skin is OR how poor they are, they need that protection the MOST. If they have such problems with crime, make the LEO's do their JOBS. Put one on EVERY corner. Fix the problem, don't make it worse.
  • Options
    Automatic_ftpAutomatic_ftp Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All--

That was the best he could come up with? That's just pathetic, not to mention ignorant. It'd be nice if people like him actually reviewed some of the scholarly literature on the topic, which is either inconclusive or shows that gun ownership typically reduces crime. I think the main thing is that many people don't know anything about firearms and are, therefore, intimidated by them--so they try to ban things that they fear.

Daley's comment sounds like a stock canned answer that paid little attention to the question itself.

Best,

Bob