In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

D.C. to ask Court to keep private gun ban:

Comments

• Options
    Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets hope and pray it doesnt go...
  • Options
    takenitlighttakenitlight Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was blown away when I saw this!!! I had assumed EVERY non-felon citizen had the right to bare arms! Most crimes are NOT committed by legal registered owners of weapons/ firearms. If anything, they are a deterrent.so I thought! This gun control crap makes me extremely angry! I had no idea this was in affect there. I had believed the non registered owners & felons were the ones in D/C shooting each other up aka responsible for all the murders, etc. Is it just me or did I miss something???

I wonder WHO & how many of these politicians are registered firearms owners and carry them for protection, but think the average legal citizen does not have the same rights??? I would bet they are on both sides of the party lines. Different laws for the rich politicians!

My apologies if I came across too strong, but this really infuriates me!

Have a great day!
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    takenitlight, I'm glad you now realize the severity of gun rights infringement that occurs in some places in this country. And remember, the D.C. ban has been in place for years!

New York City has also had severely restrictive laws on firearms ownership and possession for decades. Many people that aren't particularly interested in firearms usually have no idea how restrictive gun laws are in some areas. They just assume that if they ever needed a gun that they will be able to walk into a gun shop and get one. It isn't until they actually decide to learn about guns, or really need to get one for their personal safety, that they discover all of the infrigements that have been placed on us by the government.

D.C. is an example of what rampant infringement can bring, a total gun ban, which only serves to disarm law abiding citizens. But there are many other forms of infringement to, such as if you actually want to carry a gun for your own personal protection. In most areas of the country this requires a CCW permit (which requires a lot of time, money, and patience). Some places, like San Francisco and Los Angeles NEVER issue CCW permits. So if you live in those places you are essentially screwed.

Congratulations on becoming a little more informed.