In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Doesn't anyone have Highball's real email?

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
He should have posted by now! Something's wrong.

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure don't,......Pickenup is the only one that "may" have it, but he seemed concerned also, so I am sure he would have tried to contact him already.
    I hope nothing bad has happened to the guy!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen;
    For those interested.

After 40-odd years `in harness', so to speak, I have chucked the time clock and all such encumbrances and been running loose. Not given to the `I am leaving' speeches, I merely dropped off line and went about doing nothing at my whim.

I have watched for years these forums.and witnessed the tiny percentage of men that I believe carry the blood of the founders in their veins speak out about the tyranny sweeping this once-blessed land..and also seen the vaster number of compromisers, Quislings, and just plain cowards that infest this medium.just as they infest America from sea to shining sea.

I no longer visit with those types in my daily life.and no longer chose to subject myself to the slings and arrows of what I consider garbage on these varied forums.

You that are my blood brothers must stay hard..as that sweet girl who crawled by her mothers dead body for days said.. "Never forget.and NEVER FORGIVE"..America..the REAL America..depends upon YOU..The precious small band of brothers that draws its strength from those warriors that laid down their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to fight the same entrenched corruption we face today.

God Bless you all. Highbal.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Gentlemen;
    For those interested.

After 40-odd years `in harness', so to speak, I have chucked the time clock and all such encumbrances and been running loose. Not given to the `I am leaving' speeches, I merely dropped off line and went about doing nothing at my whim.

I have watched for years these forums.and witnessed the tiny percentage of men that I believe carry the blood of the founders in their veins speak out about the tyranny sweeping this once-blessed land..and also seen the vaster number of compromisers, Quislings, and just plain cowards that infest this medium.just as they infest America from sea to shining sea.

I no longer visit with those types in my daily life.and no longer chose to subject myself to the slings and arrows of what I consider garbage on these varied forums.

You that are my blood brothers must stay hard..as that sweet girl who crawled by her mothers dead body for days said.. "Never forget.and NEVER FORGIVE"..America..the REAL America..depends upon YOU..The precious small band of brothers that draws its strength from those warriors that laid down their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to fight the same entrenched corruption we face today.

God Bless you all. Highbal.

Highball,

Glad to hear from you and that you are doing well. I do hope that you will grace us with your presence and words from time to time. This forum would be a far poorer place without you, in my opinion.

Take care of yourself.

Jeff
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I am glad that everything is ok. And agree with "It", we are far better off with your input than without, and just knowing you haven't "disappeared" is a relief.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Some of the finest men to walk this earth post on this particular forum.... and I thank the kind words given by two of them.

I believe the argument is over. Those espousing gun control are embracing evil..and they are doing it willingly, eagerly, even.turning their backs upon the foundations of this country.

All that needs to be said has been said.futher argument being redundant and futile.

I have been over and read some of the political/GD discussions.and witnessed the destruction over and over of the straw-men advanced by the get-along-at-any-price crowd, the `vote back in repubdemo' stupidity the truly stupid cannot seem to get away from.by the articulate members of THIS particular forum..and a sad smile crosses my face. Would that intelligence could be passed across like the vitriolic nonsense that serves as `discussion' by most.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Some of the finest men to walk this earth post on this particular forum.... and I thank the kind words given by two of them.

I believe the argument is over. Those espousing gun control are embracing evil..and they are doing it willingly, eagerly, even.turning their backs upon the foundations of this country.

All that needs to be said has been said.futher argument being redundant and futile.

I have been over and read some of the political/GD discussions.and witnessed the destruction over and over of the straw-men advanced by the get-along-at-any-price crowd, the `vote back in repubdemo' stupidity the truly stupid cannot seem to get away from.by the articulate members of THIS particular forum..and a sad smile crosses my face. Would that intelligence could be passed across like the vitriolic nonsense that serves as `discussion' by most.

As I said, check in from time to time and/or stay in contact. Your leaving would be like losing an old friend, although we have never met.

There are far to few who have the fortitude to call things as they are and speak from belief and principal. You Highball, are one of the few.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:After 40-odd years `in harness', so to speak, I have chucked the time clock and all such encumbrances and been running loose.

Good for you, Highball. Enjoy retirement. You have served your brothers with distinction and deserve it.

For the rest of you, with all due respect to Highball, he is not the heart and soul of this forum, nor the gun rights movement. For that, look in a mirror. It is time for all of us to step up to the plate and fill some very large shoes.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
    -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to know that all is well with you,........enjoy the "doing nothing"!
    Take Care.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen;
    For those interested.

I pray you find yourself running loose out East, here in the belly of the beast-should your fancy take you here. A place at my table is always reserved for you in the hope that we may break bread together again. There is plenty of nothing to do, save bourbon to drink and sunsets to watch.

garage17.jpg

Paul
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball:

Glad to know it had nothing to do with cutting the grass and all the rain that made getting your garden in so hard. I was really concerned that you had overdone something and maybe hurt yourself somehow.

I know how you feel but I hope you'll check in sometimes and let us know how things are going. I agree the state of affairs in this country is pretty depressing and I often have to take a break, go outside, and just enjoy my freedom without encumbrance. Breath some fresh air and get my mind right. It brings me back to reality and I realize that what I have IS WORTH FIGHTING TO RETAIN. Ergo, I find myself back here doing whatever I can in that regard. I must admit you may be right, it may be to late, but I can't (and I don't you can either) just drop out and leave things to others without voicing an opinion or giving some guidance on issues.

Admit it, dropping out is not easy. The forum is addictive and you'll be around, just check in once in a while just to say hi and your alright if nothing else.

Good luck and enjoy yourself. E-mail me sometime if nothing else.
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will certainly miss you Highball.