In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

have a frind who wont ues a gun for defence

johnny dangerouslyjohnny dangerously Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
ok, i cant figure it out he loves to go shooting,and dosnt care about me carying mine,he just wont use one.i tried to give him one for free he would not take it,just buges me to take him shooting.he isnt scared of them at all, he smiles wide when he emptys mags at milk cartons.he goes bow hunting and would have no problem using his bow on a home invader. he just insists guns are for p@#%&*.im just at my wits end with the guy.maby you guys could give me some things to say to him.if there good ill make him read them. please help.thank you for your time friends. johnny dangerously

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Methinks he is a bonehead perhaps and beyond help???
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Johnny;
    This country was founded upon the bedrock of personal freedom for all.

Part of that freedom entailed personal responsibility...and part of that responsibility was securing security for yourself and your loved ones in your immediate vicinity.

Now..we live in a time of shirking of responsibility...and outright cowardice in the population. Refusing to defend yourself with the best means available is merely an outward sign of the loss of the fire in the belly for freedom.and the willingness to depend upon others to `take care of you'.a sickness of the spirit.
  • Options
    johnny dangerouslyjohnny dangerously Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    high ball,you sir are the man. is that from something or is that you? that was sweet.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Johnny;
    That particular string of words is mine.
    That being said..I have read extensively many fine words put on paper by much better minds then mine...so nothing can truly be said to be completely 'original'.
    I am sure that rambling about in the back of my mind is every word from every author I ever read..just do not have the ability to re-construct all.