In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hellfire,reactive trigger,gat trigger,ect.

fsted2afsted2a Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I have heard of a reactive trigger assist that is mounted inside the pistol grip of the AR's which is supposed to be the most reliable method of simulating full auto of any of the devices out there. Anyone got any info?

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah... they don't work.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is what I call a "bait" question.

Just keep on swimming.
  • NineMMAR15NineMMAR15 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.Poormans-machinegun.com

ar15%20mp5101.JPG
  • lkn4adellkn4adel Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That site is really cool. I must try that.
  • johnny dangerouslyjohnny dangerously Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i remember a shot gun news article were a man was arrested for using a shoe string like this.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by johnny dangerously
    i remember a shot gun news article were a man was arrested for using a shoe string like this.

The shoe string method involves a 14" piece of string that is attached to the Mini 14 charging handle/ bolt. The string is wrapped around the back part of the trigger guard, then around the guns trigger. The string is then fed through the hole in the trigger guard, and tied to a key ring! To fire the gun semi, you simply pull the guns trigger. To fire the gun full auto you insert your index finger into the key ring, and pull to the rear. This action pulls the guns trigger, releasing the hammer, in which the gun is fired. As the bolt comes back to extract the spent round, the tension is released off the guns trigger causing the trigger to reset. As the bolt moves forward to chamber another round, the tension is taken up, thus constricting the guns trigger causing this cycle to start over "Automatically"! According to the B.A.T.F / National Firearms Act, 26 U.S.C. 5845(b), defines "machinegun" to include the following: .any weapon that shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. In the case with the Shoestring method the "trigger" when fired full auto is now the key ring, in which is operated only once to fire multiple rounds.

Bumpfiring is a technique that ulitlizes the forward motion of the shooter pulling the gun into his or her stationary finger, which is counter acted by the rear-ward recoil of the gun being fired. The rubber band mearly acts as an external trigger return spring causing the trigger to rest quicker, making it easier to bumpfire. Attaching a rubber band is optional, and will not change the internal function of the gun. You still have to know how to bumpfire for this to work.
    edited November -1
    After reading the 12 page letter of reconsideration regarding the Akins Accelerator sent to the BATF on February 6, 2007 from Steven Halbrook (Attorney for the Akins Group) I found some stuff that would suggest that my rubber band assisted bump fire technique to be described as the same operational mechanics as the Hellfire Trigger Device. His letter to the BATF contained Letters of opinion from the FTB (firearms technology branch) regarding the Hellfire Device.

A 2003 letter of opinion summarized some of ATF's previous findings about the following, all of which were found NOT to be machinegun conversion parts:

"We previously examined a device known as a HELLFIRE or A.S.IV consisting of a metal block that clamps to the trigger guard of a semiautomatic firearm and has a spring the applies pressure to the back of the trigger. The device merely acted as an auxiliary trigger return spring and did not change the mechanical functioning of the firearm.
    With the hellfire device, a trigger stop and spring are used to vibrate the trigger against the trigger finger. A rhythm and loose grip are required. The device depends on a relatively stationary trigger finger and utilizes recoil and isometric tension to create movement of the counter recoiling rifle against the trigger finger to initiate a rapid succession of semiautomatic shots. This technique is known as "bump firing," as uses the forward isometric tension of the shooter's supporting hand to "bump" the trigger into the shooter's finger again after it recoils from the previous shot. The recoil is countered via isometric tension."

The rubber band I used in my videos...... apply pressure to the back of the trigger by means of pulling the trigger forward when lassoed on the trigger, stretched around the mag well and lassoed again on the trigger via the other side of the gun!

The Attorney for the Akins Group concluded with: Trigger Activators are a commercially-produced firearm accessory known by various names as "Tac Trigger," "Auto-burst," "Auto-burst II" depending on who the manufacture is. They are in fact a legal device, and what they do is the attach to the trigger of a firearm, and there are various springs involved with small powerful spring that force the trigger back to the forward position, meaning that you have to separately pull the trigger each time you want to fire the gun. but it gives the illusion of functioning as a machinegun.