In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pro-gun Ammunition Manufacturers

dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
I like to support the pro-gun businesses. What is the most pro-gun ammunition manufacturer. Don't really know which (if any) have sold out the gun owners, but I'd prefer to shoot ammunition coming from a group that supports GOA or some other REAL pro-gun group.

Comments

• Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I avoid Remington ammo for one. I will only consider them for support of products I already own unless I can get parts elsewhere. Nothing new!! They were quick to distance themselves (and rightly so) from Zumbo during his "Assault Weapons" Comment Debacle, but when the heat died down they got right behind him again. As you probably know, he's back on OLN now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Really? I thought they claimed to support all shooters? If they are back to Zumbo though, I'm not supporting them.

I'd really hate to have to buy foreign made ammo just to avoid anti-gun American companies. At least if the foreign companies support gun kontrol, it doesn't apply in America.

Anything on Winchester or the other companies?
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dsmith:

I'm Not on a kick of boycotting American Made Products at all. Those whom have decided to outsource their manufacturing are another story. I'll never own another CVA and even sold the one I had. Still deal with TC though.

Even though I have no respect for big business and what they are doing to the country and that includes the gun/ammo companies, I Don't go looking for specifics on any of them. You'll find most support the NRA so there you go. NONE have opposed the NRA stance on gun control as long as the NRA protects their interests. Clout and the bottom dollar over conscience and consequences. When they openly expose themselves as frauds, as the NRA has recently made a habit of doing, I'll avoid them as well. Apparently I have a longer memory than most and I only say that because I've seen NO Reaction to Remington (and others: Don't watch so I don't know who THEY, are) for sponsoring Zumbo again.

I won't buy foreign made ammo until the government puts all our manufacturers out of business and I have no other choice. Honestly I don't think that will even be an option by then!! Kinda like not supporting the local gun show because you can get stuff cheaper or more conveniently elsewhere. Pretty soon, no more gun show. Same with ammo.

Boycotting American Made products because of their political stance or the cost has skyrocketed (due to Corp. Am. Selling ALL the Raw materials to China) will only be a feel good effort with temporary results. Real success would mean hitting their pocketbook and that would just feed the Dragon. Pretty soon a boycott of Remington, or any other manufacturer will be mute. We can't afford to put them out of business. The problem is the Ammo manufacturers don't have the sense to see their politics and alliances, based on profit margins, are cutting their own throats and the Big Corporations, in lock step with the Federal Government, are hacking away at their knees/legs.

And BTW: If you think that foreign Ammo Manufacturers supporting gun control is OK and it doesn't apply here: YOU MY FRIEND ARE OUT TO LUNCH!! If I can impress anything on your mind with this post I hope you can come to grips with the fact that most of the law-abiding citizens of the WORLD have been disarmed, or are on that road, already. The last bastion of Firearms Freedom is the U.S.A. With the Worldwide footholds in GLOBAL Disarmament (and Global Disarmament doesn't mean Nuc's and Armies, it really applies to the citizens) that have been obtained, to date, how much longer do you think you have as a free man?? In a mere 18 years this country has been reduced from a RESPECTED Super-power Nation to .. I'll let you sum up today's world opinion for yourself. I'm not willing to get banned for language.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's not so much that I think that foreign ammo manufacturers hurt the US, it's that I think that they hurt the other countries much more.

I do generally buy made in US ammo, but if they are hurting our rights, I need to find other companies.