In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

As Usual;

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
Information is just not welcome over in General.

Thanks much, LT;
Before the end, you forced MANY people to re-think their position...not a popular process, among some, obviously.

Being much politer then I, with a command of the language, you reach folks I cannot.
There is some chance that my posts led to the destruction of your thread...as good as it was.
I stand ready to avoid those types of threads in the future, if you prefer..the importance of them far superceding my 'need' to post.

Thanks again for a superb discussion...and perhaps for some folks being, indeed, educated.

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed Highball.
    I'll stay out of them too, if preferred. (well, most of them [;)])

You know that every time that kind of thread comes up, there are a "few" that gather the information presented. It is NEW news to them, even though they may not say anything in the thread. The numbers may not be high, but the message is getting out. Albeit slowly.

A recent NRA blunder.....in my "opinion"

http://www.gunowners.org/a090507.htm

quote:While the NRA does some good work in the areas of shooting competitions, firearms training, etc., THEY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME when they support the so-called School Safety Act
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Information is just not welcome over in General.

Thanks much, LT;
    Before the end, you forced MANY people to re-think their position...not a popular process, among some, obviously.

Being much politer then I, with a command of the language, you reach folks I cannot.
    There is some chance that my posts led to the destruction of your thread...as good as it was.
    I stand ready to avoid those types of threads in the future, if you prefer..the importance of them far superceding my 'need' to post.

Thanks again for a superb discussion...and perhaps for some folks being, indeed, educated.

Just got home from work. I see from reading this that the GD post may have been summarily executed??? Oh well, it was worth a try.

Highball, I thank you for your kind words. They are returned in spades. As to contributing to posts I have written. I not only enjoy reading your thoughts, I would prefer that you DO contribute.

Maybe we'll wake up a couple on occasion and if so, it is worth the abuse and effort.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Agreed Highball.
    I'll stay out of them too, if preferred. (well, most of them [;)])

You know that every time that kind of thread comes up, there are a "few" that gather the information presented. It is NEW news to them, even though they may not say anything in the thread. The numbers may not be high, but the message is getting out. Albeit slowly.

A recent NRA blunder.....in my "opinion"

http://www.gunowners.org/a090507.htm

quote:While the NRA does some good work in the areas of shooting competitions, firearms training, etc., THEY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME when they support the so-called School Safety Act

pickenup, you are also always encouraged to post on any topic I might start, few though they are. Between you and Highball, I feel a bit less isolated and you are both knowledgeable and forthright in your views.

Thanks for the support guys!

I agree on the recent NRA "blunder".[;)]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Truthfully, I was absolutely amazed it lasted as long as it did. Went out the mid-morning...and didn't seem to have gathered any more trash then what floated up last night.

Remember this..we are NEVER isolated...those of us standing in the footprints of the Founders.

We are bound to those giants of men just as surely as the Sun comes up in the morning.
    As for me...I prefer the company of just ONE American...then the millions of sycophants running about out there.
    There are a few on this end of the board.and surprisingly.my thread over on General about the `poll' has generated quite more responses then normal.
    edited November -1
    I admire and respect several moderators..both here and on general.

That being said...I wonder if allowing the true natures of certain posters to be examined by the general populace would not be a good thing.
    Certain posters are generally thought to be 'good guys'..all the while they persist in attacking those of us that actually support freedom...
    Personally, their attacks roll off me..one expects such from mainstream, support the system, "I got mine" types.

Anything that they perceive as 'threatening' to their comfortable station in life is,by definition' "BAD"...even if it IS that oh-so-inconvenient document...the Constitution.

This is, by the way.only my opinion..and I do understand the thought that even by reading garbage, one is tainted by it. We also need to understand the nature of those that despise free thought.and freedom for all.instead of merely the few.
    I believe that there will ALWAYS be this division between those loving..or profiting..from ever more controls on the population...and those desiring less, of course...so I extend exactly the same disdain for those government shills as they do to me.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Dang! I knew this would happen. I missed a good one, eh? Just got home from vacation.
    edited November -1
    JP;
    Was indeed a splendid example of a decent man reaching out to educate his fellow man.
    LT496 started a thread over on General "NRA, Friend or Foe ?"..
    Wnt 3 pages with a bare minimum of garbage posting..only a couple. Was pretty serious discussion...and then the typical poof as it offended the sensibilities of somebody in power.
    Went away.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad about the thread....I like seeing things get stirred up over on GD

Keep it up fellas, you're not without support
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope I have not become an "outsider", as all here for any length of time, know my feelings about the 2nd.
    I do post a lot in GD, and I also don't understand the "poofing" rules there.
    Geez,.......I thought Pickenup was tough![:D]
    Not much takes place here, and unless I have something to contribute to a specific topic, or a reply that I have more info than has already been posted, I pretty much keep quiet anymore.
    I also feel that a number of folks are starting to "come around", and facing the bold face lies of the NRA, and attempting to undertake the understanding of the Constitution.
    LT, is a great orator, without question!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    Damn guys. I appreciate the kind words and support. I just got home from a crap day at work and opened this up. This simply made my night much better, thanks.

One of these days, i'll get stirred up again and start another thread on something. When I do and if you agree, please join me in doing what we do best, trying to open up some eyes.[;)]

I'll be watching you all and will do the same.
    edited November -1
    Marc;
    The only outsiders are those advocating government controls on forearms.
    Those people should be 'Zumboed'..one and all.