In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MONTGOMERY COUNTY IS LEGAL TO SHIP AMMO TO

Scott7891Scott7891 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I know a lot of you are aware that in the Montgomery County chapter that it said regarding ammo that it must be done in person. Even though it is written so in Code 57-12, at the end of it it states:

"[Publisher's note: This section was held to be invalid by the Court of Appeals in Montgomery County, Maryland, et al. v. Atlantic Guns,Inc., et al., 302 Md. 540, 489 A.2d 1114 (1985),and interpreted in Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission v. Elgin, 53 Md.App. 452, 454A.2d 408 (1983).]"

Maryland state law forbids any local government from enacting any gun law. My county tried to get away with it but has failed yet they keep it on the books. Offhand, Wiedners, The Outdoor Marksman, Ammoman, Georgia Arms, and AIM (even though they say they won't at their site) have shipped to other Montgomery County residents without penalty or fine. So please, someone make it available to others at this site that it is okay to ship ammo here. I have tried with a few sellers and they refuse to even when I show them documentation. If you don't believe me then here it is.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/statelaws/25thedition/maryland.pdf -on page 18 right above Code 57-13