In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bring on the spin

bullride8bullride8 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
Click here for link

Had to suffer through this article while reading the Stars and Stripes. While I admit, the loss of the police officers is horrible. The article is almost as bad. More anti-gunner spin. I encourage people to write to the AP and have them correct the story. Hrm, I bought my AK-47 during the AWB. Did the 2004 AWB "ban" these firearms.
Also,I've never been able to spray my AR-15 or AK. An AK-47 a high powered rifle? 7.62 x 39? High power.....I'm at a loss.

If the link doesn't work, do a search for assault weapons on http://www.ap.org

Edited to shorten link ONLY. [;)]

Comments

• Options
    Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guns are readily available on streets, Baixauli said, or can be ordered by mail for under $200.

wow where i want one....[:D]

"These bullets are very powerful: they go through walls, they go through cars, and if you just spray the general vicinity you're going to get innocent bystanders," Acosta said. "A shooting that might have been an injury previously is now a death."

particle board or concrete?
    windows or engine blocks?
    and what if the bystander is not so innocent?
    a death, not hardly... in the words of the black night! "tis but a flesh wound"

im in accord with the poster. this should be re-written, but then Mr. MATT SEDENSKY would not be able to get his $0.02 in with how his daddy never took him hunting [V] and those * things that make little pieces of lead go fast give him nightmares [:0] because they look scary [}:)]
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the hell??
  • Options
    Mk23Mk23 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I catch tons of flak from EVERYONE on every side of the issue when I say this, but from what I see of police involved shootings nowadays?

The dead cop probably didn't try hard enough not to get shot.

I'm serious. All of these cops nowadays thing that these bullet proof vests make them invincible. You see videos of cops getting shot at during traffic stops, they just draw their weapons, stand there and shoot back like they're on the firing range.

It SHOULD be just common sense that if you just stand there while someone's shooting at you, you're likely to get shot.

Car doors don't even stop 9mm rounds unless they've armored the car up to the point it can't catch a speeder. You still see cops everywhere using the doors as cover despite classes being available that'll teach them to use the engine block or wheels for cover.

Cops are dying because of outdated and inadequate training. And, cynic that I am, I believe they're probably also being intentionally martyred for the anti-gun cause, instead of being trained to correct these often-fatal errors.

I could just see an /honest/ letter of condolence reading:

'We regret to inform you that your husband is dead because we'd rather try to outlaw these guns than teach him not to get shot by them. We could've trained him, but without his dead body we couldn't possibly get these guns banned.'