In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ATF STILL abusing Red's Trading Post

swifteagleswifteagle Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Hi all, as some of you may already have heard the ATF is STILL harassing Red's Trading Post about 0.4% of over 10,000 forms they had customers fill out with silly "out of policy" issues such as placing a "y" in a field instead of a full "yes" - that is LESS than 1/2 of ONE percent! If only the ATF could have an error rate so low. We all need to send an email to our Senators & to the organization that oversees the ATF - the DOJ. See my below blog entry for an example of an email I sent as well as a link to Red's Trading Post blog discussing the latest ATF abuse:

Yet Another Audit

The email address for the Office of the Inspector General for the DOJ which is listed for reporting "Waste, Fraud, Abuse, or Misconduct" of the government entities that it oversees is: oig.hotline@usdoj.gov

DOJ Website is:
http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/FOIA/hotline.htm

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    You dance with the Devil..shouldn't complain when you get burned.
  • Options
    swifteagleswifteagle Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    You dance with the Devil..shouldn't complain when you get burned.

Very good point. Only problem is, the ATF doesn't allow anyone else to dance. :)
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:the ATF doesn't allow anyone else to dance.
    Yeppers...
    We once were a nation of fierce, proud warriors..we Americans.

Today, we crawl on our bellies to beg permission to possess the basic ingredient of freedom.a weapon.
    We dutifully line up down at the local FFL.the focal point for unconstitutional activities..(restricting firearms)..to pay homage to our cowardice as men and as a Nation..
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    I went to a local pawn shop and was gonna pick up a s&w 357 4" blued, long story short screw the waiting they shouldve been able to clear me instantly! I waited for about 10-15 mins for them to call back and say I was cleared and then left.
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    screw waiting periods etc. its still legal to buy private so far......................