In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who is Your Friend and Who is Your Enemy?

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
The link below has some very interesting reading about the NRA and some of their gun-control and "questionable" actions. This is a group of links to articles on issues and stances taken by NRA that shine some light on them, the most recent being in 2004.

For TR and other NRA idolizers, there are also links to "pro-NRA" articles.

My point is that if you have shown yourself to be for gun-control, then who cares what other actions you take. You are either for Amendment II as written, or you are not. Nothing you say can change what you have done and continue to do, period.

It is patently obvious that the NRA views Amendment II as something different than I do. The NRA is fine with "infringements" and government regulations on an American Citizen's RTKBA. Hell, they supported, authored and/or pushed through most of the "infringements" that we are saddled with today.

School is in kids. The education continues....

Let the flaming begin.[;)]

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcInfoBase.asp?CatID=175

Comments

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good link. I think most of us here already knew exactly where the NRA stood for quite some time now.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, I'm glad we're beating this horse to death, again... not!!!

Stop whining about the NRA and do something about it!!! The NRA is about a group of people defending things that are in their best interests. If some of our hunter brethren think pushing us under the bus is such a great idea, (the f#$%^#rs!!) then let them fight it out on their own, pull your funding, and tell the NRA why you are letting things go. Enough people do it, the NRA will be a different organization!!!

Step 1: Tell them "NO NEW GUN KONTROL LAWS!!!".
    Step 2: Gun kontrol is not ineffective; it is counterproductive.
    Step 3: CHL's turn rights into privileges. Time to knock this crap off!!!
    Step 4: Background checks are unconstitutional, and useless expense. Stop supporting it, and start opposing it.
    Step 5: Knock of the "hunter's rights" BS. No more Zumbos!!!

This will get you started!!!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    Ok, I'm glad we're beating this horse to death, again... not!!!

Stop whining about the NRA and do something about it!!! The NRA is about a group of people defending things that are in their best interests. If some of our hunter brethren think pushing us under the bus is such a great idea, (the f#$%^#rs!!) then let them fight it out on their own, pull your funding, and tell the NRA why you are letting things go. Enough people do it, the NRA will be a different organization!!!

Step 1: Tell them "NO NEW GUN KONTROL LAWS!!!".
    Step 2: Gun kontrol is not ineffective; it is counterproductive.
    Step 3: CHL's turn rights into privileges. Time to knock this crap off!!!
    Step 4: Background checks are unconstitutional, and useless expense. Stop supporting it, and start opposing it.
    Step 5: Knock of the "hunter's rights" BS. No more Zumbos!!!

This will get you started!!!

First off slick, I am not whining.

Secondly, I got started some time ago, but thanks. All your listed steps are great points and correct positions and I have been 10-98 with that message for some time, again thanks for the suggestion though.

The point of "beating this horse to death, again" is not that you and I don't get it, but that a massive number of American gun-owners are also NRA members and THEY don't get it.

NRA is driving the bus with them and it is headed for a bad place. The point of this "dead horse abuse" is to try to wake up some to the reality of the NRA, not the image they portray, or the reputation they enjoy among most gun-owners.

The NRA has set themselves up to "manage" and "direct" the relationship between American gun-owners and the government. They are not "managing" or "directing" anything but the gradual infringement of Amendment II and turning the meaning of the 2A into something that "protects" hunting, shooting sports, target shooting and government approved and regulated self defense.

Don't know about you, but the Second Amendment that the NRA is "defending" looks nothing like the Amendment II that I know, or the one that is in our constitution.

The real Amendment II prohibits government from infringing on the RTKBA. It also provides that citizens can own the same, or similar, personal weapons as those in use by the military. That would include modern fully automatic weapons and semi-automatic firearms, commonly refered to as "assault weapons", all without restriction and infringement by the government. Finally, the real Amendment II has the very real and express purpose of providing the means for American Citizens to resist tyranny in government, period.

The one that the NRA promotes and defends shies away from that issue like the plague.

That is why I continue to whack this old dead stinking horse.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK... whack away, then, soldier. It seems you get it!!!!
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen;
    You two are on the same page..believe it or not.

The NRA thing is for the FNGs coming along..that is why there were no replies over here.
    We mainly get the people that are capable of thinking outside the box that is constructed by the media, Elites, and big business..so an occasional foray over to General is instructive.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of us who get it, and have gotten it for a very long time - decades in fact.

Maybe some of us just don't feel the need to tell those who don't get it that they are traitors or stupid.

Maybe they are just uninformed or mistaken, but that is not an acceptable concept for some.

Right HB?

Everyone else is stupid and a traitor to the country, right?
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    At what point in a situation that is quickly heading downhill do we stop being `nice' ?

When exactly do we start calling a spade a spade..that those willfully blind are helping bring about the end of the greatest experiment ever tried ?
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Yep, Highball is right, you are a stalker.
  • Options
    dan55362dan55362 Member Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me help you get the word out.

quote:Originally posted by lt496

The link below has some very interesting reading about the NRA and some of their gun-control and "questionable" actions. This is a group of links to articles on issues and stances taken by NRA that shine some light on them, the most recent being in 2004.

My point is that if you have shown yourself to be for gun-control, then who cares what other actions you take. You are either for Amendment II as written, or you are not. Nothing you say can change what you have done and continue to do, period.

It is patently obvious that the NRA views Amendment II as something different than I do. The NRA is fine with "infringements" and government regulations on an American Citizen's RTKBA. Hell, they supported, authored and/or pushed through most of the "infringements" that we are saddled with today.

Let the flaming begin.[;)]

quote: Posted - 09/02/2007 : 1:24:43 PM

Let the flaming begin.

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Thanks Dan, very helpful.[:D]
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    sigh..........someone kinda help me sort this one out......i have chemo head these days
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just move along....[8D]