In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Those who have left us....why?

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
I was gone for quite some time. I have returned within the past few months and noticed that an awful lot of good people are gone. I want to know why. I was just reading the "Ronnie Perkins" thread and it got me going. Where's faldum to name just one.

If you know anything about any of these fine "former" members, name 'em and tell where/why they have left us.

I would like to see them return.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have watched a LOT of members come and go jp.
    Most I miss, some I don't. [;)]
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    would I be missed? [:I]
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think most of it is just burnout...especially for those who dwell mostly on the gun rights board....

same thing happens on the politics board
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi to you JP
    Hi guys
    After writing thousands of letters to corrupt Senators , reps and bureaucrats that could care less about any of us . I have been doing it since the 1968 gun laws were enacted . It was bad then it is real bad now. Most don't even reply , DemocRATS never reply.
    We gun fokes set back and say not a thing and they are wining . One bit at a time . They have brain washed five generations of children ,run the schools in to the ground. The Clintons left us with two generations of children that don't know what the definition of sex is or what they are doing. It's becoming a world of dumb *'s .
    After awhile we run out of steam and have a need to regroup . Burned out. Eyes get sore from reading the same crap day after day.
    Did I miss anything?[8D][8D]
    A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.

NRA write your Rep. will save a stamp
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/home/
    GOA
    http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm

Edited so as not to stretch the post.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    By definition, strong Second Amendment supporters are men of action.

Words do not come easy for them. They grow weary of yadayadayada...they want to end the problem...RIGHT NOW.

Being intelligent...they realize that the time is not right. To prevent themselves from being burned up..and out...I think they go back to their lives.
    I believe that they wait, now...everything being said that needs to be said.

Some few of us continue to use words to attempt to win the last few strong men to the Constitution and Bill of Rights..and perhaps it is us that aren't thinking clearly about the matter.
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been reading this forum for a couple of years now. At first, I couldn't believe that the extreme opinions of some of the members could possibly be right... I was wrong. We are facing a government of power-seeking elites who care only for that power. Gun owners are a thorn in their side and they will, with their lackeys in the media, portray us as weak minded, violent fools who need to be disarmed. We are facing jail, confiscation and boots at the door in our lifetime.

How are you preparing?
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    I don't know about that. What would be the reasoning behind it? I mean, c'mon, anyone who thinks they could successfully implement such a regime in the United States has to had been smoking crack or something. I know that a significant percentage of gun owners won't even flinch and give it up as a hobby, but there'll be still plenty left to make it hard to impossible and most likely turn it into something ugly. I just don't buy that those at power are that stupid, but nothing would surprise me anymore. This struggle has been going on for decades, and people haven't learned a G.D.-ed thing on both sides of the argument, so maybe it'll come to it.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot

How are you preparing?

steel-core ammo.....lots of it [}:)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot

How are you preparing?

steel-core ammo.....lots of it [}:)]

Know where a fellow shooter can pick some up? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I don't have a crystal ball, so I don't know what will happen and when. You're probably right, but I really doubt that'll happen in our lifetime, we'll see. Next decade or so will show.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:and people haven't learned a G.D.-ed thing on both sides of the argument, so maybe it'll come to it.
    I am a bit curious as to what I am supposed to have 'learned' from the debate ?

What I HAVE learned is that we face a determined, vicious enemy...one absolutely committed to servitude for the masses of civilians in this country...thence they have the entire world.

You seem to have rejected that position.so perhaps you could enlighten us unwashed masses as to your epiphany ?
    Bluntly.what exactly was I supposed to have `learned'..??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:and people haven't learned a G.D.-ed thing on both sides of the argument, so maybe it'll come to it.
    I am a bit curious as to what I am supposed to have 'learned' from the debate ?

What I HAVE learned is that we face a determined, vicious enemy...one absolutely committed to servitude for the masses of civilians in this country...thence they have the entire world.

You seem to have rejected that position.so perhaps you could enlighten us unwashed masses as to your epiphany ?
    Bluntly.what exactly was I supposed to have `learned'..??

There's your answer to your question. How many people, even on your side of your argument, have the same opinion? These forums are really good answer to it too.

(I haven't rejected anything, Highball, however I constantly scan what's going on around me and review my perception of the world. But let's not talk about me here, this is an exchange of ideas, not a political forum where in order to win an argument you opponents launch feces at each other.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AHH..I see.
    Let me explain my position, here.
    The hour is late. The time could be very close.

Even if it isn't..it SURE is time to make a decision.
    Either you support the Beast...or you don't. Matters little to me..this country is full of Beast supporters...and a few that do not.

My arguments are purely designed to force people into one camp...or the other. I earnestly desire that people, just ONCE in their life..look at themselves in the mirror and decide if this thing we call Freedom is worth fighting over.
    Not the Beast sending troops overseas to fight for 'American Freedom'...REAL Freedom..right here at home.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I understand that, Highball. If the question is about my position -- I've made my decision a long time ago, I'd rather not speak of it in public forums though.

Yeah, after trying to say what I gotta say, I'd rather keep it out of the forums, at least for now.
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jpwolf:

I can explain it in one word!! FRUSTRATION!!! No matter what you do the attacks on the Constitution and our Rights continue. Dealing with the, either incredibly gullible and or stupid, or incredibly misinformed, people whom lend support to such attacks. You can fight the good fight, win a battle, and then find that it was just a delaying action. Here they come again!! And they don't fight fair. They utilize every underhanded, backdoor tactic at their disposal!! They have the advantage as "makers of the law". Corrupt it, twist it, and use it to advance the agenda. A person can only bang their head against a solid object for so long. The pain will require that he take a break sooner or later. ONLY the TRULY COMMITTED will see the NEED to Resume.

Well, I tried, but just can't discount the "FEAR FACTOR"!! Post here and you have put a target on your back. I fully understand why the "family man" and members of our "Elite Military forces" refrain from exercising their 1st Amendment Rights. With the laws/procedures in place NOW, they are better served to keep their mouths shut. Self preservation kicks in and their future can and will only be protected by biting the proverbial bullet. If the Constitution still had meaning, we would be protected from a fear of our government/government reprisals.

OBTW: Since I'm on a roll. Something else I've been thinking about. As many know, I have in the past been in favor of everyone experiencing the opportunity to serve in the Armed Forces. Even advocated a return of the draft. (In my own defense it was to teach discipline and instill pride.) Now the Demorats are working on it. An Anti-military bunch of gun grabbers want to reinstate the draft??? Got me thinking and connecting dots. I have changed my mind. A draft would give Uncle grounds to screen an entire generation(s). Those whom get accepted would ultimately become government drones, while those whom don't would likely be found "MENTALLY" unqualified. The groundwork is being/has been laid. Just another battle to fight when and from whatever hole it pops out of.