In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boycott Jodie Foster and her new Movie

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
This really P's me off. Jodie Foster hates guns. She makes this public information. Then she makes a movie where she protects herself with a gun. Its all about the money.

Check out this link and tell me what you think....

Click Here

Edited to shorten link. [;)]
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    You are right, BS.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With that statement, she went from being among the top on my list of actresses, to root with the others for the slop at the bottom.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a fatlady!!!!

mob.gif
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    This really P's me off. Jodie Foster hates guns. She makes this public information. Then she makes a movie where she protects herself with a gun. Its all about the money.

Check out this link and tell me what you think....

Click Here

Edited to shorten link. [;)]

\I agree with your attitude, but it is easier and smarter to go see movies we want and still make sure the movie we don't agree with doesn't get our money. Just go to one of the threaters that shows several movies at a time, buy a ticket for a movie you do support, and then just go into and see the movie you don't support. Problem solved

In addition, it is probably more productive to just make a lot of noise and threats about how you refuse to spend your money at anti-gun movies, stores, etc., than it is to actually refuse to spend your money there. If you are careful, no one can track the fact that you are indeed spending your money where you claimed you would not. But at the same time hopefully you have caused some worry in the minds of the greedy bast@rds and that alone might cause them to alter their behavior.

In addition to all that, it is a hell of a lot easier to get support from others if you do it the way I described above as opposed to having them possible "suffer" along with you by going without something.

JMHO
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr fox - I could give a RATS * about Jodie Foster or going to see her movie. The point is, this person is a HYPOCRITE ! She is the same piece of crap as Sigourney Weaver that starred in the movie Aliens. These people make mountains of money from a product or idea (i.e. - GUNS) that they do not endorse.

By the way, you gave the idea of going to movies way too much thought.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw it last night. It surely was not an anti-gun propoganda movie. I have her body count at 7 (6 with Kahr 9 and 1 with crowbar). Will probably encourage more wimmins to buy guns or crowbars.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCorvers
    Saw it last night. It surely was not an anti-gun propoganda movie. I have her body count at 7 (6 with Kahr 9 and 1 with crowbar). Will probably encourage more wimmins to buy guns or crowbars.[:D]

Interesting and informative post. But watch out as nyforester may accuse you of "Giving movies too much thought." IT appears he has just learned that many people in the world are hypocrits.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    TR,
    I know you THINK you are quite a smart guy, but obviously you pay NO attention to details. NY NEVER said she made a anti-gun movie, he said she is vocally anti gun and makes movies to which her character uses guns. Same as ol' Arnie. Pay attention to what people say in these discussions and you may not run around with so much egg on your face.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What surprised me is that she kissed a man, what with her being a *.[:D]
    As I told my wife, the best movie she ever made was Bad News Bears.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    TR,
    I know you THINK you are quite a smart guy, but obviously you pay NO attention to details. NY NEVER said she made a anti-gun movie, he said she is vocally anti gun and makes movies to which her character uses guns. Same as ol' Arnie. Pay attention to what people say in these discussions and you may not run around with so much egg on your face.

Geez! You have me confused with someone who gives a rat's * about what you think. In addition, what are you anyway? A self-appointed defender of people that you apparently believe can't speak for themselves?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Geez! You have me confused with someone who gives a rat's * about what you think. In addition, what are you anyway? A self-appointed defender of people that you apparently believe can't speak for themselves?

No, I am not defending him, merely pointing out the turd in the punch bowl.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Right back at ya' loser.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I have a dream....
    My dream involves trying to find SOME way so that strong, independently thinking men that will fight on the same side don't kill each other leading up TO that fight..to the delight of the scurrilous trash that is working to destroy America.

Men will disagree..and independent men will disagree violently, at times.
    There ought to be an underlying thread of respect somewhere in that disagreement, I should think...
    Just wishful thinking, on my part..I understand.
    Some of the most vicious, hateful attacks occur on those of us strongly supporting the Second Amendment..there being absolutely no respect of ANY sort contained within those attacks.
    There is no good answer, I expect..because there is no compromise left in some of us.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, wife and I saw the movie last night. I am still in a state of shock. It is the most Hollywood pro-gun show I have EVER seen. Yeah, overall, I mean it.

So it looks like an argument got started maybe for no reason. So for anyone here who I argued with or otherwise offended I am quite willing to stand down. This includes you, freemind.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No offense taken TR.
  • Options
    HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCorvers
    What surprised me is that she kissed a man, what with her being a *.[:D]
    As I told my wife, the best movie she ever made was Bad News Bears.
    Your thinking of Tatum O'neal.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tatum O'Neal is a carpet-muncher? That's hot. [:D]

I went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum this weekend. I have really enjoyed that series as they have employed just about every model of SigSauer 9mm at one point or another.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I boycott everything from the movie and music industry. Regardless of the individual film makers personal opinions, the industry is extremely liberal and anti-gun. Not to mention that the money goes right to Kalifornia. [:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tatum O'Neal, Jody Foster.....same difference.[:D] Either one would look good on a pinball machine.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    No offense taken TR.

Your're a good and honest man.
  • Options
    The DutchmanThe Dutchman Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do so many people pay attention to actors/actress' views? Think about it. People who "pretend" for a living are suddenly experts? Sad testament to the degraded state of American culture.
  • Options
    modtodd82modtodd82 Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree witht the Dutchman, these celebs think they are Gods gift to us poor uncivilized wretches........the thing is though they are so out of touch with reality & morality, they cant possibly influence a person that who has common sense & inteligence. I say ship them all off to the Islamo-facist countries and lets see how long before they are wearing burka's & towels on their head's. Or maybe their heads wont be connected for long.[:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by The Dutchman
    Why do so many people pay attention to actors/actress' views? Think about it. People who "pretend" for a living are suddenly experts? Sad testament to the degraded state of American culture.
    They are admired by the 50% or so of the useful idiots in this country, who are mostly but not necessarily liberal, democrat, and stupid. Hollywoody types are the "Royals" that we do not have that are admired by many in places such as England. What are "Royals" anyway, but the heirs of the most badass cruel murdering scum of the ancient times who took power and passed it on to their heirs. Its just that in England everyone pays for their lavish lifestyle and privelege thru high taxes and live in tiny huts with antique plumbing , while here people pay out the ying-yang to see their idols pretend to be what they are not for ridiculous amounts of money, allowing them to live like "royals". I don't go to movies.
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the Dutchman: Amen. I teach high school and I am always amazed at how many kids, and now their "Dr. Phil" generation of parents, live vicariously through others, in other words, television and movies. It is gospel to them and a tough job trying to debamboozle them of all the nonsense the anti-gun media spews out as well as these really dense and not so bright "stars." I have boycotted the movies of the commie-libs for years.
  • Options
    johnnysdad01johnnysdad01 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lot of stuff to agree with here.

And, Highball, thanks for the common sense - I don't write much on the forums, but maybe I need to start. I'm assuming that anyone here fits the following:

people who believe that owning and becoming proficient in firearms is one of the prerequisites for earning and keeping our freedom as spelled out in The Constitution of the United States.

That being said - let's find way to keep getting along.

I think it's a mistake not seeing movies that might help form the opinions of our young (or loved ones, friends, etc.). If we try to "debamboozle" our youth (I am changing careers at age 52 and start substitute teaching next Monday while I finish my teaching certification for High School Math), we won't have the credibility to be effective if we don't really understand where the BS ideas are coming from.

Also, especially if you are talking about an anti-gun movie (I understand that Foster's movie is contrary to her beliefs - thanks for making it, Jody - I'll certainly rent it), I believe that most military strategists would agree that the chances of winning a battle or war are based at least in part on how well you know your enemy. Some big percentage of voters believe in everything Dr. Phil and Hillary Clinton tell them. What they and their friends say can't be ignored if we are to refute the BS.

Of course, all above, IMHO,
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Johnnysdad01'
    Thank you for the kind words...and most welcome to the fire. Drag up a stump and set a spell with us.
    Now;
    quote:people who believe that owning and becoming proficient in firearms is one of the prerequisites for earning and keeping our freedom as spelled out in The Constitution of the United States.
    Please don't kid yourself. There are MANY gun owners on this forum..over on General, mainly..that will turn in their guns if ordered to do so by the govenment.
    There are MANY more that agree with most of the gun control we have today.
    These, sadly, are GUN owners..the people one would expect to take personally overweening governmental controls.
    These people are perfectly comfortable begging for permission..rather then DEMANDING their Rights.
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Johnnysdad01'
    Please don't kid yourself. There are MANY gun owners on this forum..over on General, mainly..that will turn in their guns if ordered to do so by the govenment.
    There are MANY more that agree with most of the gun control we have today.
    These, sadly, are GUN owners..the people one would expect to take personally overweening governmental controls.
    These people are perfectly comfortable begging for permission..rather then DEMANDING their Rights.

DITTO!! Well Said.

Edited because it stretched the page.
  • Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:tr fox - I could give a RATS * about Jodie Foster or going to see her movie. The point is, this person is a HYPOCRITE ! She is the same piece of crap as Sigourney Weaver that starred in the movie Aliens. These people make mountains of money from a product or idea (i.e. - GUNS) that they do not endorse.

Better add Sean Penn to your list also!

You guys are great!
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    When I was 18 I got hired on to be a welder. Well they didn't give us very good wirefeed guns and they would always jam. I would get mad and bang the head of the gun roughly to get it to feed agian. Then this old guy from Fiji that worked with me grabbed my hand when I banged it and told me nicely to stop. He then asked me why I would bang the hell out of the thing that puts food in my mouth? I've remebered it ever since and am not rough on stuff at work anymore.

This reminded me of that.