In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A noticeable change

RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
I've been observing a certain change in the way people perceive the current situation, or situations even. Many, who never been interested in owning a gun, bought a firearm, many of the people I know are becoming less apathetic to what's going on. Does anyone else see it or am I daydreaming and it's all just wishful thinking?

Comments

• Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I think there is some change for the better, but I don't think it's enough to make much difference yet. We've gotta keep working on them.

btw, Rock, that's a great signature line.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302
    Yes, I think there is some change for the better, but I don't think it's enough to make much difference yet. We've gotta keep working on them.

It's hard to impossible to get anyone out of their catatonic state or get them to think outside of the indoctrination that's been pounded into their feeble minds. I spent some time observing a group of immigrants from ex-USSR -- it's a great example of what propaganda and brainwashing can do ones ability to think rationally and independently, but that's a whole different subject.

Thanks. I have a signature?
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People are rescinding their approval in droves every single day, and we never know it, because their disapproval is not as vocal as ours.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    great way to put it GF. I agree. We are more vocal re: our disapproval, but the approval of the way things have developed is having the more intelligent of those left of us rethinking their positions.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

It's hard to impossible to get anyone out of their catatonic state or get them to think outside of the indoctrination that's been pounded into their feeble minds. I spent some time observing a group of immigrants from ex-USSR -- it's a great example of what propaganda and brainwashing can do ones ability to think rationally and independently, but that's a whole different subject.

Thanks. I have a signature?

Yeah, it says
    quote:Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    for those who have signatures turned off.

What I've seen that is encouraging to me is that more of my friends and family have begun to take on the responsibility of their own protection, i.e., CCW. I think they're demonstrating a growing lack of trust in the gummint's promises to us.
  • Options
    Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rockatansky:

Nothing could be better than a national resurgence of firearms ownership and the acceptance of the personal responsibilities that come hand-in-hand with ownership. The downside of it, as I see it, is the fact that we are allowing the government to dictate, and collect fees, in exchange for the opportunity to exercise that right and responsibility!!! There are portions (metro, urban and entire states) of this country that are getting away with dictating the level of rights that the rest of the country is Allowed to exercise. And here I am NOT ONLY referring to the 2nd Amendment!! I have addressed the phenomenon of the Oligarchic Republic (Rule, of the majority, by the minority, with Brazil being a very good example) AND the threat of Hierarchy Rule, (Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton as a glaring and undeniable example of continued success). I ask, when will the majority become aware of, AND outraged enough to take the political action required to reverse this trend???

I think you have discovered that on this thread, as the title implies, the "Theme and Objective" of most posters is to expose hypocrisy of a government (and others) that claim to "Support and Defend" the Constitution of the United States and The Bill Of Rights, as originally written, while they continue to pass/support Unconstitutional Laws. I watch and listen to floor debates (House and Senate) every day and the more I hear the more I'm convinced they are all in need of a good enema. Especially (although not exclusively) the Democratic Leadership!! Do they take us all for complete idiots?? Until the majority in this country wakes up and sees the light, the situation, while presently acceptable to some, will finally reach the point at which even they find it unacceptable. My fear is that by that time it will be too late for a political solution. God help us all then, and I hope that day never has to comes!! I am confident that there IS a percentage of this population that will refuse to rollover and accept what we're headed for right now.