In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Know about this?

788-308788-308 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
Beware of your doctors and pediatricians - they're going after your gun rights!

From the national health care informational conference sponsored by Harvard Medical School:

The federal Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act.
The federal law applies to individuals who have been "adjudicated as a mental defective or have been committed to any mental institution" (27 C.F.R ? 178.11). The applicable regulations define the term "adjudicated as a mental defective" to include:
? Individuals who as a result of mental illness are a danger to themselves or others; or
? Individuals who lack the mental capacity to contract or manage their own affairs; or
? Individuals found to be insane by a court in a criminal case (i.e, not guilty by reason of insanity or not criminally responsible or other such equivalent finding).
The regulations specifically exclude individuals who receive care in a mental institution on a voluntary basis and do not address the need to report individuals who are suspect. Our goal is to obtain legislation requiring all suspect persons to be reported directly by the immediate contact person via the FBI NCIC (National Crime Information Center). "Immediate contact person" would include any heath care worker in either the mental or medical community including private practice. Our ultimate goal is to not only allow, but require, all public service workers regardless of their agency or position to immediately report suspect persons.

Suspect persons are best identified through casual conversation with a series of subliminal questions listed in attachment six. These questions are designed to extract an overview of the person's mental status and make a rapid determination of their mental stability without the need for extended testing. Section A of attachment six is for adults while section B contains questions to be addressed to children. You should pay particular attention to those persons who are pre-screened as suspect by the normal pre-treatment medical questionnaire. Positive indicators of an immediate person of suspect are those who indicate: owning a gun, have sleeping disorders, are unhappy with their employer or employment status, admit to being depressed, members of the armed forces, consume more than two alcoholic drinks in a seven day period, tobacco users with no desire to quit, employment in a high stress environment, have membership or show support for politically active groups.

From Fox News story:

Using guidance from the American Academy of Pediatricians, doctors are now posing questions such as:

-How do you feel about the way you look?

-Are you worried about friends or family members and how much they drink or do drugs?

-Do you have access to a gun?

-How are you doing in school?

-Do your mom and dad live together?

Anyone who has been through the VA medical system within the last eight weeks has likely gotten one of the "pre-screening" questionnaires. My last appointment was about 5 weeks back and they provided me with one. You need to be extremely careful when you fill these out because one wrong answer can put not only your gun rights at risk but many other things like your parental rights and driver's license too. You must also drill your children to no give the wrong answers to questioning posed at the school or pediatrician because their answer can directly affect your rights too. There are currently 86,000+ active and former members of the armed forces identified as being "suspect" and are prevented from purchasing a firearm of any kind.

Check out the link also

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301040,00.html

Comments

• Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    788-308:

"And the beat goes on." Thanks for the "Heads Up". Great post and the link at the bottom, although no surprise, should give many people reason for concern. Go to the doctor's office and next thing you know..

Ever dirty, underhanded, backdoor route/attempt to pull off a complete ban of legal firearm ownership and use can and will be used until one side or the other gives in. The use of "Regulatory Agencies" rather than the Legislative process and now the use of the Medical Community are indicative of the present plan to achieve that total ban. Gun owners vastly outnumber these folks yet; through blind trust and allegiances to lobbyists and misguided/corrupt Politicians, "SOME" continue to support/allow the passage of these compromise bills etc. without a whimper. AND, think they're winning the war being waged to remove their rights. Go Figure.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is exactly one thing that will keep bona-fide sick people from going to the doctors...
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Its a good thing..this information coming from widely different people.
    A continuing drumbeat from the same people is after awhile greeted with a collective yawn.
    At one point in time, I had a file cabinet full of just this sort of 'stuff'..and burned it all a few years ago, in a fit of hopelessness. Seemed that the entire human race was content to jangle on their merry way, dragging the chains of tyranny without a thought in the world...
    I gathered information from all points of the compass, put together a sporadic 'newsletter'..copied on a machine I brought just for that purpose. That first copier had tens of thousands of copies done on it before it died...there reached a point in time that I no longer needed the slightest proof about the ultimate aims of the Elites.

I just want them to move faster.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    I Seemed that the entire human race was content to jangle on their merry way, dragging the chains of tyranny without a thought in the world...

You got that right. People, for the most part, don't care about anything else as long as they are fed.
  • 788-308788-308 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What saddens, sickens, disgusts, pi$$es me off is when you tell someone about this and they are either indifferent, or state that the government would not let this happen to them.
    Showed this to the wife tonight and there was smoke coming out of her ears.
    edited November -1
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel

Court Gives Indiana City Go Ahead to Sue Gun Makers -- 10/31/2007
    http://www.cnsnews.com:80/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200710/CUL20071031a.html

This should be grounds for a sevenfold countersuit!!!!
    edited November -1
    I wonder how long before they go national with this?? It should sell well with SOOO... many.
    Not to mention the ___ (Trying to avoid controversy)

New York City Mayor Bloomberg And Citizens Crime Commission Unveil
    Guns=Prison Public Service Advertising Campaign | All American Patriots
    Click here for link

The next one Stretched my post so just google NYC.gov and look at/for: If your interested.
    PR- 242-07
    July 17, 2007

'Guns = Prison' Campaign in NYC Promotes Bigotry, Group Says -- 11/02/2007
    http://www.cnsnews.com:80/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200711/CUL20071102a.html

Edited to shorten link. [;)]