In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where is this Authorized?....

Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
....IN THE CONSITUTION??

First comes an Executive order to impose Martial Law and now this??? Can you say "POLICE STATE"? IF there is an "08 election, all the ground work will be done for the next one to take Absolute Power at will!!!quote:"New federal legislation shows the Bush administration has begun systematically putting in place authorization for the president to federalize the National Guard and use the U.S. military in domestic emergency situations."In event of emergency ... call out the military?
http://worldnetdaily.com:80/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58728

Comments

• Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bush will not use that power....Hillary will !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Bush will not use that power....Hillary will
    Each succeeding administration has built upon the successes of the previous one...for the 50 years I have known about.

Each administration has gathered more power to themselves...and left less for the people.
    The long range plans of these rotten corrupt slimy suits is coming to fruition..and no decent American is going to enjoy what they have planned for us.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:Bush will not use that power....Hillary will
    Each succeeding administration has built upon the successes of the previous one...for the 50 years I have known about.

Each administration has gathered more power to themselves...and left less for the people.
    The long range plans of these rotten corrupt slimy suits is coming to fruition..and no decent American is going to enjoy what they have planned for us.

+1. True words.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote: IF there is an "08 election, all the ground work will be done for the next one to take Absolute Power at will!!!

It is very obvious what they are doing, but we haven't lost yet.

You said "If" there is an election in '08, and "the next one". I contend that a just as likely scenario than a later pres. taking this power is, a major terrorist attack on U.S. city (since the borders are wide open since '01, yeah I know, confusing, but make sure you keep being scared or none of this works out) bush uses the power, no election.
    Remember, we are just one serious Reichstag Fire away from ......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jpwolf:

Fear seems to be the tool of the trade!! The problem, as I see it, is that it works.

The general public has bought into the theory than the Government will protect them under all situations. When they do ask, (as you know, that's not always the case) it goes something like; "We just need this little infringement (insert any of them here, they seem to have covered all the bases now) on your rights to protect you." And resoundingly they respond with; "Go ahead, I'd rather be safe than FREE, isn't there more you can do?"

Little do they realize just how well the government has set them up for the big fall? The POTUS is no longer the leader of this country. He is merely a puppet with an agenda to follow. The ONLY way to up-set this applecart is to put another George Washington in the White House. A man without strings and a firm belief that the Constitution is more than an "Old Piece Of Hide With Some Writing On It"!!! An "Obsolete Document", as I have also heard it referred too. There is only one of those in the race but, by "General Consensus", he's a wacko tin-foil hat wearing fool. How little they know!!

I fear the terrorist threat. (Real or contrived) You just never know when they'll show up and create havoc again. But, neither does the government!! I also fear home invasion by some crack head. That doesn't mean I'm going to give the "authorities" permission to make sweeps thru my home, invade my privacy at will, just to ensure I'm safe. And I certainly am not expecting a 911-call response to be my "insurance policy".

The shame of it all; I fear the Federal Government and all it's self imposed power, in direct violation of the Constitution and my rights, MORE THAN any of the above!!!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    I fear the Federal Government and all it's self imposed power, in direct violation of the Constitution and my rights, MORE THAN any of the above!!!
    SAD but true. [V]
  • Options
    mark308mark308 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    is this "new" federal regulations the same ones that nixon was having put in place? Its the same story I heard back then. not trying to start a fight. do you think that any president in the past hasnt had the right to declare marshal law or have the gaurd used on the general population? please read your history.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mark308:
    quote:is this "new" federal regulations the same ones that nixon was having put in place? Its the same story I heard back then. not trying to start a fight. do you think that any president in the past hasnt had the right to declare marshal law or have the gaurd used on the general population? please read your history.About as new as any violations of the Constitution. I don't have the time or inclination to argue or debate the subject with you. However, I will tell you this; THIS President has GIVEN HIMSELF more power to impose martial law, under practically any conceivable circumstance, than any President in history. And he used FEAR of terrorism to do it. And please do some homework before you start giving advice. I used to think there was no such thing as a stupid question but lately I'm getting a headache.

Search Results (v2):
    Click here for link

Edited ONLY to shorten link
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wagon Wheel, my friend;
    I appreciate your research and postings of same. I read some..some I do not.
    I have seen all I personally need to see to understand tyranny...and where we are in relation to it.
    You will find that there will come a point in time that education means little for you personally..that we have about all we are going to get, in this country.
    You can lead a horse to water, as the saying goes..but cannot make him drink.
    So it goes with people. Most will NEVER accept anything save official government/media documents as 'gospel'..and the official government documents revealing rampant corruption and power grabs will be dismissed as 'your paranoria showing thru'..they don't REALLY mean what they say...and besides...they haven't done it yet.
    Stupid will be with us till the end times.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball:

Thank you my friend. All one can do is wave the lantern and holler. The deaf won't hear but they may see, the dumb won't respond but may react and the blind won't see but they will hear. I'm still optimistic that sooner or later the effort will pay-off. All you can hope for is those not in the above categories will be aroused from their slumber as well and heed the warnings. Three years ago, I was one of those to whom I speak of and, I know, there is nothing worst than someone that has just seen the light. BUT, as I see it right now, there are just FAR to many people, like I was, that have NO IDEA how completely they been sold-out by, betrayed by, and lied to about it by, the Federal Government!! The level of corruption and deceit is staggering. Now I understand why we prop up the foreign heads of government that we do!! It took 3 years of research, and a daily vigile but it's all become clear to me now. The MSM supports the lies and deception and in NO WAY will the 2008 election be allowed to go the way of the people without a fight!!! The media, and those that control it, still thinks they can select the next POTUS with skewed polls and selective face time with their candidate's supporters and giving the overall opinion that their candidate(s) are the winning nation-wide. Wanna be a winner.. vote for one of these two. No one else has a chance!!! I'm sick of it and the people that buy it!! I'm on board with the Ron Paul REVOLUTION (his OVERALL platform) and any thinking American would be also IF they set aside the media bias and looked into his platform and why it is what it is. I firmly believe that IF it happens, the 2008 election will be the defining moment for the future of this country. The alternative would as well. My real passion is politics and as much as I hated to go to the politics board I needed a place to vent my frustration. I only hope my lantern waving will get some attention.

To keep it legal over here, not that I've had any problems, (it's more of an excuse) I'd like to add this truly sad endorsement if you haven't seen it yet. The only candidate I can say that actually DEFENDS THE 2nd Amendment isn't even considered?? During the debate, when asked about firearms ownership, McCain - 0, Thompson - (I forget exactly) I think he said a shotgun, Romney- 0 but his son has 2 (I believe shotguns), Giuliani - I don't think they ask him, and Huckabee has 1, a dbl 20 that was his dads'. No one else got the question to my knowledge. However, NOT A SINGLE HAND GUN IN THE BUNCH that did!!! Any questions fellas???
    http://www.nrapublications.org/celebration/default.asp
    Time to pull memberships from them???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wagon Wheel;
    Below is the e-mail a friend of mine sent the NRA after I relayed
    your information..and I went and looked. A former staunch supporter of the NRA..until a year or so ago. A thoughtful fellow, he refused to believe me about the NRA..till he researched them himself.
    He was a bit angry, I think..generally takes more time with sentence structure, ect...
    just another decent Citizen getting REAL tired of being sold out by empty men in thousand dollar suits...
    quote:Nothing! Not one single search found for Ron Paul on your entire website, pro 2nd Amendment, pro Constitutionalist, pro American.

You * at the NRA know that if Ron Paul is elected, the Constitution will be defended and people won't need to send you leeches one thin dime. You know damn well that if you get someone like Clinton elected you all stand to make millions!

What a sorry bunch of hypocrites you people are! Perhaps the most un-American of all groups! Liars, one and all!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wagon Wheel,

Keep waving the lantern and hollering.
    YOU woke up because someone else was doing it.
    Now you can help others wake up.
    At this point, it's the best we can do.

I know you will. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball:

That cracked me up. I wish everyone would do the Same Thing!!! Glad I could help.

pickenup:

It all started when I got a computer and found out how much information there is hanging out in cyberspace. Then I found this forum. I Thank you and Highball and everyone else that posted here then and since. I got my roots back.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Wagon Wheel,

You are not alone in your awareness. We may be a minority, but we are here and we ARE awake.

Once in awhile someone opens their eyes just a bit. When that happens, given the right circumstances and access to information, we add another to the list of aware Americans.

Keep the lanterns burning. Keep shouting the message. Most will sneer and turn away. A few will not. That alone is worth the effort, despite the frustration.