In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why aren't you fighting?

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think this is the necessary sequel to the "Would you fight?" thread. Many of the things that people have said would make them fight have already come to pass. So why aren't we fighting?

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Lack of leadership? Organization?
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    We Americans are a funny lot.
    Willing to live..and let live..we have to be crowded up in a corner to fight, anymore..the Spirit of the Rebellion being dimmed over the ages.
    As long as our Masters allow us the illusion of freedom, we mostly are content to remain behind the plow..faithfully performing our daily tasks peacefully...

Thusly, I promote getting out of the rotten political process..alowing our Masters their OWN illusion..that EVERYBODY is a whipped-down servant of the Elites...so that they will hurry along their Master Plan for us all...
    There can be no success of a freedom movement unless ALL the 3% joins..and they will NOT join without a clearly defined,bold, total infringment of some basic Right..
    Crawling on their bellies to buy guns hasn't been enough yet..besides, I think I am the ONLY guy that has ever called that out...
    I have high hopes for the future.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't answer to this....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What..you want the brutal truth ?

We..to a man..are cowards ?
    Seeking the security of bunches, to do what we know is right ?

Are we..those smarting under the whip..more cowardly then those that arn't smart enough to even RECOGNIZE that they are being whipped....????
    Some things are really, really, ugly......
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    I think this is the necessary sequel to the "Would you fight?" thread. Many of the things that people have said would make them fight have already come to pass. So why aren't we fighting?

Because we all like our indoor plumbing, electicity, color TV, steaks on the BBQ, weekends to play, beer and cigarettes, and most of all.......family.

Are you ready to give it all up for the inconvenience of having to file a few papers, or not being able to buy a certain gun ??????

I will just "crawl on my belly" just like all of you, until it gets so bad that you either have to die or fight. The Gov knows this all to well.

The fact is, we all have it pretty good here in the USA. Is it perfect ????? NO- nothing is. Am I happy about it ? NO. Am I going to risk all the above ameneties for jail, or at best death over gun laws ? No and neither are you at least right now !

Try living in Afganastan, because thats what it could be like for a while if and when a government overthrow develops.

We are not fighting because its just not bad enough yet and we as Americans are tolerating the stealing of our Constitutional Rights.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    NY, I disagree. The reason we don't fight is simple. Freedom is not high enough on a scale now, to make people WANT to fight. Most people see no need to fight when we are infringed upon, because frankly, freedom at this point isn't WORTH fighting for(In their minds).

People at this point do not look to the "greater good". Incrementally we lose generation by generation, so not much loss is felt. Bring Mr. Jefferson or Mr. Franklin to today's world, and all hell would break loose.

It is all about priorities. Not many prioritize as some of us do.

1. God
    2. Country
    3. Family
    4. Work, and "stuff" we have.

Would I put the good of the country AHEAD of family? You bet, without a second thought. More will feel this way someday, given more loss of freedom and their hard earned wealth. See, IMO, without the first two, the last two cannot exist.

Maybe it's just me, who knows.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think both of you are right. I think nyforester expresses the mindset of many on this forum, the "enlightened" if you will. Perhaps we are cowards, like Highball says, or perhaps we know the odds and don't wish to futily give up our lives and livlihood, so we choose to live under the jackboot of tyranny, albeit rather comfortably.

As for the bewildered herd out there, I think freemind has it summed up about right. Most of the sheeple don't even know how to quantify "freedom", let alone fight for it. To them, freedom has been diluted and perverted to mean that they have a right to burn a flag, urinate on a crucifix, and watch two men fornicate.

Indeed their priorities are in the exact reverse order of what you have listed, freemind. And, for most, I doubt God even makes it onto their list.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Wow! WW, you have written a very nice summation.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf

What happened at Ruby Ridge? Waco, TX? Happening now to Browns? And what is the public reaction to all of these and other cases? That's right, they deserved what came to them because The Government is always right.

Did you know, that Koresh and his family were killed because they were an evil cult? That's the perception 99% of people believe. And so on. C'mon, read the threads about Browns, just read GD forum for a day. You, or we, those who somehow somewhere believe for some reason that Founding Fathers had it right are a dying breed.

There is a great paper, though unrelated to the subject, - "Dual Allegiance Harms Immigration Reform and Patriotic Assimilation".

Just made me think of this because immigrants who came here in the last 30-50 years for the most part aren't Americans, they never accepted the principles, they don't give a hoot about the Constitution, but think they are entitled to something, something like turning this country to something alike theirs. I am not saying it's the only factor, it's one among many. I've had some people comment on this paper that it's all bull and there's no such thing as American, it's all immigrant. Now, I've read somewhere, don't remember where and am too lazy to search through my bookmarks right now, that American as a nation is quite different from the rest, it's the nation where people are united by the same ideology and not nationality, skin color, food they eat, or car they drive. When this principle is lost and is not taught anymore, there's no more "American", there's only a country of tribes, similar to the pre-civilization european barbarian tribes, only better equipped technologically. So, this where we're at or at least headed to, and unless a good portion of Americans unite and stand up to this -- any fighting is futile.

Highball says we need 3%, I say it's a lot more if you count off of 300 million souls that are supposedly on this soil. Why? Simply because maybe half can be regarded as Americans. (If you don't believe me, check the immigration stats yourself, and then talk to some, there're plenty of forums out there) Not to mention people like HobbyGuy, do you know how many of them are out there? I'd say another 2/3. And so on.

Anyways, I didn't intend to sound all doom and gloom, but to me this is just the reality. Life goes on, and eventually, like in any history, everything comes down to some sort of resolution. We're nearing ours, our lifetime or not, who knows, the speed at which thing develop nowadays, it might as well be soon enough for many of us to witness.

Add: and how can we get united if personal ambition is what matters the most to most?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind and Wolf make some very good points - thank you.

One thing is for sure, We The People of The United States of America are buying a crap ton of guns and ammo. For instance, I read that Stag Arms is gearing up to sell 3 times the volume in 2008. (Now thats just one gun maker.)

Kinda makes me feel good that we are so heavily fortified. Keep buying guns and ammo - and I don't mean the magazine !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

Freemind and Wolf make some very good points - thank you.

One thing is for sure, We The People of The United States of America are buying a crap ton of guns and ammo. For instance, I read that Stag Arms is gearing up to sell 3 times the volume in 2008. (Now thats just one gun maker.)

Kinda makes me feel good that we are so heavily fortified. Keep buying guns and ammo - and I don't mean the magazine !

NY,
    I agree it IS a good thing people ARE buying arms.
    However, I hope those people LEARN to shoot them, not just "collect" them.
    I ALSO hope those same people never EVER become willing to give them up to a tyranny, because THEY said to.

One can hope I suppose.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One other consideration.
    Why should I put my life on the line for the garbage that lives in this country ?
    Most are comfortable wearing chains..Freedom would be devastating to them.
    there are tens of millions drawing a check from the govenment.
    Which of you guys wants to pick up the slack for those tens of millions of deadbeats out there ?
    As bad as things are, the weight of taking the country back as of right this moment is outweighed by the negatives..

Lacking a major mistake by those in power..nation-wide gun bans, ect..ther will be no possibility of redemption at all.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    One other consideration.
    Why should I put my life on the line for the garbage that lives in this country ?

You're preaching to the choir here. I won't be helping them. I'll be too busy to care.

True... true...

Which of you guys wants to pick up the slack for those tens of millions of deadbeats out there ?

The hell with them. They made their bed, they can lay in it.

As bad as things are, the weight of taking the country back as of right this moment is outweighed by the negatives..

Well, one day, the negatives may be equal or greater than for not taking it back. By that time, it will be too late.

Lacking a major mistake by those in power..nation-wide gun bans, ect..ther will be no possibility of redemption at all.

I know how you feel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One other consideration.
    Which of you guys wants to pick up the slack for those tens of millions of deadbeats out there ?As bad as things are, the weight of taking the country back as of right this moment is outweighed by the negatives..

After the dust settles, this whole issue of Gov't wiping peoples' *'s has got to be abolished ! If you can't take care of yourself - to frickin' bad ! Plant a garden and get a fishing pole !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

After the dust settles, this whole issue of Gov't wiping peoples' *'s has got to be abolished ! If you can't take care of yourself - to frickin' bad ! Plant a garden and get a fishing pole !

+100
    If in your stuggle for freedom, one cannot care for yourself, beg for charity I guess. Freedom to FAIL or freedom to SUCEED it is ones OWN choice. The handout GARBAGE needs to be abolished NOW.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In our past, and not necessarily that far gone,......"charity" was done just that way.
    Family took care of family, the churches raised money from folks that wanted to donate for a cause. Neighbors also helped one another if there was a TRUE need.
    Why is it now, that the government wishes to be the "end all", for everyones needs, and why are we shocked that many have lost the willingness to be responsible for themselves?
    It is all a grand plan!
    What Reagan defeated, will be resurrected in this country, i.e. communism.
    The government is your "family", and you turn to them to suck on the teet for what you need, and want.
    ALL,....."deserve" the same things, and no one can harbor any feelings about the invading races, without the worry of being charged with a "hate crime".
    I am as guilty as ALL of you,.......for now, I choose to continue to eat my steaks, and live my fairly "pleasant" life, oblivious to the loss of our own Constitution.
    I AM NOT oblivious to the loss, but am honest enough to admit, I am not ready to end my life for what is taking place.
    A major event will be needed, for a mass action to happen.
    The politicians are NOT that stupid,.........it will be a very slow bleeding death, and the switch will take place before you even realize what happened.[}:)][:(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree with you Marc...
    The answer is to stock pile now so that when it happens, you will be able to at least defend yourself and family.

I forgot to add this one item to the above list I started regarding things we all do not want to give up...............

A HOT SHOWER !!
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    **Why should I put my life on the line for the garbage that lives in this country ?**

Not a question which needs an answer. You'll never put anything on the line...except maybe on the lines of a message board. You're a member of the 101st Chairborne Keyboard Kommandos. LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:triple223tap
    Starting Member

Afghanistan
    21 Posts
    Posted - 10/30/2007 : 9:02:27 PM

**Why should I put my life on the line for the garbage that lives in this country ?**

Not a question which needs an answer. You'll never put anything on the line...except maybe on the lines of a message board. You're a member of the 101st Chairborne Keyboard Kommandos. LOL!!!
    Assuming that you actually ARE 'over there'..let us see if you have the courage to fight for REAL freedom..when you get back here to the States.
    Assuming that 'freedom' means anything beyond what you have been spoon-fed by people interested in reaping the profits of your prostitution.
    Let us see if you have the courage to protest belly crawling up to an empty suit to buy a gun...or build a dog house in your back-yard.

We ar going to assume that you are young, and make allowances forit...I to was ignorant many years ago...before I realized that I TOO was prostituted out for the profit of a few men.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Before you ask others to say why they aren't fighting, why don't you answer the question yourself?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    **Assuming that you actually ARE 'over there'..let us see if you have the courage to fight for REAL freedom..**

Do tell us all about YOUR courage.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by triple223tap
    **Assuming that you actually ARE 'over there'..let us see if you have the courage to fight for REAL freedom..**

Do tell us all about YOUR courage, lowballs.

you are just another troll, triple tapped a.. [:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is always instructive...to witness the personal attacks that so many want to advance.
    Either unable to muster an argument, or in agreement with the other side and unwilling to admit it, they seem to feel that by destroying someone personally, they have destroyed the thought procceses and validity of the ideas expressed by their target.

They don't understand reality. The ONLY people that works with is shallow followers...such as themselves. Naturally...being unable to fashion a thought of their own..they are obliged to,like a sponge, absorb 'thought' from some other source.
    The truly unfortunate thing is..typically, they get their 'thoughts' from mainline sources. The Media, the Government, big organizations.

Someone intelligent enough to actually THINK will listen to EVERYBODY...and sift what is said through a logical process that escapes the followers.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Someone intelligent enough to actually THINK will listen to EVERYBODY...and sift what is said through a logical process that escapes the followers.

its a horrible gift...

I would rather be blissfully stupid, its working pretty good for our country. [xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1

truthfully, what kind of individual makes a remark like this... Seriously this kid isnt in the damn service, he is on his grandmas pc lookin up a tech nine. I would imagine one realizes that the true greatness of America is that one can be so different from another.

So dude, does your grandma got a dell?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    **you are just another troll, triple tapped a.. **

This from someone who calls himself kyplumber...guess what he's got on his mind?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:kyplumber

USA
    2189 Posts
    Posted - 11/02/2007 : 08:45:50 AM

quote:
    Originally posted by Highball

its a horrible gift...

I would rather be blissfully stupid, its working pretty good for our country.

Yes, indeed, good friend..those are precisely the same words I have used, time to time.

The good Lord has seen fit to rip the blinders off your eyes...and there is NO GOING BACK...you are cursed forever with looking for what they REALLY are saying, with their honeyed phrases.
    Add to the terrible truth..it really ISN'T working for this country...just keeps the stupid happy, is all...and allows them to attack aware people at will with effluent from their trite little minds.
    You MUST grow to the point that what they say means NOTHING...save as a vehicle YOU use to futher your/our points.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Yes, indeed, good friend..those are precisely the same words I have used, time to time."

So, highball, you're kyplumber's buddy. Are you his naughty kyreceiver?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Yes, indeed, good friend..those are precisely the same words I have used, time to time."

So, highball, you're kyplumber's buddy. Are you his naughty kyreceiver?

the alternative was worse, plumberinky....
  • Options
    The DutchmanThe Dutchman Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    State militias would force a hand one way or the other. The media will use the right of freedom of speach and freedom of the press to paint the militia as a "minority of extremists". Would the armed forces fight against their fellow citizens if ordered to do so by those fascists in the government? My recommendation is to get in good physical shape and know your friends.

quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Lack of leadership? Organization?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Garbage like you eventually perishes in your own stink. Enjoy yourself.

Yes, fellers...I realize that I am violating my OWN words, here...but tonight I don't feel very kind and gentle.
    Sometimes the old reflexes kick in...the one that say that smart punks
    need discipline, sometimes.
    Violence is the ONLY answer, now and again....
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Mostly now....
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    [:D] Fight U must be Kidding ! The last 2 Generations can barely put there pants on without whinning. The war for America was fought 3 times and we lost the last great war before WW1. The US is done, our guns are just remnants of an illusion of freedom. Artifacts that soon will no longer need to be taken away, for your own children will hand them in to the collection centers for food coupons in the future. U think I am kidding [:D] I'm NOT ![xx(]

p.s U may want to cash out and get gold before they make that illegal too. Just a little heads up boys. [:)]

And you had to walk to school up hill both ways through 5 foot deep snow........
    Every generation thinks they are smarter, tougher, and had to work harder then the ones after them. 50 years ago the old timers were talking about what a bunch of pussies the baby boomers are.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187
    50 years ago the old timers were talking about what a bunch of pussies the baby boomers are.

Are you saying they aren't? [}:)]
  • Options
    HazMatAceHazMatAce Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Originally posted by melkor

Fight U must be Kidding ! The last 2 Generations can barely put there pants on without whinning. The war for America was fought 3 times and we lost the last great war before WW1. The US is done, our guns are just remnants of an illusion of freedom. Artifacts that soon will no longer need to be taken away, for your own children will hand them in to the collection centers for food coupons in the future. U think I am kidding I'm NOT !

p.s U may want to cash out and get gold before they make that illegal too. Just a little heads up boys.

That is why we need to elect Ron Paul to President.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HazMatAce
    quote:
    Originally posted by melkor

Fight U must be Kidding ! The last 2 Generations can barely put there pants on without whinning. The war for America was fought 3 times and we lost the last great war before WW1. The US is done, our guns are just remnants of an illusion of freedom. Artifacts that soon will no longer need to be taken away, for your own children will hand them in to the collection centers for food coupons in the future. U think I am kidding I'm NOT !

p.s U may want to cash out and get gold before they make that illegal too. Just a little heads up boys.

That is why we need to elect Ron Paul to President.

HazMatAce & Melkor
    It is attitude of people like you that "We The People" are in the situation we are in today. You are not a true American Patriot. My friends and family will not go down without a fight to the end.
    Printing garbage like that should get you deported to Iraq on a small handmade wooden vessel with 50 illegals covered in Herpes Virus !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    When will people make a stand??? When things get so bad... that your hungry and you can't feed your family. There's no work no money and no hope. When your face is in the mud and the government holds it there with their boot on the back of your neck. That's when you'll fight. That's what it will take for most of us in my opinion. When your cornered you'll fight! Because you have no choice but to fight.