In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The NRA just called...

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
...about 5 minutes ago. They wanted money to fight two upcoming anti-gun bills, one that will apparently ban all .22 rifles and shotguns.

The lady on the phone offered to renew my membership for 5 years for $100. I told her that I was no longer an NRA member and no longer wished to be one. She said she understood and asked if I would give a monetary donation to Wayne LaPierre to fight this anti-gun legislation. I told her that I could not in good conscience give money to a group that has been compromising with anti-gun interests for over 70 years. She said, "oh no we don't!". I then said that the NRA helped pass the NFA 1934, which started all this mess, and that Wayne LaPierre has stated that he doesn't believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms.

She then thanked me for my time and hung up.

Comments

  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This is good news WW. I wish everyone they called would tell them the same. Maybe they would get the hint.

    You friend, ARE a patriot.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:You friend, ARE a patriot.
    Those words have meaning.

    Take the words; "Patriot Act";
    No more stick it up your az words could POSSIBLY be used..the thumbing of the Elites noses at decent, freedom loving citizens. The contempt these garbage-in-power Elites show for us is breath taking.

    Then there are the words used as they were above, over the act of shoving it up the nose of a compromise it all away organization that pretends to be defending our Rights.
    Yes..the words MEAN something when used to defend America. Thanks, Wounded Wolf...for your principled, honorable stand.
    Someday..the nation will be grateful for men like you.if we survive as a nation of free men.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I then said that the NRA helped pass the NFA 1934, which started all this mess, and that Wayne LaPierre has stated that he doesn't believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms.

    WW-

    I am not a naysayer here, so don't get the wrong impression with this question.

    Can you site a source concerning Wayne LaPierre stating that he does not believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms?

    I really need a source, here.

    gunphreak out.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    quote:I then said that the NRA helped pass the NFA 1934, which started all this mess, and that Wayne LaPierre has stated that he doesn't believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms.

    WW-

    I am not a naysayer here, so don't get the wrong impression with this question.

    Can you site a source concerning Wayne LaPierre stating that he does not believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms?

    I really need a source, here.

    gunphreak out.


    NRA "spokesmodel" Chris Cox said it a number of months ago on Glenn Beck's Show. I believe he is the big "he-bull" over at the NRA-ILA, which is the NRA's lobbying arm, correct?

    Glenn agreed, as did the Brady Representative who was also on the show.

    Go figure.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Just as their hero, Charlston Hesston, said on a national talk show that 'no citizen needs an assualt weapon'...

    How they cheered when he held up a 100 year old musket and cried.."From my cold dead fingers"..
    The doddering old fool might have sucked me in...if he held up an AR-15 and said it.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    quote:I then said that the NRA helped pass the NFA 1934, which started all this mess, and that Wayne LaPierre has stated that he doesn't believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms.

    WW-

    I am not a naysayer here, so don't get the wrong impression with this question.

    Can you site a source concerning Wayne LaPierre stating that he does not believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms?

    I really need a source, here.

    gunphreak out.


    NRA "spokesmodel" Chris Cox said it a number of months ago on Glenn Beck's Show. I believe he is the big "he-bull" over at the NRA-ILA, which is the NRA's lobbying arm, correct?

    Glenn agreed, as did the Brady Representative who was also on the show.

    Go figure.




    Point me in the direction of a credible sourse. I'm going to youtube to see if something didn't end up there.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    quote:I then said that the NRA helped pass the NFA 1934, which started all this mess, and that Wayne LaPierre has stated that he doesn't believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms.

    WW-

    I am not a naysayer here, so don't get the wrong impression with this question.

    Can you site a source concerning Wayne LaPierre stating that he does not believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms?

    I really need a source, here.

    gunphreak out.


    NRA "spokesmodel" Chris Cox said it a number of months ago on Glenn Beck's Show. I believe he is the big "he-bull" over at the NRA-ILA, which is the NRA's lobbying arm, correct?

    Glenn agreed, as did the Brady Representative who was also on the show.

    Go figure.




    Point me in the direction of a credible sourse. I'm going to youtube to see if something didn't end up there.


    I watched the show on TV, but have no idea how to reference it. Maybe you could email, or otherwise contact Beck's show and ask for a clip/link.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:WW-

    I am not a naysayer here, so don't get the wrong impression with this question.

    Can you site a source concerning Wayne LaPierre stating that he does not believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms?

    I really need a source, here.

    gunphreak out.

    Gunphreak, I was referring to LaPierre's continued support of FOPA 86, although he rarely discusses the full-auto provisions of that legislation. The NRA talks about FOPA as if it were the greatest piece of legislation ever, yet they only ever refer to the FFL protections and not the ban on pre-86 full autos.

    There was also a C-SPAN interview with LaPierre floating around before the '04 election that showed him responding favorably to the NFA 1934 provisions. I have tried to find it on the internet, but haven't been able to locate it.

    Based on this evidence, I have to assume that Wayne LaPierre is against private citizens owning fully-automatic firearms. It was after all a two minute phone conversation that occured out of the blue, but since I have not provided you with direct sourced evidence I will agree that I should have more correctly said, "Wayne LaPierre has not actively defended private citizens right to own ALL types of firearms."

    Do you agree that this statement is more intellectually honest?
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    quote:WW-

    I am not a naysayer here, so don't get the wrong impression with this question.

    Can you site a source concerning Wayne LaPierre stating that he does not believe citizens should be allowed to own fully automatic firearms?

    I really need a source, here.

    gunphreak out.

    Gunphreak, I was referring to LaPierre's continued support of FOPA 86, although he rarely discusses the full-auto provisions of that legislation. The NRA talks about FOPA as if it were the greatest piece of legislation ever, yet they only ever refer to the FFL protections and not the ban on pre-86 full autos.

    There was also a C-SPAN interview with LaPierre floating around before the '04 election that showed him responding favorably to the NFA 1934 provisions. I have tried to find it on the internet, but haven't been able to locate it.

    Based on this evidence, I have to assume that Wayne LaPierre is against private citizens owning fully-automatic firearms. It was after all a two minute phone conversation that occured out of the blue, but since I have not provided you with direct sourced evidence I will agree that I should have more correctly said, "Wayne LaPierre has not actively defended private citizens right to own ALL types of firearms."

    Do you agree that this statement is more intellectually honest?


    I do agree with that statement, yes.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel left out,........they don't even call me anymore, after my last conversation with them.
    Mail though, is a different story.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I feel left out,........they don't even call me anymore, after my last conversation with them.
    Mail though, is a different story.[xx(]


    I haven't received any mail, or calls from them in over a year. The only contact I get is the American Rifleman, which I do enjoy reading.

    No complaint here.

    I suppose, as one member stated that he did, that information was emailed to "Wayne" to see what he was going to do about the NRA bashers.

    Actually, the member said he emailed a thread to "Wayne" about negative NRA information being posted and he was "waiting" for Wayne to reply and set us all straight. I'm sure that happened.[:o)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    I suppose, as one member stated that he did, that information was emailed to "Wayne" to see what he was going to do about the NRA bashers.

    Actually, the member said he emailed a thread to "Wayne" about negative NRA information being posted and he was "waiting" for Wayne to reply and set us all straight. I'm sure that happened.[:o)]




    LT,
    Unless one would e-mail Wayne about a new way to increase sales (memberships/merchandise) he is not gonna give a rats hind end. Yet this same person whom contacted Wayne, will scratch his head in confussion and be clueless as to WHY he didn't get a response. The NRA and MANY other businesses anymore couldn't give a fooey about customers. So long as the dollars keep rolling in, they DON'T care. This however, IS OUR fault. So long as people keep paying, NOTHING will change. If people were more prudent with their funds and DEMANDED to see results per dollar, there would be no issues would there?

    By the way I got my bumper stickers the other day. Thanks a bunch.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I feel left out,........they don't even call me anymore, after my last conversation with them.
    Mail though, is a different story.[xx(]


    I haven't received any mail, or calls from them in over a year. The only contact I get is the American Rifleman, which I do enjoy reading.

    No complaint here.

    I suppose, as one member stated that he did, that information was emailed to "Wayne" to see what he was going to do about the NRA bashers.

    Actually, the member said he emailed a thread to "Wayne" about negative NRA information being posted and he was "waiting" for Wayne to reply and set us all straight. I'm sure that happened.[:o)]


    Right!!!!!!!
    My mail volume is down, and the calls have stopped after my rather "enthusiastic" discussion on the last one. Still get something in the mail about once a month, and can't seem to stop the e-mail, so I put it into my spam blocker program which gets sent to the hotlist, and lists it as spam.
    I have used the unsubscribe feature several times to no avail!
    What bumper stickers are we talking about here folks![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I feel left out,........they don't even call me anymore, after my last conversation with them.
    Mail though, is a different story.[xx(]


    I haven't received any mail, or calls from them in over a year. The only contact I get is the American Rifleman, which I do enjoy reading.

    No complaint here.

    I suppose, as one member stated that he did, that information was emailed to "Wayne" to see what he was going to do about the NRA bashers.

    Actually, the member said he emailed a thread to "Wayne" about negative NRA information being posted and he was "waiting" for Wayne to reply and set us all straight. I'm sure that happened.[:o)]


    Right!!!!!!!
    My mail volume is down, and the calls have stopped after my rather "enthusiastic" discussion on the last one. Still get something in the mail about once a month, and can't seem to stop the e-mail, so I put it into my spam blocker program which gets sent to the hotlist, and lists it as spam.
    I have used the unsubscribe feature several times to no avail!
    What bumper stickers are we talking about here folks![;)]


    Why none other than a Ron Paul for PRESIDENT bumper sticker. [:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    I suppose, as one member stated that he did, that information was emailed to "Wayne" to see what he was going to do about the NRA bashers.

    Actually, the member said he emailed a thread to "Wayne" about negative NRA information being posted and he was "waiting" for Wayne to reply and set us all straight. I'm sure that happened.[:o)]




    LT,
    Unless one would e-mail Wayne about a new way to increase sales (memberships/merchandise) he is not gonna give a rats hind end. Yet this same person whom contacted Wayne, will scratch his head in confussion and be clueless as to WHY he didn't get a response. The NRA and MANY other businesses anymore couldn't give a fooey about customers. So long as the dollars keep rolling in, they DON'T care. This however, IS OUR fault. So long as people keep paying, NOTHING will change. If people were more prudent with their funds and DEMANDED to see results per dollar, there would be no issues would there?

    By the way I got my bumper stickers the other day. Thanks a bunch.


    You are welcome sir.[;)]
Sign In or Register to comment.