In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL and moving

jakeeibjakeeib Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I am currently debating applying for my FFL. I am tired of seeing my fellow Soldiers get screwed buying guns at the pawn shops and local gun store prices. Everybody thinks Soldiers are rich...lol.
Anyway If I am granted a FFL and have to PCS(move) to another state what then? If I have to live on base or in the city limits. I am currently in the country and have no zoning problems.

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your well intended venture could very well turn into a nightmare of legalities, and licensing.
    Most states require a storefront to be an active FFL seller, and of course all of the various forms of local licensing, and fees, must be taken care of upfront.
    Also to protect yourself, you should incorporate, or form an LLC, which you can do yourself for far cheaper than an attorney would charge, but still results in more annual "licensing" fees.
    Someone that knows far more than I will most likely see this, but I was considering the same at one time, and ended up ditching the plans after seeing what the cost would be.
    New firearms are typically a low margin business, and you would have to sell quite a few, just to cover your expenses, much less show a profit for your time.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner