In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Militia ? - I was just wondering, thats all.

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
How would you start a militia in your area ?
What would you charge for dues ?
How would you get the word out ?
Where would you meet ?
Would you register with the Governemnt ?
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    TartersauceTartersauce Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not start a militia.

Start a non-profit sportsman's group....kinda like a local "NRA"

Why pay taxes for your ammo?[;)]

Create a constitution, bylaws....get a non-profit license. Need a purpose....hmmm....."To promote American marksmenship and sport competition"........"support local, national, and international American marksmen competitors"........being an Olympic marksmen supporter will keep the heat low on ya.[:p]

And tax free ammo!

Take membership and charge low fees. Quit your job and be a Gun Rights advocate for us...sure you could do better than the NRA.

I wonder....as a Non Profit Corporation....could the corporation purchase firearms so they wouldn't have to show up on your NY pistola permit??.....not individual owned firearms....corporate owned.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    What would you charge for dues ?
    How would you get the word out ?
    Where would you meet ?
    Would you register with the Governemnt ?

1. Get enough like minded to join.
    2. Nothing. Only charge cost for required materials like patches, badges, ect. Being part of the militia is a personal financial drain. You either WANT to ba a part of it or not.
    3. Gunshows, festivals, ect. Rent booth space where appropriate. Get fliers out, wherever you can, like your local gunshop.
    4. In public. What better advertising than to let people know your group isn't a bunch of kooks?
    5. No. Some STATES reconize the militia, some don't. I am unaware of anywhere registration is required for the militia.

If you are intersted NY, I have some PDF's of lititure I would share with you from my militia.

You will need to set up bylaws, SOP's and training requirements. You will also need a way to verify you are NOT accepting felons, like CCW's or police ID's. If you are serious about starting a militia in your state, I will help youi all I can. E-mail me.
  • Options
    rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rgerge
    Me too

You too, what?
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I wouldn't. At this point in time, its too risky. Your best bet right now is to "fly under the radar". Starting a militia is akin to screaming "I'm a threat!" at the Gub'mint.
    My advice is to have a small group of like minded friends/family who you can trust with your life.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Freemind and I have discussed this...and we agree to disagree.

You get a group together, big enough that you don't know every person...back to their chilhood..every move you make training will be forwarded to the authorities.
    Given the event of a breakdown, you better have YOUR OWN escape hidey hole.
    Your best long-range shooters will find themselves rounded up..or dead. Your natural leaders will die. The people that step up to fill the gaps will be government owned...and they will lead long enough to seek out other, effective groups...to set the trap for THEM.

OJT is about all that is left to us..that and the native intelligence of the American spirit.