In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey Highball

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
Please explain how you arrived at the conclusion that our down fall began at the end of the civil war and not when the feds passed the income tax on the income of the individual citizen.

...be gentle now, I am trying to learn [:D]

Comments

• RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    The income tax on induhvidual incomes was one of consequences of the results of outcome of Civil War (even though I am not highball).

Actually, there's more than just the outcome of the Civil War. It all happened during a lot of turbulence and "intellectual" movement in Europe, the idea of communism was more or less formulated, "The Capital" was written, and the ideology of that the big government is good for the ignorant masses was very popular. I see the passage of 16th and whatever happened in the last half of 19th century in the United States as direct influence of what's been happening in Europe.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Briefly, Before the War, the government consisted of the Sovereign Citizen, followed by the State, with the Federal Government being the weakest in the power structure.as the Founders intended.

Lincoln Won the War.and installed the Federal Government as the voice of God in this country. Relatively weak, because of the lack of money, the abortion of taxing the common citizen FINALLY gave the Beast its first real nourishment..and it has taken another near 100 years for the Beast to throw off the remaining shackles of the Constitution to reveal it to be the ravening, rapacious monster it has become.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Briefly, Before the War, the government consisted of the Sovereign Citizen, followed by the State, with the Federal Government being the weakest in the power structure.as the Founders intended.

Lincoln Won the War.and installed the Federal Government as the voice of God in this country. Relatively weak, because of the lack of money, the abortion of taxing the common citizen FINALLY gave the Beast its first real nourishment..and it has taken another near 100 years for the Beast to throw off the remaining shackles of the Constitution to reveal it to be the ravening, rapacious monster it has become.

Cool; the best way to stop them is to cut off the funding. We can do that by the amendment process to revoke the IRS and its tentacles of destruction. The constitutional federal government can operate and provide for the common defense with a butt load less money than now collected.

Could the "simple" answer of "abolish he IRS" restore the balance?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Could the "simple" answer of "abolish he IRS" restore the balance?[:D]
    Been studying this 40-odd years. Yes, indeedy..this would deprive the Beast of the food it needs to get bigger.

However...every year, more money flows into its maw.

How would you suggest to abolish the IRS ? We have..finally...a presidential candidate that suggests doing just that. He is regarded as a nutjob refugee from an insane asylum.

Not just by the establishment.No indeed. The majority of the people living in this country...people with only the vaguest idea of what it MEANS to be an "American"..consider him crazy.

We are going to soon loose even THAT weak reed..for he will be forced to drop out of the race.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Highball!!! Bite your tongue!
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    No need to abolish the IRS....

Abolish the automatic payroll deduction and force 1) people to write their check to the government and 2) Force the government to go after those who don't.

If this doesn't open the eyes of those who need it-nothing will.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul
    No need to abolish the IRS....

Abolish the automatic payroll deduction and force 1) people to write their check to the government and 2) Force the government to go after those who don't.

If this doesn't open the eyes of those who need it-nothing will.

I said that 15 years ago to my employees! If they got every dime the Government took from them PLUS the employeer burdern it would seem as a HUGE raise was given to them by me. Then I would give the list of taxes and so called "contributions" the govenment took every week.

That simple act would cause an open armed revolt in America within a month.
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Absolutely. Not only that, but the expense of going after all those who would just not pay would far exceed the gains made by getting the owed taxes.

In Highballs eye's this would be a twofer.
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

How would you suggest to abolish the IRS ? We have..finally...a presidential candidate that suggests doing just that. He is regarded as a nutjob refugee from an insane asylum.

Not just by the establishment.No indeed. The majority of the people living in this country...people with only the vaguest idea of what it MEANS to be an "American"..consider him crazy.

The same thing was done to the Jeebus 2000 years ago too. Look what a mess that all turned out to be.

Making people write thier own checks instead of it being taken out automaticly would be great. I take the max deductions on mine so that no money is taken out. I always break even and owe none due to my being able to exploit the loopholes that are built in to the code for the elite. If everyone did what I did it would at least give the beast a severe tummy ache.

Does the fed pay you interest on the loan you provide when you get your tax return?

Before you think I am completely on your side, I favor gay marriage.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny seeing many write that a good solution is for everyone to have to write their own checks to the fed and stop pay roll deductions-funny because a few years ago Ron Paul introduced legislation to do just that. Of course NO ONE in congress supported it, because EVERYONE in government loves the beast, and do not want to see it die.
    Every quarter, I have to write out my checks to the feds, state and local governments. Money comes out of MY BANK ACCOUNT.
    People who have automatic payroll deductions, do not even consider those monies to be theirs. It is not as if anyone is taking it away from them, it wasnt theirs to begin with. One has a better understanding of taxes, when they see their bank account reduced every quarter to pay them. Same with school and property taxes-roll it into your mortgage payment, it becomes your mortgage payment. Write a check every year, my how things change.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1

awww geez- After reading that, I am sure to have nightmares tonight.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1