In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Interesting thoughts from LEOs

ggb3ggb3 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
I ran across this and did some reading. I thought it was some refreshing info on the perspective of LEOs. It would be great if all law enforcement thought this way. Anyway, here are some links to a couple of particular threads.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79136

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74710

George

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Well, I went and read.

I found nothing new there.

I found nothing to indicate that ANY of the Officers understood the Constitution..just the current interpretation of it.
    I found nothing to comfort me insofar as coming to gather guns when a ban becomes law, for example..
    I found nothing to indicate that, in the absence of CCWs, said officer would send you do the road with his blessings.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    ditto Highball. Hearing way too much "qualified" "licensed" "permitted" etc. Lurk those forums for a while and you'll get pissed at the generally 'we and you' mentality there.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum George.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No offense to nunn, or the very few other pro-gun cops in existence but...

I knew some people who were nearly arrested for posession of drugs. If drugs were legal, I know many of the cops out there would talk of how they should be legal, and how it is the people who steal to finance their habit that we should be punishing. But they aren't legal, so the cops will make arrests, and feel like they have helped rid society of problems by doing so.

Cops may say that they don't think law abiding citizens owning guns is the problem, but I know of people in my state who were busted by cops for converting their AKs to fire full auto. They may talk pro-gun but when they see a chance for an arrest, whether it be for owning a machine gun, posession of marijuana, or whether it be for posession of whatever firearm they outlaw next, there is no doubt in my mind that they will arrest that person.

The cops who arrested the machine gun owner in my state may have said some pro-gun things. They may have said they were just arresting the criminal who had guns outside of the law. But that doesn't change the fact that they arrested a peaceful citizen for exercising his constitutional rights, and would arrest any other peaceful gun owner if his guns were said to be illegal. I feel that the NRA's support for the army and the police is at best misguided, and at worst a blatant threat to peaceful armed citizens.

We can say that we support law enforcement, we can say the politicians are really to blame, we can say whatever we want. But when it comes right down to it, the gun laws that are passed by the politicians are just empty words until enforced by the POLICE. I live in a small town. I know that 90%+ of the people in this town own guns. I know that the police in this town claim to be pro-gun. But I also know that when it comes right down to it, these same police will enforce whatever gun laws the elites give them to work with.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They should arrest based on the law. They did not pass the law. Their job is to enforce it. Otherwise, they would be enforcing their opinion of right and wrong. [(That may still happen) At least, probably after the fact their would be some recourse] I bet that if enforcing their opinion of right and wrong would be far more of a terror. If we want laws changed, we should work toward that end via the dumbazz people (we) put in office. The other posts about nothing new this and that. What if they all thought like the idiots in New Orleans? even if they did not move to disarm, the thoughts would be there. I also found it interesting that the officers learned in those threads that officers in Canada can not have firearms outside of their job. Some others thought that was crazy. Perhaps this also gives the cops an idea of what could happen here also if these kinds of things take place here in the good ole USA. Many paople are working toward that end. Look at this sad * video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkS2BRoCd2I

Edited for language. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTW, thanks for the welcome Pickenup!
    George
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ggb3
    They should arrest based on the law. They did not pass the law. Their job is to enforce it.

And such is the paradox I am speaking of. They didn't write the law. But the law is unconstitutional, and in the process of enforcing it, they are acting in a blantantly unconstitutional and unethical manner.
  • Options
    shotdoctrshotdoctr Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That certainly says it all.. The marching orders of evil men have to be carried out by people willing to follow them.
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    No offense to nunn, or the very few other pro-gun cops in existence but...

I knew some people who were nearly arrested for posession of drugs. If drugs were legal, I know many of the cops out there would talk of how they should be legal, and how it is the people who steal to finance their habit that we should be punishing. But they aren't legal, so the cops will make arrests, and feel like they have helped rid society of problems by doing so.

Cops may say that they don't think law abiding citizens owning guns is the problem, but I know of people in my state who were busted by cops for converting their AKs to fire full auto. They may talk pro-gun but when they see a chance for an arrest, whether it be for owning a machine gun, posession of marijuana, or whether it be for posession of whatever firearm they outlaw next, there is no doubt in my mind that they will arrest that person.

The cops who arrested the machine gun owner in my state may have said some pro-gun things. They may have said they were just arresting the criminal who had guns outside of the law. But that doesn't change the fact that they arrested a peaceful citizen for exercising his constitutional rights, and would arrest any other peaceful gun owner if his guns were said to be illegal. I feel that the NRA's support for the army and the police is at best misguided, and at worst a blatant threat to peaceful armed citizens.

We can say that we support law enforcement, we can say the politicians are really to blame, we can say whatever we want. But when it comes right down to it, the gun laws that are passed by the politicians are just empty words until enforced by the POLICE. I live in a small town. I know that 90%+ of the people in this town own guns. I know that the police in this town claim to be pro-gun. But I also know that when it comes right down to it, these same police will enforce whatever gun laws the elites give them to work with.