In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

20 y/o Soldier question

usarmy88usarmy88 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hello, I am in the Army, but my home of record is in the crappy state of Illinois.I am 20 years old. My problem is that I am an unable to get a damn FOID card because my mother flat out refuses to sign the forum. It says that my guardian has to sign it because I am under 21. I could not believe that. I am trained on a M-16 m249 m240B m-2 -.50 and m9 pistol yet I need permission from my Mommy or Daddy to get a damn FOID card!(sarcasm intended) I cant believe that I have been to combat and got shot at yet I need to have a parents signature to get a damn weapon. Does anyone know if there is a exception to the rule for people in my case. I don't want to wait an other 11 months to get a FOID card.I want to get this FOID card as soon as possible because I heard that Illinois is going to ban assault weapons all together before the end of the year. I heard that stupid Cook County already has. I want to get myself A H&K G3 before that happens.Like I said I think that the signature required for me is really stupid. I have been to war .I should be able to go home and own my self a assault rifle. I think I have earned that right.These guns laws are really getting carried away. If worst to to worse then I will just buy my weapon in Texas when I go to Fort Hood later this year. No stupid FOID card or ban there. What to you all think of my little predicament. Any suggestion?

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Tell your momma bye-bye and change your place of residence.

Sorry to have to tell you this, tho...even when your are 60 years old...you still have to beg permission to buy a gun...only THIS will be from the government you are serving right now.
  • Options
    Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey... soldier here to....yeah i would change your SOR make sure you let finance and housing know so they dont get you with BAH fraud though. that would be bad. where is your next duty station? or are you Ntl. Guard/Res? but yeah if all else fails, your going to have to wait the 11 months. yeah it sucks i know, but ive done it, highball's, done it, hell everyone ofver 21 has waited. you will be 21 someday to. untill then, do what you can with what has been given to you. if you dont like it, then go somewhere else. like teaxas, or florida, or oklahoma.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aaron;
    Actually, no...I didn't wait.

I bought my first rifle at 11 or 12...and a pistol a year or so later.

Perfectly legally.

One of the agonies of an old man..we stood by and allowed the corrupt slimebags pass law after law restricting not only you youngsters..but us too.

The gun community is made up of a majority of people believing that gun control works..so what is the non-gun owner to think ?

What we should have done is gone to the streets over the 1968 Gun Law...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    forgive me highball, i spoke out of my era... it was meerly a generalization. please take no offence.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aaron;

No offence at all ..more of a mea culpa then anything.

We old guys have left you with a mess.

We did so out of a lack of courage ..the courage to stand for what is right. We stood by and allowed evil men to do what they do best ..destroy freedom.

We who strongly believe in the Constitution and the Second Amendment were too few in numbers to carry the day against the entrenched compromisers and Quislings in our own ranks .confused at the signals being sent from National Organizations purported to `Fight for the Second Amendment'.

We just failed.
  • Options
    crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    Hey Army be careful about changing your state residence, if you do be sure to change it back within 6 months of getting out (if you decide so) otherwise you can loose the Illinois veteran grant which does a good job of paying for college. Illinois is one of the more foolish states in regards to gun control, the people of cook county are content to entrust their protection, and protection of their rights to the government, which most governments over time have proven to be unreliable advocates of their people. I say let me remain armed, and I'll see to my own protection, and if you dont like guns, dont buy one kind of like religion or idiots ignore them if you dont like what they say...[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, isn't that interesting.

Are you advocating willingly renouncing your Rights in favor of money ?

Plus..you forgot to mention that the State of Illinois is going to give EVERY discharged soldier a mental health exam before they are released...and you can damn sure bet that that will have bearing on you being able to buy a gun.

For me, the choice would be clear.

RENOUNCE the Fascist state of Illinois..turn your back on it and beat feet somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey now, I DO NOT AGREE ONE BIT WITH ILLINOIS LAWS OR THE TYRANNY OF THE GREAT STATE OF CHICAGO, however if those who believe in the second amendment vacate this state who will be left to argue our case?? If you change your residence now in order to buy guns that is fine, just remember to change it back within 6 months in order to keep your college benefits that were earned by your service. They are probably the only ones that are worth a damn, nothing else with the VA works, and most folks seem to view veterans status the same way they do a High School diploma. Which does not help when trying to find a job.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey was in the PX (like our store for the army) and i found a pocket guide to the constitution, amendments, and the DoI. would you like a copy highball? i will send you one. its pretty neat. and i think that you discredit your generation alittle too much. though as you say nothing was really done to stop the changes that have taken place, there were alot of factors that contributed to the... well to put it nicely the "state" that we are in today. well let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aaron;
    Appreciate the offer..more then you know.

However, in years past, I would buy those little booklets by the hundreds and hand them out to anyone that even appeared vaguely interested.
    I still have several around..there reached a point of almost exhaustion at trying to change peoples minds.

Please give it to one of your buddies over there. I am sure you stand alone in your unit with your support for the Constitution..attempt to change a mind or two right in your AO.

Crash;
    quote:, however if those who believe in the second amendment vacate this state who will be left to argue our case
    The arguments are over, friend ..and you and I lost.
    Sometimes the best solution is to allow a situation to totally deteriorate before it can be made better.

California, Illinois and a few other states are at that point ..and America is rapidly approaching that point.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm good at flogging dead horses
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Highball and Aaron,

Either of you know where I may be able to purchase those booklets?

I am intersted in buying them.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hmmmm. i can go back today as i have to pick up some stuff for my class A's that i forgot yesterday. i will look at the publisher/writer and see who they are from. (website mabye)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey army...have you been trained on the M5, M24, M82A1, M14 yet....those are fun. now that i am the unit armor for the 2nd ID i get to play with a whole bunch of toys [8D][:D][:)][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Citizens Rule Book"
    Whitten Printers 602-258-6406
    1001 S. 5th St.,Phoenix, Az 85004

This is the present rendition..there have been several companies putting them out over the years.
    No knowing if this company still in existance...seems like I bought the last batch 8-9 years ago..when I lost hope for America.

Be WARNED..this type booklet was found in the possession of McVey..and the FBI listed it as a "Subversive Tract"....

Aaron...you lucky DOG, you....get all the free live-fire training you can grab. You will never forget it...
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like the title of that booklet too. Just before my father in law died I found a great book on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights . It is a huge coffee table book full of illustrations. I gave it to him (he was a lawyer, liberal and great friend) to look over and sign so that it could pass on to my son. Now that he is gone my son has the book and his rifle. We occasionally read the book before bed and discuss what various things mean. My son is 7 so we stick to things like the Bill of Rights since those are a bit more obvious to a 7 year old. He sure as poop knows what the 2nd is about. He exercises it at least twice a month at the range too. It is an awesome place to start a great conversation between a father and son.

The Constitution of the United States of America
    Inscribed and Illustrated by Sam Fink
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Constitution-of-the-United-States-of-America/Sam-Fink/e/9780941807999/?itm=1
    13795881.JPG

usarmy88,

I would write everyone you can who might be willing to tell your story. Local news, magazines, papers, what have you. No matter how liberal they might seem, they are in the business of making money and sensational stories sell news and garner advertising dollars. You just might get some play. Thanks for your service.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/ciru.html
    The above link is Alex Jones..a buck a piece in lots of ten..cheaper by the hundred...[:D]
    Probably more places to get them on the web...just the closest to the top with the books.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/7006/rulebook.html
    This site lets you look the book over..or print it off....

Thanks, Aaron, for the 'web' suggestion...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not a prob. just trying to uphold my end. [:D] goin to the field tomorrow (gunnery for the all the track vehicles i.e mortar tracks, M2 bradley, and the M1A3 Abrams. should be lots of fun) it will be a month long. dont now if we get internet out there. so if not yall take care and ill be back soon [8D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info guys.