In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Don't be too quick.....

wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
To think that the representatives for Heller are Constititutional champions. Here's a C&P from today:

JUSTICE BREYER: What's your response to the question?

MR. GURA: Well, my response is that the government can ban arms that are not appropriate for civilian use. There is no question of that.

BS. The goverment has no right, no power, and no authority to ban arms or deem what is appropriate for "the people" to have. period.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

pretty da[:(!]n plain and unambiguous.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard some of the press interviews with the attorneys agfter the argument-I thought I was listening to the government attorneys-all of the pro gun control nonsense they were spouting. Was a bit suprised when I realized they were actually the defense attorneys.
    They are freaking lawyers, what should anyone expect?
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Perhaps we have been snookered.

This may well have been an elaborate set-up.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Well, it was widely reported right here on GB.com that the NRA was against this lawsuit from the start. Maybe they knew something we didn't.
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Well, it was widely reported right here on GB.com that the NRA was against this lawsuit from the start. Maybe they knew something we didn't.
    SupremeCOurt.gif

Were it only to be...
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Take heart, TRfox;

It appears the Great Gods hold exactly the same views of the Second as you do...and the NRA.

Warped and perverted as that is, when looked at from the perspective of time of writing ..there it is.

Merely another step in the degradation of our system.
    See, TR....I...and those of us supporting the Constitution...have lost something..perhaps all.

You have lost NOTHING from the ruling coming down from Olympus.
  • Options
    Pukka SahibPukka Sahib Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's right, we've been snookered. I warned you about the danger this case posed to the rights of all gun owners; but none of you would listen. Now the handwriting is on the wall: We shall see gun control like never before.
  • Options
    Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh heah, the NRA knew what they were doing in wanting to quash the case.

They were wanting to keep the question as ambiguous as possible sothey could keep raking in the bucks.

OTOH, the rest of us who actually CARE about the Constitution have, FOR YEARS wanted this to come to a head while enough citizens still had enough guns to make a difference.

When the 2nd Amendment/RKBA falls, the Country Falls - because it has ceased to be what it was intended to be and has violated it's own foundational principles.

It should have happened in '68.