In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More on McCain

Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
According to someone I have no reason to distrust:

In the U. S. Navy, the policy is that a sailor who is single and lives aboard ship or in the barracks and does not have off-base housing or storage facilities can keep a personal firearm in the base armoury with the permission of his CO (Commanding Offier).

Back when McCain was the CO of an Air Squadron he absolutely refused to sign a Request Chit (Permission Slip) for ANY sailor to keep a personal firearm in the Base Armoury. Period!!!! No exceptions -- not even for his Officers. I know because I was there. Naval Air Station North Island, CA -- Lemoore, Fallon, NV, Naval Air Station Norfolk, VA etc.. All stations where McCain left his dirty foot-steps. He is the ONLY CO I ever knew of or heard of to turn down a "Request for Storage of a Personal Firearm".

McCain is anti-gun -- maybe even more so than Clinton and that's saying something.

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    OI;
    Would likw you permission to repost on General. Won't last long...but every read will count.
  • Options
    Old IronsightsOld Ironsights Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    OI;
    Would likw you permission to repost on General. Won't last long...but every read will count.
    Go ahead... or I can.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this is true it just goes to show that there is not a canidate worth wasting our time with. They are all self centered bottom feeders looking to increase their personal wealth at the expense of THE PEOPLE !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OI;
    It may well get more readers if you post it, then I.

I remain ...rather...unpopular over on General.

Try and pick a time where it will get maximum exposure...I cannot imagine this information not being of general interest for ANYONE figuring to vote..
    But there you are...
  • Options
    mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Good post; I'm voting for Ron Paul. He's a strict constitutionalist.

btw; I like you Highball.[:)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mouse
    Good post; I'm voting for Ron Paul. He's a strict constitutionalist.

btw; I like you Highball.[:)]

Me too....on both points.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That, ladies and gentlemen ..is far more comfort then the giddy voices of the mobs of ignorant/stupid protoplasm that comprise the bulk of people in this country.

I thank you ..and reciprocate in spades. There are few of us ..yet the bond is deep.