In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Our Dying Constitution

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
http://whitehouser.com/politics/crucifixion-our-dying-constitution/

Crucifixion: Our Dying Constitution
Published by Fred Soto February 12th, 2008 RSS News Feed the American spirit is dead thanks to disgraceful congressional leadership

I can fairly say now, that I've never been more ashamed to be an American. In addition to being subject to the leadership of the worst presidential administration in American history, the Senate just voted to grant immunity to telecommunications companies that were complicit in illegal surveillance activity against Americans. Of course, because this criminal activity occurred over the tenure of the Bush Administration, Congress will gladly give them a pass because they were acting based on a sense of "patriotic duty".

In his closing speech on the Senate floor, Chris Dodd brought up September 28, 2007, what he calls the darkest day in the Congressional chamber. If the date doesn't ring a bell, it was the day that the not-so-honorable Senators voted to deny Habeas Corpus and allow torture to take place at the hands of our agents. Senator Dodd argued that today, February 12, 2008, is a close second, as the action taken today further serves to deny the constitutional safeguards that our founders intended to protect our citizens.

What Chris Dodd's entire argument revolved around was simply allowing lawsuits to go forward and be decided by the appropriate branch, the judiciary. President Bush insisted that he would veto any FISA legislation that didn't include telecommunications immunity for his top secret surveillance activity. Instead, what the legislature is doing is denying Americans the right to know what is going on in our government. Today, government secrecy emerged victorious.

America's Shame and why I'm proud to be "un-American"

Americans no longer have an understanding of what it means to be free, we've become so accustomed to big brother's hand that torture, spying without warrants, and engaging in illegal wars of aggression are to be expected. Many of the candidates running for president campaigned hard on these issues, insisting that we would "remain on offense" in the propaganda-ridden war on terror. What Americans need now is a miracle, we need a hero or group of heroes to stand up in our legislature and fight for them. We don't need more government parenting and rules that cater to corporations and fear.

Terrorism should be a tool that only the enemy is allowed to use. Illegal government activity should not be tolerated in its current form. Soon, we will lose a part of ourselves, the American spirit will die. This country is no longer FDR's America, it isn't JFK's or Reagan's America. It most definitely is not Bill Clinton's America, yet his wife was curiously absent from the Senate floor on this most important matter. Unless our voters and elected officials stand up and fight for freedom, we're going to lose this fight for our country. If you feel even a modicum of pride and love left for this nation that people the world over once admired, equip yourself with knowledge and do your part so that our country won't slip away into the dark abyss of fascism.

I'm afraid we're already there, but there may be hope and that hope begins with you.


The link is highlighted above for you to copy if you want.
This guy is on the right track ! We need a hero and we need to keep him from being assassinated because thats what big brother will want to do. Big brother does not want anymore heros. They want to keep the people down and out.....poor and hungry...begging and crawling for table scraps. Government is doing a great job now and the worse is yet to come. Maybe we need a big uprising to sort out the "BAD ONES". Maybe it will turn back the technology clock and make families closer like they were 30 years ago. I can remember my whole family gathering around the TV or radio and enjoying the program togther. We had one TV in the house. NOW - I can't tell you the last time I watched a program with my kids. There is a dam TV in every room. It is a cancer in our family unity and one that is killing our society.
Abort Cuomo

Comments

  • triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a good article, nyforester, but I wonder why you're complaining. Did you not vote for Bush? Did some stranger force all those television sets on you?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Someone is finally waking up, but seems to be placing the blame for this merely on recent actions and on Emperor Bush.

    The roots of our failure to adhere to the Constitution go back many years, as do many blatantly unconstitutional actions. The process is merely accelerating as is the logical result of past actions.

    In addition, he is touting "FDR's America"? You have GOT to be kidding. Rounding up American citizens, confiscating their property, instituting unconstitutional programs by the bucketful. Methinks that someone needs a history lesson.

    He goes on to say that illegal government activity should not be tolerated in it "current form". WTH does that signify, that illegal government activity is okay in a past form, or some other form than currently used?

    Nice to see that there is at least "some" awakening going on, but I fear it is far to little, far too late.

    Most lap this unconstitutional stuff up like it was mothers milk, then smack their lips, whine for more and make another grab for the government teat.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Just a typical Democrat.

    Partially right...but for the wrong reasons.

    Most of his agony is all about "the wrong evil basturd in power..it ain't MY evil basturd"... thing.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by triple223tap
    That's a good article, nyforester, but I wonder why you're complaining. Did you not vote for Bush? Did some stranger force all those television sets on you?


    Hi Triple
    No - I was meerly blowing off steam I guess. When I was younger, my mom had to drag my brothers and I into the house by an ear just to wash up and eat or go to bed. Today, the kids are poisoned with video games, computers, IPODS, cell phone....ect and they sleep until 1:30 in the afternoon. They can't think for themselves of have any imagination. I used to pick up a stick and pretend it was a rifle. I can't see my brothers kid doing that with all the plastic hardware laying around his room.
    Abort Cuomo
  • triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    quote:Originally posted by triple223tap
    That's a good article, nyforester, but I wonder why you're complaining. Did you not vote for Bush? Did some stranger force all those television sets on you?


    Hi Triple
    No - I was meerly blowing off steam I guess. When I was younger, my mom had to drag my brothers and I into the house by an ear just to wash up and eat or go to bed. Today, the kids are poisoned with video games, computers, IPODS, cell phone....ect and they sleep until 1:30 in the afternoon. They can't think for themselves of have any imagination. I used to pick up a stick and pretend it was a rifle. I can't see my brothers kid doing that with all the plastic hardware laying around his room.


    I agree with you. Take a kid fishing or hunting, teach him to build something with his own hands, learn how repair a lawn mower, climb a tree, skin a deer, spend a night in the woods, hike 5 miles, plant a garden, train a dog.

    I'll bet you'd be surprised how excited today's battery-powered plastic kids would be doing some of that. It's just too easy to buy them the latest video game and leave them alone.
  • dannavy85dannavy85 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems some people forget that there really are a group of people who for the last 25 years have been butchering Americans overseas and in 2001 they brought their maniac war to our doorstep.

    I'm all for anything that not only frustrates these rug monkey freaks but assists in sending them to hell where they belong.

    You have a right to complain but how about you start complaining that we fight this war to a proper swift conclusion, such as doing to the ragheads what was done to the Japanese. Scortch their bodies black until the survivors beg to be spared an atomic death!
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:I'm all for anything


    ANYTHING?.....Allow me to paraphrase an old saying....a fool and his liberty are soon parted.

    No, not anything. For when you give anything, it becomes everything, and then what has been saved if you defeat your foreign enemy after you gave your domestic enemy everything?

    I'd rather not be a slave. No thanks. Some guy said something a couple hundred years ago, it went, "give me liberty, or give death."

    Me too.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    http://whitehouser.com/politics/crucifixion-our-dying-constitution/

    Crucifixion: Our Dying Constitution
    Published by Fred Soto February 12th, 2008 RSS News Feed the American spirit is dead thanks to disgraceful congressional leadership

    I can fairly say now, that I've never been more ashamed to be an American. In addition to being subject to the leadership of the worst presidential administration in American history, the Senate just voted to grant immunity to telecommunications companies that were complicit in illegal surveillance activity against Americans. Of course, because this criminal activity occurred over the tenure of the Bush Administration, Congress will gladly give them a pass because they were acting based on a sense of "patriotic duty".

    In his closing speech on the Senate floor, Chris Dodd brought up September 28, 2007, what he calls the darkest day in the Congressional chamber. If the date doesn't ring a bell, it was the day that the not-so-honorable Senators voted to deny Habeas Corpus and allow torture to take place at the hands of our agents. Senator Dodd argued that today, February 12, 2008, is a close second, as the action taken today further serves to deny the constitutional safeguards that our founders intended to protect our citizens.

    What Chris Dodd's entire argument revolved around was simply allowing lawsuits to go forward and be decided by the appropriate branch, the judiciary. President Bush insisted that he would veto any FISA legislation that didn't include telecommunications immunity for his top secret surveillance activity. Instead, what the legislature is doing is denying Americans the right to know what is going on in our government. Today, government secrecy emerged victorious.

    America's Shame and why I'm proud to be "un-American"

    Americans no longer have an understanding of what it means to be free, we've become so accustomed to big brother's hand that torture, spying without warrants, and engaging in illegal wars of aggression are to be expected. Many of the candidates running for president campaigned hard on these issues, insisting that we would "remain on offense" in the propaganda-ridden war on terror. What Americans need now is a miracle, we need a hero or group of heroes to stand up in our legislature and fight for them. We don't need more government parenting and rules that cater to corporations and fear.

    Terrorism should be a tool that only the enemy is allowed to use. Illegal government activity should not be tolerated in its current form. Soon, we will lose a part of ourselves, the American spirit will die. This country is no longer FDR's America, it isn't JFK's or Reagan's America. It most definitely is not Bill Clinton's America, yet his wife was curiously absent from the Senate floor on this most important matter. Unless our voters and elected officials stand up and fight for freedom, we're going to lose this fight for our country. If you feel even a modicum of pride and love left for this nation that people the world over once admired, equip yourself with knowledge and do your part so that our country won't slip away into the dark abyss of fascism.

    I'm afraid we're already there, but there may be hope and that hope begins with you.


    The link is highlighted above for you to copy if you want.
    This guy is on the right track ! We need a hero and we need to keep him from being assassinated because thats what big brother will want to do. Big brother does not want anymore heros. They want to keep the people down and out.....poor and hungry...begging and crawling for table scraps. Government is doing a great job now and the worse is yet to come. Maybe we need a big uprising to sort out the "BAD ONES". Maybe it will turn back the technology clock and make families closer like they were 30 years ago. I can remember my whole family gathering around the TV or radio and enjoying the program togther. We had one TV in the house. NOW - I can't tell you the last time I watched a program with my kids. There is a dam TV in every room. It is a cancer in our family unity and one that is killing our society.


    Go have a good cry, buy a new outfit and rinse the sand out of your mangina. Stop relying on CNN and DU for your news and views, if we had as bad a country as you paint it you'd already be in a camp.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    ^^^^I sure am sick of the fools wearing blinders^^^^^

    This one sounds pretty young.
Sign In or Register to comment.