In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I could give two farts about Illinois

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
Someday when I grow up and graduate from college I am going to pack up my wife and guns and leave this damn state. It ought to be renamed the republic of chicago..

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    You know even weirdos like me appreciate it when folks reply to their irrelevancies... At least I can assume that someone cares *sniff*
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Give it time, crash...ain't hardly nobody on here right now.

I really feel for you..but the only hope you have is to flee..just as you said.
  • Options
    triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Vermont. They hate gun grabbers and Jesus freaks both.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Umm how are the winters there? I really don't like winter, it gets cold that time of year dont ya know... I am comparing states livability with pro-gun laws and good shooting weather... I like to shoot in t-shirts, not wearing three pairs of underwear, and receiving mild electric shocks from malfunctioning battery socks
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crash...try TX, AR or TN. They are gun friendly and the weather is usually nice. All of my stateside assignments have been in TX for my 26 years in the USAF and Arkansas is my home of record. Getting ready to go back there very shortly once I retire.

The down side to TX is the fact that most hunting is on leases that can get expensive. On the plus side, if you live in a smaller city with ranchers near it, you can get in good with them and get to shoot varmints whenever you want to.
  • Options
    triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's cold in VT in the winter, however the summers (that's July 15- July 16) are lovely. Hey, you can't have everything.

If you like short winters and hot summers with reasonable gun laws, there's always SC...but the Bible-thumpers are thicker than mosquitos.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hehe I was born in 82.... good luck on the retirement, I don't think the AF would have kept me for twenty + years, so I was able to retire after 4 hehe...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wife and I are already considering TN we have family down there, but I must remain in IL until I finish my business degree because of college benefits for vets.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soon as my daughter is in College I'm heading for 20 acres in NW Arkansas. 'Living' in Belleville, IL right now and rue the day I bought my house here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Need a pool boy? I dont mind degrading work, as long as it includes dental
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Won't be a pool. Too much Deer, Boar, Black Bear and Turkey. [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats the significance of 141 in your user name? (C-17 Loadmaster)
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crash I feel your pain, as I live near poopcago.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey hunter I got an idea, lets gather to the rest of the state together and see if we can't open secret negotiations with either Indiana or Wisconsin and check out the possibility of selling it off to them for a modest price. I know the cook county area has issues, but I think they might buy into it....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by crash2usaf
    Hey hunter I got an idea, lets gather to the rest of the state together and see if we can't open secret negotiations with either Indiana or Wisconsin and check out the possibility of selling it off to them for a modest price. I know the cook county area has issues, but I think they might buy into it....

No that wount work. They know better.
    I say since crook county is worthless/been completely destroyed we make a land fill out of the property. Also half of it could be used for nuclear waste.
    We will have to be careful not to contaminate lake michigan though cause we do need the water and the fish are mighty tasty too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by crash2usaf
    Whats the significance of 141 in your user name? (C-17 Loadmaster)

Nothing. The "Tech" part comes from when I was a TSgt, the "141" was the number suggested by the Log-in system many moons ago. It's the Log-in name I've used for years, on every board I've ever joined.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never mind in loadmaster school we started our training on C-141's, and I was just curious if you worked on them...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The C-141 was/is a cool airframe. I am/was an Electronics/Computer weinie. Sorry, but no cross-reference there, besides the AF. When is your wife due?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    June 15th, any IL resident know how old you have to be to get a FOID card by any chance? Is less than a week old enough?
  • Options
    hbolteasthbolteast Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vermont: The whitest state in the nation and the ONLY one where you can carry a fully loaded high cap Glock in your glove compartment or concealed on your person with NO License required, not one dollar paid to the state or feds for foolish registration or licenses. So we had 113 inches of snow this year, I could care because as the Sunshine States fill up with killer bees and immigrants, I'll be out on the range and in the woods with my OA-93 having the time of my life in one of the least populated (Read: less A-holes) states in the Union.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rub it in, we gotta lotta habla espanola here in IL too I think that might have something to do with all the damn laws...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was transporting this PHD from N. Carolina and we got on the topic of hispanic proliferation. He said that NC has the fastest hispanic growth rate nationwide to which he attributed to lots of construction and lax illegal immigration enforcement. Kinda goes hand in hand, pay 'em ten bucks an hour under the table to hang sheet rock all day and they clean the 7/11's out of beer all night. Good for the economy!
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get one for anyone that is breathing and a birth certificate, Start to lil one out right and apply
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The new AARP mag had some stats on state percentiles of people age 5 or over who spoke a language other than English in the home. Can you guess the top four? California, New Mexico, Texas and New York (?) New York beat out Arizona! Then New Jersey and Nevada. Now let's look at the four with the least non-English spoken in the home- hold it, let's make it seven, since I have, in a left handed manner, mentioned the top 7, here's the top states where you'll hear mostly English spoken in the home: West Virginia, Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama, Montana, North Dakota and Vermont. There's hope for our somewhat spread out English dominant language yet!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oops, forgot the tag line:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I live in Illinois SOB [xx(] but I sure as hell wount when I retire. I have a good job and live close to work also I have to take care of my father so I'm kind of stuck in this SHIP HOLE for a while.[:(!]
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by hbolteast:

He said that NC has the fastest hispanic growth rate nationwide to which he attributed to lots of construction and lax illegal immigration enforcement. Kinda goes hand in hand, pay 'em ten bucks an hour under the table to hang sheet rock all day and they clean the 7/11's out of beer all night. Good for the economy!

Bolt,
    He is correct. NC is turning into the proverbial poopehole. It seems like the minicipalites around here just kiss the arses of these miscreants. It's going downhill fast.
  • Options
    pilotj@execpc.compilotj@execpc.com Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Milwaukee is a close second!!! The new Detroit!!! Damn glad I moved out of that liberal Doyle corrupted police state to Florida. Now I carry a Sig daily. (Oopps, did I say Daily? SOB took my airport away!!!) Never leave home without it! And all I wear down here is shorts and tee shirts. Paradise is a place thats warm, has plenty of sun and allows you to protect yourself and loved ones!

VIVA FLORIDA