In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mayor Bloomburg /NAGR response C&P petition

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
From: Dudley Brown - National Association for Gun Rights [mailto:director@nationalgunrights.org]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 4:59 PM
Subject: Stop Mayor Bloomberg!

Dear Gun Owner,

There are few things the Big City politicians love more than to blame law-abiding gun owners for their own repeated failure to control criminals.

But today, some Big City politicians are taking the "blame game" farther than it's ever been.

That's why it's vital you act IMMEDIATELY.

You see, right now, multi-billionaire New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is on a crusade.

And your state is part of the battleground.

Mayor Bloomberg's goal is simple: The complete eradication of guns from cities, counties and towns all across America.

And because so many in the press are squarely focused on the 2008 Presidential race, Mayor Bloomberg has been virtually ignored to this point -- and is having more success than he could've ever dreamed.

You see, Mayor Bloomberg -- and his deceitfully named "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" coalition -- have already succeeded in declaring vast swathes of towns in states like Florida and South Dakota "gun free zones."

Even in states like Texas and Montana -- states typically considered pro-gun -- local governments have completely banned all firearms on public property.

And now, thanks to ever-increasing pressure from Bloomberg's national anti-gun group, local government bureaucrats are getting into the "game" as dozens more towns are poised to start banning guns on public property, as well.

Next on their agenda? TOTAL statewide bans.

And should Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama succeed in gaining control of the White House, you can bet Bloomberg's coalition against guns will push for more national gun control.

All you have to do is take a quick glance at some of the coalition mayors' cities to see what they have in store for the rest of us. Just consider that:

***In Mayor Bloomberg's own city -- New York -- it's illegal to own a gun without a permit and almost no one but the rich and powerful can legally own one; or

***In Richard Daley's Chicago, handguns were banned for nearly 30 years; or

***New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin -- in the aftermath of Katrina -- sent in the police and the National Guard to illegally seize citizens' last means of self defense.

That's why I hope you'll agree to help stop Mayor Michael Bloomberg's attack on our Second Amendment freedoms.

And regardless of what the Supreme Court says in the Heller case, Bloomberg and the anti-gun radicals are not going to stop.

The truth is, the National Association for Gun Rights is the only gun group committed to fighting back against Mayor Bloomberg's schemes.

The fact is, Mayor Bloomberg's coalition against guns is not a group Second Amendment supporters like you and me can afford to ignore.

I'm sure you've heard the rumors flying around over the past several months that Mayor Bloomberg was considering a third-party bid for President of the United States.

Some in the press reported that Mayor Bloomberg could spend upwards of one BILLION dollars of his own money to seize control of the White House without even putting a dent in his fortune.

Well, Mayor Bloomberg has decided not to run for President in 2008.

But you can bet he hasn't given up for good.

I'm afraid Bloomberg's goal is to use his "Mayor's Against Illegal Guns" as a "launching pad" to run for President later.

You know as well as I do there are few issues that get Bloomberg's media pals more excited than gun control.

So Mayor Bloomberg's goal is to constantly push for new gun bans at all levels of government -- and then sit back and let the media fawn over him when he's successful.

And, of course, Michael Bloomberg believes he'll be successful!

He'll be able to pour more money -- by himself -- into enacting gun control schemes than any group of gun grabbers ever have in the history of our country!

He'll be a George Soros, but Bloomberg will dwarf Soros' spending.

That's why you and I must fight back now.

To this point, Mayor Bloomberg's coalition against guns has been content to operate "below the radar" while they build up power and influence.

So I'm afraid many gun owners are simply unaware that many of their own local and state officials are receiving pressure to sign on to Bloomberg's anti-gun schemes.

At the behest of Bloomberg's national anti-gun group local-level officials from all over America have been busy creating a patchwork of so-called "gun free zones."

The purpose of these zones is to ensnare and disarm law-abiding gun owners -- and the result, tragically, will likely be the violent deaths of more innocent citizens.

Of course, criminals pay no attention to "gun free zone" signs (like the recent college attacks).

So innocent people -- who are rendered helpless by obeying the law -- pay the price for the politicians' mistakes.

For example, Washington, D.C. has some of the most onerous anti-gun laws in America.

In fact, it's well known as the Murder Capital of the country.

After 25 years of the D.C. gun ban, the FBI's own statistics show a 51% increase in the D.C. murder rate, while the national rate dropped 36% in the same period.

The city of Arlington, Virginia is only separated from Washington, D.C. by the Potomac River.

It is virtually the same city, but Arlington is governed by Virginia's much less restrictive gun laws.

On the 25th anniversary of the D.C. ban, Arlington's murder rate was a modest 2.1 per 100,000 people.

Washington's murder rate was a tragic 46.4 per 100,000!

More crime, more deaths, and more tragedy will be the only effects Michael Bloomberg's gun control schemes will have -- wherever they are imposed.

Towns all the way from Billings, Montana to Erie, Pennsylvania currently have similar Bloomberg gun bans on the books.

Even in many small towns, carrying or discharging a handgun in self-defense is outlawed regardless of whether or not you have a pistol permit.

If you should ever be forced to defend yourself with a firearm in these towns, you could face jail, court -- not to mention the confiscation of your firearm.

Even if you are lucky enough to eventually be acquitted, that's a small comfort after you've been arrested and paid thousands in court costs!

And almost every week, it gets worse, as another anti-gun law goes on the books in some town, county or state.

That's why the National Association for Gun Rights is working so hard to stop Mayor Bloomberg's national anti-gun coalition.

I can tell you the National Association for Gun Rights is the only organization that is fighting this threat, and it's vital we receive your support.

I hope you'll take a minute to print and complete our online petition right away. (Click here: http://www.nationalgunrights.org/bloomberg.shtml)Your petition puts your state legislators and your local elected officials on notice you expect them not to join Bloomberg's coalition and to oppose any scheme supported by his anti-gun coalition.

Quite simply, Mayor Bloomberg and his anti-gun stooges need to know just how unpopular their brand of gun control is now, before they move on to even more far-reaching schemes.

The National Association for Gun Rights is willing to go all the way to the United States Supreme Court to put an end to these local gun bans.

But the first step in this battle is to generate grassroots pressure.

Without the active involvement of gun owners like you, the battle will be lost and New York-style gun control will be forced on towns, counties and states from Georgia to Idaho.

Do you want to see your state facing the problems of New York City or Washington, D.C. where crime rates continue to skyrocket because individual citizens are not allowed to defend themselves?

The Chicago and New York gun bans I told you about prove that it can indeed "happen here" in America.

Unless we take action to hold these officials accountable to the law, Michael Bloomberg will have towns in your state looking more and more like Washington, D.C. or New Orleans.

So please print and sign the online petition to your state and local elected officials right away. (Click here: http://www.nationalgunrights.org/bloomberg.shtml) It doesn't matter if you believe your local officials and state legislators aren't anti-gun, because the Bloomberg scheme is dressed-up as solely against "illegal" guns.

It's a pig wearing lipstick and a skirt, but I'm afraid some politicians don't see the pig.

That's why you must make sure your state and local elected officials know that there is strong grassroots opposition to New York-style gun bans.

And as important as your petition is, your financial support is even more vital.

Court battles against gun bans are not be cheap. And more importantly, we need to mobilize hundreds of thousands of gun owners to the silent attack on our gun rights. That's the best way to stop Bloomberg and his gang ... stop their coalition cold, in every county, town and state.

That's why I am asking you to sign your petition (http://www.nationalgunrights.org/bloomberg.shtml) and return it to the National Association for Gun Rights with a generous contribution of $40.00.

Believe me, I know $40.00 is a lot, but this fight against Bloomberg's anti-gun coalition is that important.

If you cannot afford $40.00, please consider a contribution of $10.00 or $20.00.

Remember, the National Association for Gun Rights is the ONLY organization fighting this battle against Mayor Bloomberg's national anti-gun group.

You and I must not leave the playing field to the gun grabbers.

So please take action right away.

Thanks again for your work in defense of the right to arms.

Sincerely,

Dudley Brown
Executive Director

P.S. New York City Mayor Bloomberg's national coalition against guns is having enormous success enacting unconstitutional "gun free zones" throughout the country in an attempt to ensnare law-abiding gun owners.

Their ultimate goal? The TOTAL eradication of all guns nationwide.

The National Association for Gun Rights is the only gun group committed to fighting back against Mayor Bloomberg's schemes -- and we need your support TODAY.

Please sign the online petition (http://www.nationalgunrights.org/bloomberg.shtml) and return it with your most generous contribution right way!

Comments

• triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wolfie, here's part of what you quoted -

You see, Mayor Bloomberg -- and his deceitfully named "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" coalition -- have already succeeded in declaring vast swathes of towns in states like Florida and South Dakota "gun free zones."

That's just plain BS. South Dakota State law PROHIBITS any municipality from banning guns.

Your source, Dudley BROWN, is telling you a big BROWN lie.

Don't chew, don't swallow. Spit it out.

You've been had, wolfie, by an outright liar.
  • Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good letter, but i think that you wasted valuable time and energy writing this only to come up empty handed when the NRA does not answer back, or do anything about it as they always do. if i may be so bold, i am sure the NRA knows what Mr. Mayor is doing and supports it. only because it would keep the NRA in buisness in doing so. look at it this way. if the NRA actually did its job, then where would all the money come to put all that food on their golden plates at night before they go to sleep in their multi million dollar mansions?