In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Firearm Age

atvguy585atvguy585 Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
You know what dose not make any sense is why you can buy rifles and shotguns at age 18 but can not buy pistols until you are 21. Which also makes the age of CCW 21 also. But you can carry a pistol when your 18 but you can not buy one. It makes no sense because if people are going to misuse firearms then let the good rest of us carry to protect ourselves and others. Some kid wants to bring a gun to school to kill others regardless of age then being 21 isn't going to stop that. I'm in Arizona I'm not sure if other states are different but being 19 I carry my pistol everywhere on me but never conceal, it just is annoying because if there's a time I need to protect myself or others I can't because a majority of places don't allow weapons, but for the bad it doesn't apply because they will do it and the rest of us are screwed. Example is some kid working at circle K works the night shifts. Your not allowed to have weapons during work, but some guy came in with a gun and shot at him and kid returned fire and killed him. He would of been dead with out his gun and the place robbed and circle K fired him still. I think that's wrong in so many ways. That kid should of received a raise and should of had other things good come of it. And when I speak kid I mean like 19-21 I'm not sure the exact age. They just don't show enough incidents like that where guns save lives, the news just shows the bad and that's part of the problem with the people that don't realize guns are a good thing to have and should support guns. So I guess I blame media partially for this.

Comments

• chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by atvguy585
    You know what dose not make any sense is why you can buy rifles and shotguns at age 18 but can not buy pistols until you are 21. Which also makes the age of CCW 21 also. But you can carry a pistol when your 18 but you can not buy one. It makes no sense because if people are going to misuse firearms then let the good rest of us carry to protect ourselves and others. Some kid wants to bring a gun to school to kill others regardless of age then being 21 isn't going to stop that. I'm in Arizona I'm not sure if other states are different but being 19 I carry my pistol everywhere on me but never conceal, it just is annoying because if there's a time I need to protect myself or others I can't because a majority of places don't allow weapons, but for the bad it doesn't apply because they will do it and the rest of us are screwed. Example is some kid working at circle K works the night shifts. Your not allowed to have weapons during work, but some guy came in with a gun and shot at him and kid returned fire and killed him. He would of been dead with out his gun and the place robbed and circle K fired him still. I think that's wrong in so many ways. That kid should of received a raise and should of had other things good come of it. And when I speak kid I mean like 19-21 I'm not sure the exact age. They just don't show enough incidents like that where guns save lives, the news just shows the bad and that's part of the problem with the people that don't realize guns are a good thing to have and should support guns. So I guess I blame media partially for this.
    sometimes we have to make hard choices to protect ourselves, and we know the consequences of our actions before we take them. That being said the kid is still alive, and I am sure he can find another job to replae his one at the "circle k", whatever that is. i would rather be alive looking for another job than planted in the ground at 19 because I complied with some employers firearms policy