In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More crap from LA.

cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/crime/la-me-guns30-2008may30,0,743915.story

quote:Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa on Thursday unveiled plans to target gangs and guns -- including confiscating cars used in gang-related crimes -- with a series of new city ordinances.
Confiscating cars I can deal with.
quote:The mayor proposed giving landlords the power to evict tenants convicted of using and possessing illegal weapons and ammunition. And he promised to push other new laws to regulate the purchase of ammunition and storage of weapons.

The proposed ordinances include banning .50-caliber, military-style ammunition; licensing ammunition vendors; requiring gun-store owners to make regular gun inventories and report to local law enforcement; and outlawing installation of secret gun compartments in vehicles.
Aren't .50 cal rifles already illegal in Cali? so this is like "you can't have the rifle or the ammo? what a waste of time.
Why the need for Law Enforcement to have the inventory? In case they're outgunned like they were in North Hollywood? Or so they know they've confiscated ALL the guns.
Licensing ammo vendors? what's that supposed to accomplish?
Outlawing secret gun compartments? Isn't concealing weapons illegal in Kali? another double law?
WHAT are they doing out there?

Comments

• Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Still, one attorney with the ACLU of Southern California warned that some of the proposals, particularly the move to seize vehicles used in gang crimes, could harm innocent relatives of gang members.

"Taking away the family car or putting the family out on the street because one kid has gotten involved in gangs doesn't help the family in the long run," said ACLU staff attorney Peter Bibring.

What the heck? the ACLU defends the family's "right" to have a car used in a crime, but not their RTKBA??
  • Options
    dppatroldppatrol Member Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    surprise,surprise,surprise.i had the missfortune to spend 5 months in that once great state.wth?
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of gun storage laws in California, I was looking at a gun safe at Harbor Freight today and the label on it said that it did not meet California reqirements for gun storage. What is the deal on this? I live in Illinois and this sounds like something our leaders would like.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    California has "extra special" gun safe requirements. The same basic requirment used to get on their gun vendor list too... MONEY. If the manufacturer pays the "testing fee" then they will be California DOJ approved.

At this point, the State of California, and particularly the City of Los Angeles (a place that my ancestors first setteled in 1880), has as much connection to reality as the Emerald City in the Land of Oz.

I'm sure when they pass a few hundred more redundant laws then those gang-bangers will finally just give up and become model citizens, right? After all, they have such a good track record of lawful obedience.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are giving the landlord the right to evict a tennant convicted of using illegal weapons? As a landlord this is just what I need.
    If he is convicted should he not be in jail? Would this not make eviction a mute point? Who is going to pay for the eveciton process?
    Here in Illinois it is difficult enough to evict when the don't pay the rent. Hey, next thing you know they will want to confiscate the house the guy is renting. This is already a possibility with drug convictions.