In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good Explanation of the 2nd!

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
A bit long, but easy reading. It will leave you with a full understanding of what your 2nd Amendment Right is all about!
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/silveira58.html

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The debate is, indeed, over concerning the Second Amendment.

The only question remaining is...how many men will defend it ?

We have legions of men in this country ready, willing, and eager to attack foreign soil at the beheast of corrupt 'leaders'...I surely wonder how many will defend their homeland from those same corrupt leaders.

So far.. there seems to be precious few.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball, the ruling comes down tomorrow morning, I hope they get this one right!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

We have legions of men in this country ready, willing, and eager to attack foreign soil at the beheast of corrupt 'leaders'...I surely wonder how many will defend their homeland from those same corrupt leaders.

And it sure seems friend, of THOSE claiming they will defend OUR country, can't seem to leave the couch long enough to learn anything. I experience on a weekly basis, people whom can't get motivated enough to prepare for bad times. They simply REFUSE to get ready for what is going to happen.

Too many talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. We may be ready friend, but I have the sneaking suspicion we will have an army of gimps.
  • Options
    joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On light of the recent decisions which the supreme court has passed down in the last several months- one can only guess what their liberal views will hand us regardless of what our beloved founders actual wanted. How have the liberals of this nation ( including the 5 liberal justices) chosen to change the very building blocks on what this country has been based. Joe.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joes
    On light of the recent decisions which the supreme court has passed down in the last several months- one can only guess what their liberal views will hand us regardless of what our beloved founders actual wanted. How have the liberals of this nation ( including the 5 liberal justices) chosen to change the very building blocks on what this country has been based. Joe.

While you may well be right, what have we done to prevent it?
    Voting doesn't work when you are face with the same choice no matter the canidate. Letter writing doesn't work, nor e-mail/phone calls.

WHEN will it be time to water the tree of liberty and set our course right again?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Scalia will be writing the majority opinion.[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    Scalia will be writing the majority opinion.[^]

Don't be too comforted by that.

EVERY Justice, including Scalia, who asked a question during the oral arguments in "Heller", mentioned and/or acknowledged that the government has the right to regulate firearms, regardless of the "individual rights" part of the argument.

There was ZERO discussion of, or agreement with, the fact that Amendment II is an absolute bar to the Federal Government regulating (read infringing) on an American's RTKBA.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1

Include me in the 'Few'!!! When do we start??
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Include me in the 'Few'!!! When do we start??
    Welcome aboard.

Now ..the toughest part of the job ahead is the waiting. Patience...a commodity rare and scarce.

I have been waiting 45 years ..watching the destruction of a country I love.
    The anguish is some days nearly insurmountable. but one goes on, nevertheless.
    We can do NOTHING...until the Beast is slashing and tearing our neighbors limb and thigh. Only then will we be 'authorized' to stop it.
    Have patience...the SWAT teams are growing stronger and more numerous every day.
    EVERY time another innocent citizen is slaughtered by minions...the Beast grows more confident.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Include me in the 'Few'!!! When do we start??
    Welcome aboard.

Now ..the toughest part of the job ahead is the waiting. Patience...a commodity rare and scarce.

I have been waiting 45 years ..watching the destruction of a country I love.
    The anguish is some days nearly insurmountable. but one goes on, nevertheless.
    We can do NOTHING...until the Beast is slashing and tearing our neighbors limb and thigh. Only then will we be 'authorized' to stop it.
    Have patience...the SWAT teams are growing stronger and more numerous every day.
    EVERY time another innocent citizen is slaughtered by minions...the Beast grows more confident.

Welcome Aboad? My Friend, I've been ON BOARD!!![;)][;)][:D][:D]